Concern: Multiplayer Ban Distribution Method

Users who are viewing this thread

What will make it easier to differ someone teamkilling on purpose: a back and forth, or a clean feed of only one guy teamkilling?
Multiple people reporting the same person should be an additional factor in determining whether or not the person is team-killing to grief.
Team-killing can be helpful in captain mode if not abused, because If you are afk at the start of the round if your player character gets killed your ai units will automatically charge at the enemy units and the team can stay grouped on your units and the player won't get kicked out of the game due to inactivity while he is dead. However there are times in captain mode where someone on your team is killing your Ai units just to grief and troll and ruin the experience for other players.
The current system is clearly over-eager in some of these bans and its obvious that it is open to exploit or abuse, so here is what I would do:
First, if you received 5 reports in a single day for example all reports being from 5 different players respectively,
The transgressing player should receive a visible warning for their first report and as they try to click the multiplayer queue button this warning message would pop up :
WARNING: You have received multiple reports over the last few days, if this continues you may be temporarily or permanently banned from Multiplayer. Please review the Multiplayer Guidelines: Link here
After this, if the player receives 3 more reports totaling 8 in that day from 8 different people, apply a 24 hour ban to the transgressing player.
You have been banned for 24 hours due to receiving multiple reports. Please review the Multiplayer Guidelines: Link here
Continue to scale this up as necessary. If a player is transgressing against the rules actively and constantly after receiving multiple bans, that player would be subject to a manual review process wherein a more detailed analysis of the players activity over a broad period of time could occur.

Multiple people reporting the same person should be an additional factor in determining whether or not the person is team-killing to grief.
Team-killing can be helpful in captain mode if not abused, because If you are afk at the start of the round if your player character gets killed your ai units will automatically charge at the enemy units and the team can stay grouped on your units and the player won't get kicked out of the game due to inactivity while he is dead. However there are times in captain mode where someone on your team is killing your Ai units just to grief and troll and ruin the experience for other players.
The current system is clearly over-eager in some of these bans and its obvious that it is open to exploit or abuse, so here is what I would do:
First, if you received 5 reports in a single day for example all reports being from 5 different players respectively,
The transgressing player should receive a visible warning for their first report and as they try to click the multiplayer queue button this warning message would pop up :

After this, if the player receives 3 more reports totaling 8 in that day from 8 different people, apply a 24 hour ban to the transgressing player.

Continue to scale this up as necessary. If a player is transgressing against the rules actively and constantly after receiving multiple bans, that player would be subject to a manual review process wherein a more detailed analysis of the players activity over a broad period of time could occur.
I wouldn't automate this at all, you're asking for clans to mass report a specific person.

How to solve this: Kick poll, mob mentality.

Killing a teammate who is trying to kill you should not be bannable. If TW cannot tell who is the aggressor by the logs, then there is a simple fix that should have been implemented months ago: Vote kick. The fact TW is so incompetent that they create a problem out of a complete non issue is very disappointing, but not surprising.

The amount of previous bans should be the factor on how long a ban should be made, not the number of individual reports.
I wouldn't automate this at all, you're asking for clans to mass report a specific person.

How to solve this: Kick poll, mob mentality.
If the person who is team killing is only getting kicked then they would have the option to keep rejoining games. They should also be getting reported so they receive a temporary ban as a punishment and that so people don't constantly get them in games ruining the experience.

The ban was valid. Logs show intentional team-killing beyond doubt. @ChristopherR

Hitting each other with your friend, only for him to end up reporting you...and you getting banned. I am not sure what you expected?
1. You are both trolling the whole team by diminishing your chances to win.
2. We don't have the time to evaluate if the person who reported you was your friend nor does it make a difference to us, you're not just trolling each other, you're trolling your whole team as mentioned above.

Someone breaking the rules (team-hitting you) doesn't give you an excuse to break the rules yourself (team-hit them back). This is written in Code of Conduct. Report the player and he'll be punished. Does this represent an issue as the player is essentially ruining your game and you can't do much about it at that moment to prevent it? Absolutely.

We understand this is an issue and will try to resolve it in a timely manner.

Someone breaking the rules (team-hitting you) doesn't give you an excuse to break the rules yourself (team-hit them back). This is written in the Code of Conduct. Report the player and he'll be punished. Does this represent an issue as the player is essentially ruining your game and you can't do much about it at that moment to prevent it? Absolutely.
You understand the problem, but rather than being lenient until you can resolve the issue on your end, you expect the players to brunt the trolling by just “moving on”. Chris is an idiot for team killing him back since he knows that the moderators have this position.

All that aside, the position of the code of conduct is inherently bad. Not allowing self defense is a very modern European approach if I am being blunt about it. Honestly, it does not jive with some of your American players and it reflects in the collapse of the NA community.

I think there was 40 players in all of NA at 9 pm est. It gets boring playing the same maps, the same people, over and over. Your game is lacking in certain regards, but excelling in others. I understand the need for a code of conduct, and asked for it myself so we could properly know the positions of taleworld staff. I encourage you to take a look at this policy as it is effecting the current game population which is already in a miserable state.

You understand the problem, but rather than being lenient until you can resolve the issue on your end, you expect the players to brunt the trolling by just “moving on”. Chris is an idiot for team killing him back since he knows that the moderators have this position.

All that aside, the position of the code of conduct is inherently bad. Not allowing self defense is a very modern European approach if I am being blunt about it. Honestly, it does not jive with some of your American players and it reflects in the collapse of the NA community.

I think there was 40 players in all of NA at 9 pm est. It gets boring playing the same maps, the same people, over and over. Your game is lacking in certain regards, but excelling in others. I understand the need for a code of conduct, and asked for it myself so we could properly know the positions of taleworld staff. I encourage you to take a look at this policy as it is effecting the current game population which is already in a miserable state.
There is nothing "european" about not hitting back when teamkilled.

i am not criticising, i am pointing out that it is quite amusingly typical in conjunction with such silly beliefs.
capitalisation is a spook.
imagine reading mild snark and thinking it's a sign of being offended. ? smh.

I hope this type of posting isn’t reflective of the moderation on this forum.

How incredible, the guys who shout cry "snowflakes" at moderation rightly banning stupid **** being offended by some of the meekest moderating talkback I've seen on this forum. SMH some of the old moderators would have just banned you all by now.

How incredible, the guys who shout cry "snowflakes" at moderation rightly banning stupid **** being offended by some of the meekest moderating talkback I've seen on this forum. SMH some of the old moderators would have just banned you all by now.
“this type of posting”, should have said “posting that is off-topic and ****ting up the thread”

Back
Top Bottom