Resolved Player's brother cannot change equipment after joining in player's party

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
What do you mean "busy with the main quest"? BTW, my problem was I did update to 1.5.5 without waiting Steam to finish download "Live 1.5.4". Long story short, I then update back to 1.5.4 and back again to 1.5.5. Then I verified files (steam option) and sure enough 1 file was corrupted, last thing (as usual when big patches drop with any game) I defragged my SSD. Now everything works as it is supposed to.

When I talk to him, I have the option 'About that quest you gave me' 'I'm still working on it', I can give him a clan role, but beyond that, nothing more, no equipment or the like.

Ok, never had a situation like that...I mean that is the conversation you get when you talk to somebody you took a mission from and you didn't yet fulfill the requirements to finish the mission (like you started a quest to bring horses to a Lord and you don't have enough of them), so I didn't even know you can take quests from your brother...so it might be just a bug, your file save corrupted when you finished the quest "rebuild your clan". Or something like that. Anyway QA team will answer you in a little while. They always did answer me when I asked for support...:smile:

Hi, this issue has been fixed with the latest update. If you're still having the same problem, can you try to recreate this on a new campaign? The QA team checked it on both old save files before the hotfix and on a new campaign after and the issue should not persist.

Hi, this issue has been fixed with the latest update. If you're still having the same problem, can you try to recreate this on a new campaign? The QA team checked it on both old save files before the hotfix and on a new campaign after and the issue should not persist.

Is this in regard to which version?
I just tested a brand new 1.5.4 Vanilla game save and the issue is there. Or do you mean the upcoming patch, whenever that is released, will solve this issue?

Jumping back in with something probably related. For me the "brother issue" is solved since the hotfix (1.5.5 with no mods). But both family and normal companions don't show up in any castle slot, even if they are resulting as "staying at X castle". So whenever I assign them as governor I can no longer take them in my party. (my work around, which isn't the best, is to create a new autonomous party, or for companions, kick them out of the clan and then go recruit them back in)

Can you upload your save file to upload.taleworlds.com? Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

I don't have the save I think. I did upload it when
uçanbiblo
asked for it in the thread I opened.

But just in case I went to the thread I opened and the google link was still there. I uploaded it for you as well.file name is Vanilla Save testing brother.sav

Description on the link you provided:

vanillabrotherissue.1.5.4
-Brother unavailable due to quest
-Brother found in character screen, but not in inventory screen.

Hi there. I am having a new issue with "my older brother". Now after being release/escaped I can no longer assign him to anything. But, after I manually ask him to join my party he goes back to work normally. From the clan menus he result "busy with the main quest" instead (1.5.5 no mods)

Hi there. I am having a new issue with "my older brother". Now after being release/escaped I can no longer assign him to anything. But, after I manually ask him to join my party he goes back to work normally. From the clan menus he result "busy with the main quest" instead (1.5.5 no mods)
Hi, please create a new thread for this issue with your information and upload your save file beforehand. You can upload it at upload.taleworlds.com. Please paste the link of the new thread in the description box on the upload website so we can identify it.

Hi, please create a new thread for this issue with your information and upload your save file beforehand. You can upload it at upload.taleworlds.com. Please paste the link of the new thread in the description box on the upload website so we can identify it.

Oh, sorry I no longer have the save. Besides, I did add it here because the whole "brother/family" thing is creating several issues. For example when I capture a new town, the game might move the other two "little ones" there, and/or my old brother will respawn there after being released. Then if this new town get captured back by the enemy the bug I mentioned will start and things like that. So I do believe you should check the whole process, and if I may suggest, why don't you add a "hometown" option in the clan menu? So that the player can decide where the family should stay, and maybe also where the other companions will go? This will probably keep things easier for you and will give more control to the player. In fact, in both 1.5.4 and 1.5.5 I still have had the problem to run around to find my caravan companions, with them moving around and/or staying at very unpredictable locations.

Oh, sorry I no longer have the save. Besides, I did add it here because the whole "brother/family" thing is creating several issues. For example when I capture a new town, the game might move the other two "little ones" there, and/or my old brother will respawn there after being released. Then if this new town get captured back by the enemy the bug I mentioned will start and things like that. So I do believe you should check the whole process, and if I may suggest, why don't you add a "hometown" option in the clan menu? So that the player can decide where the family should stay, and maybe also where the other companions will go? This will probably keep things easier for you and will give more control to the player. In fact, in both 1.5.4 and 1.5.5 I still have had the problem to run around to find my caravan companions, with them moving around and/or staying at very unpredictable locations.
The bug you've mentioned and the one described on this thread are very different, that's why I asked you to create a new thread. If you don't have the save file anymore, please update me if you can encounter this again.

The bug you've mentioned and the one described on this thread are very different, that's why I asked you to create a new thread. If you don't have the save file anymore, please update me if you can encounter this again.
Ok, my bad. I will start a new campaign and I'll create a different thread if needed. thanks for the support :smile:

Back
Top Bottom