Just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

karaghak

Recruit
Hello adventurers!

I'm just another average player that just want to give his feedback about the current state of the gameplay. I wanted to write this post for so long but i didnt get the confidence to do it. Remember that this is not a hate post or something like that, i just want to share my thoughts of the problems that right now are taking me out of the game.

First, I want to say that i really enjoy the game, when the game starts and you get your first troops and start to do the first missions, that feeling is really nice. But the more you advance into the game, the more repetitive it gets.

So, right now, I think there are three big problems in this game. The first one is that the core of the game, the battles and the sieges, have really annoying bugs, that destroy the immersion. In the siege, the pathfinding in the ladders is completely broken + when the player is operating trebuchets or catapults the ia use to leave and dont recharge the ammo properly and when it does the pathfinding makes it to do some weird moves. And there is one more thing, the trebuchets should not being attacked by the castle defences because they should be out of range. I think that the time of trebuchets constructions with low engineering skill should be increased in order to balance it with the feature i said before. So at the end you are saving troops sacrificing more time of siege. This change is easy (or i think its easy) to implement because its just making the trebuchets untargetable in siege map and increasing the time due eng skill. Nothing more.

The second one, is the lack of mechanics. I feel that at this point TW can just add some mechanics like use the gang leaders in the cities to poison the garrion or open the gates in a siege. And they can do this in the easy way just to test it. They can add the feature to speak to these gang leader when u are infiltrated in a enemy city, and using your charm and roguery skill + some money, if you convince him/her, the desired effect will happen, if not, he wont do it + the posibility of treason. No scenes, no big stuff, just some dialogs and nothing more. The point here is to improve the deepness of the current mechanics.

The third and last thing that kill me is the autoresolve. Right now, i dont know why my army of 100~ always lose 1 or 2 troops against armies of 60~ pouchers. But the point is what kind of troops dies. They usually be vladian sharpshooters or veterans, not t1 recruits. I really dont understand it. This can be fixed really fast, just adding a feature at the end of the autoresolve, so the troops that died against very low lvl troops like pouchers, if they are high lvl like t5 or t6, just make recruits died instead. The system will be the same, but at the end the troops that died are the basic ones, which i thinks has more sense.

I said before this is just my opinion. I know there are more problems but this three for me are the most annoying by far. I really hope to see your comments about this.

Thanks of taking your time of reading this despite my bad english.

Totally 100% agree on the 2nd point, never thougt of that but that would make those Gang Leaders finally useful.
Maybe even make that they help you in the fight, and the more influential they are the more or better troops they bring with them

Attacking a castle isnt easy enough guys ? you want to add yet another tool for offense that wins 99% of the time already ?

Maybe if you are owner of the castle, and very friendly with the notable too, they will provide you with troops to add to the defense. it could work both ways.

In the end, castles aren't worth much, they really need to place them somewhere else instead of on the edge of the map or in the middle of nowhere.
Castles were meant as defensive positions, strategic valueable places or even chokepoints but here they are not really worth anything at all.
There placement is extremely random and atleast 90% of the castles are nowhere near where anyone would have ever built them

Attacking a castle isn't easy enough guys ? you want to add yet another tool for offense that wins 99% of the time already ?
Well, I think you are not seeing the big picture. If you have a bigger army than the garrison is normal that you can win the fight, its "real", however, the lacks in some features, "easy to implement" that can make it more realistic and challenging its the problem here (its what i think).

For example, they can implement a possibility of disease in both armies which is something normal in real sieges, (they can parameterize it using your leadership, tactics and medic skills + the army size + the time of siege). This can add a plus of difficult to novice generals or to castle without a proper governor. Another example is the possibility to send a companion to do a subterfuge action, like poison the well, burn the stables, burn the granary (if attacker), or burn the stable, burn the tents, assassinate general (if defender) (companion should need the roguery skill). These are just some ideas that only need some dialog and logic, not scenes, not nothing fancy, but they will give you more gameplay and will make skills more useful.

Well, I think you are not seeing the big picture. If you have a bigger army than the garrison is normal that you can win the fight, its "real", however, the lacks in some features, "easy to implement" that can make it more realistic and challenging its the problem here (its what i think).

For example, they can implement a possibility of disease in both armies which is something normal in real sieges, (they can parameterize it using your leadership, tactics and medic skills + the army size + the time of siege). This can add a plus of difficult to novice generals or to castle without a proper governor. Another example is the possibility to send a companion to do a subterfuge action, like poison the well, burn the stables, burn the granary (if attacker), or burn the stable, burn the tents, assassinate general (if defender) (companion should need the roguery skill). These are just some ideas that only need some dialog and logic, not scenes, not nothing fancy, but they will give you more gameplay and will make skills more useful.

We really need these random/not random events to spice up how we can win or lose sieges. Disease is a huge one. You could prepare and get a huge army just to be wrecked by dysentery. Or a city garrison could become diseased by launching diseased animals or the dead over the walls, or having a rogue character poison the well as you said. These really need to be tied then into the moral of the army. All of these can take a toll on the moral adding another level which needs to be monitored or could led to disaster. It is currently just too easy to field armies and siege anything you want. Castles need to matter, army morale and composition, and outside factors such as disease need to have a role to add a bit of random flavor and to slow snowballing early.

Also, disease should happen in villages and towns which could led to lock downs where you can't trade with them or you need to stop villagers from moving on the map to stop the spread of a disease. This would throw a wrench in trade, commerce, and make soldiers avoid the area maybe messing up their raiding or sieging plans.

I love the idea about adding notables in castles who give noble units. Hopefully castles get something to make them worth. Or maybe adding low tier noble units to garrison eventually, for example 1 squire per week in Vlandian castles or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom