Resolved Pack animal herd penalty

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue. Thank you for reporting it in.
Ok is it also intended that now with the penalty that caravans are easily caught and some travel 5.0 at times? As I said there are side effect to this change and it now makes caravans easy targets especially in Khuzuit or Aserai territory

Ok, although 5.4 to 1.8 and 5.5 to 2.2 is pretty insane, if you can fix it by managing your horses it still sounds doable. I must admit that I have no idea how much cargo you must move to get to the higher levels of the trade skill. I'm usually 50-125 tops. AI caravans being easy targets seems pretty ****! Although this does mean it eliminates the competition for those sweet deals...

I changed my mind a little bit. I think if they want to stop the mega-trading-herds moving across the map, consuming everything and trading like mad, they should at least make it so you actually get trade points from operating caravans like the character development screen says. It seems fair to me that you should expand your business like that at some point. I see the 1.5.4. update says there are trade skills implemented but do you actually get xp from running caravans now? Of course, if they get killed easily it doesn't help anyone... You can't be everywhere at the same time so that needs a bit of a review, I'd say.
@mexxico knows the caravan movement speed is a problem caused by them taking horses and getting the herd penalty. he has assured me there is a fix coming for this. Also more economy changes are coming in 1.5.6 to help traders. We are also working on something that I hope will help "trader builds" in the near future.
I don't think Taleworlds understands that traders are an important and popular part of the game that has been neglected, Fear not I will try my best to get traders back to being viable fun builds again. give @mexxico and I a little time, we will get it back to being fun again.

Last edited:
I've been informed that this change is intended and not a bug. The herd penalty is changed from 0.02 to 0.2.
I don't get how it works, I know your allowed 1 horse per party member, so I have 171 party size with 317 horses. Thats 140 horses over the limit and had a 1.00 her penalty, that it .004 per horse over the limit how is the herd penalty calculated

I don't get how it works, I know your allowed 1 horse per party member, so I have 171 party size with 317 horses. Thats 140 horses over the limit and had a 1.00 her penalty, that it .004 per horse over the limit how is the herd penalty calculated

171 infantry or cavalry? 1 horse per cavalry troop and 2 horses per infantry.

The herd penalty is also currently capped at -3.84. Meaning a cavalry only party can carry infinity herd animals around and still be maneuverable.

171 infantry or cavalry? 1 horse per cavalry troop and 2 horses per infantry.

The herd penalty is also currently capped at -3.84. Meaning a cavalry only party can carry infinity herd animals around and still be maneuverable.
all cav so that is where I am lost he said .2 and that is it, not other words, what is formula, since mine comes to .007 for each extra horse with 171 cav and 140 extra horses over limit
trying to figure formula but my math is failing me right now

has this been fixed yet? i started a new game in 1.5.5 and due to loot from looter battles i had to get two horses to carry my stuff and the herd penalty kicked in and i got so slow that i couldn't avoid battles anymore and got ****ed.

i mean come on, two horses! how's that a herd? how come one mounted soldier with two loaded pack animals is slower than 20 looters on foot?? i can understand this change for the other animals, hogs, sheep and cows, because they are slow animals, even a single one of those nimals would slow you down, no matter how large your army is. but horses?! i mean come on!

do they know what herd means? horses are herd animals, they all follow the lead mare, there's no problem of stray horses! how can you possibly add a mechanic more counter-intuitive than to have horses slow you down, despite clearly havign a game mechanic that forces you to have pack animals in your inventory to carry your loot!

if you want to further nerf income exploits, then by all means fix the actual horse prices! not **** over new adventruers trying to play the game as intended!

Back
Top Bottom