Bannerlord Comprehensive List of Implemented Perks (1.5.4 main branch and 1.5.5 beta) -UPDATE IN PROGRESS

Users who are viewing this thread

So bannerlord perks updated his side. But I want to inform you at least I can't deflect arrows with a two handed sword while blocking. I get constantly hits by arrows when I try to block them.

OK just looking the code right now. It seems that it is implemented.

Last edited:
So bannerlord perks updated his side. But I want to inform you at least I can't deflect arrows with a two handed sword while blocking. I get constantly hits by arrows when I try to block them.

OK just looking the code right now. It seems that it is implemented.

IIRC it's only when changing blocking positions so you can't do it with autoblock. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

I don't really autoblock. But I figured out that the arrow must hit the blade and that is nearly impossible. Because the blocking stances are so, that you hold your weapon away from your body, you doesn't really protect your body. And you must change your position at the right time. E. g. you must have a perfect timing when changing block stances from the right to the left, or vise versa, to block an arrow that is flying straight to your head.

I don't really autoblock. But I figured out that the arrow must hit the blade and that is nearly impossible. Because the blocking stances are so, that you hold your weapon away from your body, you doesn't really protect your body. And you must change your position at the right time. E. g. you must have a perfect timing when changing block stances from the right to the left, or vise versa, to block an arrow that is flying straight to your head.
I was trying out the deflection too and this does seem to be how the perk is implemented. It effectively turns your two-handed weapon into a long but very narrow shield while blocking. It seems very difficult to make use of it intentionally since your weapon covers so little space, so it might be better to think of the perk essentially as just negating a very low percent of arrows whilst you're blocking.

A lot of people were hoping or dreading this perk would turn you into an anime protagonist, but it really just enables the physical hitbox of two-handed weapons to interact with arrows while blocking.

1.5.7 : I think perk "braced" doesn't work anymore, can't dismount horseman. In previous patches it was easy to perform this feature, now - doesn't happen
The perk and the three others work, it's just that dismount is bugged: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/dismount-effect-doesnt-work.437311/
Marked as resolved but it'll be applied in a future patch.
I don't think this thread should be fixed if it's not gonna be updated anymore...
It's still updated as far as I can tell, in fact I sent him a message like two weeks ago to update Skewer, and he indeed updated it: https://www.bannerlordperks.com/perk;skill=polearm;perk=skewer

That website is not related to the autor of this thread as far as I know.
the Bannerlords perk website was in the original post so I assumed it's the authors and hopefully it will be updated soon to 1.5.7 i'm not sure what's going on with NLCrich but he said he had to take some time so I don't see a reason to not have this thread fixed unless it really does get abandoned but in that case I'm sure someone could take over

the Bannerlords perk website was in the original post so I assumed it's the authors and hopefully it will be updated soon to 1.5.7 i'm not sure what's going on with NLCrich but he said he had to take some time so I don't see a reason to not have this thread fixed unless it really does get abandoned but in that case I'm sure someone could take over
NLCRich isn't directly associated with BannerlordsPerks, but was using their site to complement his own checking of the perks after updates. Obviously he's taking some time away from this/the game, stuff happens.

I did the visual, but had also taken some time away from the game. The visual was based on NLCRich's analysis, not from BannerlordPerks, so to update I'll need to double check as I think there were some minor discrepancies, the visual hasn't been updated for a while, and there have been a number of updates. I'll try and update the visual this week, though I can't insert it into the OP.

any idea on Charm, It's been 2 or 3 patches since last one and besides smithing that is only one left to do. Also for perks to be somewhat effective the focus needs to be turned up on many of them. Medicine, Roguery, Engineering, (riding and athletics more on campaign map) Some need serious help to level, especially why have 225 and 250 goveners perks when it is almost impossible to raise them to high a level, it's a simple fix to raise focus and should be implemented to help

any idea on Charm, It's been 2 or 3 patches since last one and besides smithing that is only one left to do. Also for perks to be somewhat effective the focus needs to be turned up on many of them. Medicine, Roguery, Engineering, (riding and athletics more on campaign map) Some need serious help to level, especially why have 225 and 250 goveners perks when it is almost impossible to raise them to high a level, it's a simple fix to raise focus and should be implemented to help
Scouting too I think. Leveling combat skills are a bit overtuned. Riding xp for bow and xbow should be reduced a bit.

I wonder if the one handed shield bash perk translates its effects to two handed weapons bashing. It says shield bash but still it's pretty much in the same area so it could be the same underlying system or whatever.
So anyone has any idea if bashing with two handed while having this perk increases the damage and enemy stagger?

I don't understand the logic behind Pikeman perk and Cavalry perk. As it seems that Pikeman grants a bonus regardless of being on foot or mounted while Cavalry gives the same bonus percentage but only while mounted.

Back
Top Bottom