Brainless army AI

Users who are viewing this thread

It is pretty difficult to say it is brainless unless we know how much influence that clan had left. Clans won't spend their remaining influence keeping an army together.

It is pretty difficult to say it is brainless unless we know how much influence that clan had left. Clans won't spend their remaining influence keeping an army together.
My concern is with logic. Does the AI even consider if its cohesion or food is enough for the mission?
But yes, it can even be ok since the exact scene happened in GOT with Stannis... :smile:

My concern is with logic. Does the AI even consider if its cohesion or food is enough for the mission?

Food, yes. Definitely. But it counts your food stocks as its own. I'm not as sure about cohesion.

edit: It seems like if the army has any objective at all, it will consider value vs. its reserves of influence.
NZMZmRF.png

Last edited:
I really hope they implement the replacing of party leaders if there are capable characters in the clan.
Like replacing the existing party leader on the map or creating a new party with a another hero? Because second one already happens.
But it counts your food stocks as its own.
I hate that. It makes sense for other heroes since they can't leave but they shouldn't make plans with my food without my consent.

I suppose the biggest question here is why did it not initiate the assault with such a large force instead of breaking up. It had a tower completed and a ram built, with a force tripling the defense. It should have attacked.

Like replacing the existing party leader on the map or creating a new party with a another hero? Because second one already happens.

I hate that. It makes sense for other heroes since they can't leave but they shouldn't make plans with my food without my consent.
Replacing the leader after they die without the party disbanding. It happens if there are other heroes in the party but the ai never has more than one hero per party.

I suppose the biggest question here is why did it not initiate the assault with such a large force instead of breaking up. It had a tower completed and a ram built, with a force tripling the defense. It should have attacked.

Because assaulting a walled settlement with only three times its numbers would generally mean a very close win or even a loss. The AI is usually pretty conservative -- only Daring (Valor 1) lords will go for that. And not always then.

Because assaulting a walled settlement with only three times its numbers would generally mean a very close win or even a loss. The AI is usually pretty conservative -- only Daring (Valor 1) lords will go for that. And not always then.
Really? The auto-resolve is set to beat 3-1!

Interesting.

I thought the video was going to end with the army slowly starving itself during the siege while a dozen or so individual parties gather around and close In from all directions. Have seen this happen many times in bannerlord campaign map lol

Probably that clan's influence is not enough to boost cohesion. In this case you can say why they are choosing that far target. You are right he should not select that target especially if his clan has low influence.

In 1.5.6 we increased target distance importance while choosing target to attack. If you have a save file I can check if he will change target in 1.5.6 or not. Maybe he can still attack same target if that target is one of closest enemy targets. So if this is the case there should not be wars between further factions. We already check this as a factor maybe we should increase its importance.

This is really strange. I have replayed this save and instead of joining the army (to support with food) I just followed them.
First their numbers were falling but after some time it stopped and the numbers were increasing. With some strange logic I could explain this (some parties had food, some did not, some parties had wounded which were healing, some got wounded due to starving... etc).
I followed them till the castle when they started the siege. I was only observing the siege but when their numbers started to fall I joined the army to support them with food. Guess what, the cohesion of the army was full! It started to fall only when I joined the army!

This is really strange. I am not sure if this could be caused by the patch today. Going to try to replay this few more times.
Is it possible that when I joined the army I screwed up the cohesion calculation and it was dropping lot faster?

Back
Top Bottom