Update 1.5.5 Release date

Users who are viewing this thread

If shield inf have same movement speed out of shield wall, as archers, it would sound like that they would never catch them. But, actually they will. Because of several things. First, archers need to stop entirely to make damage. And then inf can go into shield wall and still close in. Can we agree on that inf in a shield wall, still have 700% more movement speed, compared to archers that stands still ? Secondly, the inf need to use the terrain to corner those archers, and then they are caught! And if one group of inf, can make one group of archers run and stop making damage, then they actually counter each other out. I am not saying it will be easy to catch them with 1.4.x rules. But does it have to be easy? I remember 1.4.x archers and inf very well. And it was the greatest pleasure to finally catch those freaking running archers, and kill them 1v1 with inf! Even with 5x2h and 1xcav vs 6x archers we managed to catch and kill them, because we used Tactics! Today, I don't see archers as any real threat really. Our cav mostly do rambooing, because our inf can manage on our own. Do you really want this game to be a meta of shields in square form around flag, while they can go afk untill a morale win, because they are invincible?

No but you're talking about archers being solo all the time. Archers are not made to be solo or self sustained, they need good positioning and support units to protect them, the only strength heavy archer units should have is alot of damage from a long distance and nothing else really because doing massive damage from far away is a super perk on its own. If we're talking about light archers like the hunters, sure they should be able to outrun heavy infantary easy but they still shouldn't be able to outrun light infantary. Because they in the end the meta will become archers if they are the fastest units, there will rarely be any reason to take a slow unit that will never be able to come to melee range with anything except other infantary that are running towards them.

Also I never said that infantary should be faster than archers in shieldwall just when they leave shieldwall should they be able to outrun archers. Also shield units already gets beaten by two handers so I dont know why square formation and morale win would become meta just because they would have a chanse to catch archers, it would more likely be like that if they cant catch the archers so they just have to stand and wait, why chase something you know you cant catch.

Every bow is different now. So some are alot slower then before and others same or a little faster
well see how it effects gameplay, but I thought that bows were at a good place with possible need for slight nerf when it came to PVP, whoever keep saying they need to seperate how they patch the gamemodes is completely correct

No but you're talking about archers being solo all the time. Archers are not made to be solo or self sustained, they need good positioning and support units to protect them, the only strength heavy archer units should have is alot of damage from a long distance and nothing else really because doing massive damage from far away is a super perk on its own. If we're talking about light archers like the hunters, sure they should be able to outrun heavy infantary easy but they still shouldn't be able to outrun light infantary. Because they in the end the meta will become archers if they are the fastest units, there will rarely be any reason to take a slow unit that will never be able to come to melee range with anything except other infantary that are running towards them.

Also I never said that infantary should be faster than archers in shieldwall just when they leave shieldwall should they be able to outrun archers. Also shield units already gets beaten by two handers so I dont know why square formation and morale win would become meta just because they would have a chanse to catch archers, it would more likely be like that if they cant catch the archers so they just have to stand and wait, why chase something you know you cant catch.

Like I said. I never had problems in 1.4.x, with catching archers 1v1 with shields. Shields already ran faster than bows then, like I explained in my previous post. And it was a joy to hunt them and make counter tactics to deal with them. And it was also a joy to be archers. Now its no fun to be archers or hunt them really. Yes, archers need good positions and they need to change positions fast too. That's another reason why they need to be faster. I don't think archers should be dependent on having X inf and X cav to protect them. I simply don't see any real tactics in game, where inf or other classes "protect" archers while they shoot and miss (1.5.x). I am talking about 1v1 too, because in 1v1 you can tell if the balance is way off. Which it clearly is with archers since 1.5.x. And that effects the whole cap mode experience. Now no one really need to be so careful when there are a few enemy archers, hell I am almost glad if the other team picks archers. My view is 100% objective here. I don't love one class more than another. And I don't think shields are weaker than 2h. Shields are the all round most strong class there is. Shields beat 2h, cav and archers.

Last edited:
Like I said. I never had problems in 1.4.x, with catching archers 1v1 with shields. Shields already ran faster than bows then, like I explained in my previous post. And it was a joy to hunt them and make counter tactics to deal with them. And it was also a joy to be archers. Now its no fun to be archers or hunt them really. Yes, archers need good positions and they need to change positions fast too. That's another reason why they need to be faster. I don't think archers should be dependent on having X inf and X cav to protect them. I simply don't see any real tactics in game, where inf or other classes "protect" archers while they shoot and miss (1.5.x). I am talking about 1v1 too, because in 1v1 you can tell if the balance is way off. Which it clearly is with archers since 1.5.x. And that effects the whole cap mode experience. Now no one really need to be so careful when there are a few enemy archers, hell I am almost glad if the other team picks archers. My view is 100% objective here. I don't love one class more than another. And I don't think shields are weaker than 2h. Shields are the all round most strong class there is. Shields beat 2h, cav and archers.

Yes but in 1.5.5 the archers get a huge buff right and can actually shoot and do damage and 1vs1 isn't necessary a balance check since some units are super strong vs others, with that logic 2 handers should have 300hp because archers (1.5.5 where they can shoot them down) will kill them super easy. But it seems like we're diverting from the original discussion. What I was saying was that I dont think heavy archers should be faster then infantary when they are running without shieldwall and that's pretty much it. Because if they are infantary will never catch a good archer. Also shields dont beat 2 handers in melee, there is a reason why 2 handers have been the meta for like 4 months. Heavy infantray are super weak vs Rabbles, peasents and all 2 hander units. If you also make archers faster then infantary the only units heavy infantary can fight are other heavy infantary and sometimes cav if they got spears.

Yes but in 1.5.5 the archers get a huge buff right and can actually shoot and do damage and 1vs1 isn't necessary a balance check since some units are super strong vs others, with that logic 2 handers should have 300hp because archers (1.5.5 where they can shoot them down) will kill them super easy. But it seems like we're diverting from the original discussion. What I was saying was that I dont think heavy archers should be faster then infantary when they are running without shieldwall and that's pretty much it. Because if they are infantary will never catch a good archer. Also shields dont beat 2 handers in melee, there is a reason why 2 handers have been the meta for like 4 months. Heavy infantray are super weak vs Rabbles, peasents and all 2 hander units. If you also make archers faster then infantary the only units heavy infantary can fight are other heavy infantary and sometimes cav if they got spears.

You don't see any connection between 2h meta, than have been the dominating for 4 months. And archers, that have been gone for 4 months? Guess what unit class, is the obvious counter to 2h meta? ---> ! ! ! A R C H E R S ! ! ! <----...And another thing that also have disappeared after archers got broken, that resulted in the total collapse of any fun, logical, balanced tactics and gameplay, is longtime players of cap mode. Several clans disappeared or just quit playing... I know that mindset...Its a nerfing culture that exists in BL. You think archers are too strong? Ok, nerf them. The result is of cause, that 2h will dominate then, and then those should be nerfed!. Then Shields are the all round epic class to be....That's where we are now...And Yes! Shields are better than 2h! ( If you use the terrain and shield wall ). If this nerfing culture continues, then the shield class will be able to fly around as unicorns as fast as a F14!!! But yes....let's see what the 1.5.5 update will do to cap mode....

I expected it to launch today as next week is Christmas and nobody updates on Friday obviously so it is Monday or Tuesday or next year which would be kinda deceiving.

reckon it would be before christmas or new year, yknow they don't celebrate christmas in turkey that might be it
Yes forgot about that, so maybe there is a full week next week.

Never thought about that lol, I still think they have weeks of holiday due to new year etc and just holiday? But that is off topic lol.

Anyways they won't do patching on a Friday as that is often just bad practice so that is the amount of info I can give to you.

Back
Top Bottom