Multiplayer mods can't be made until 2024 unless we find an alternative

Users who are viewing this thread

SO is the really going to happen again... how many times are we going to go through this. If you cant explain this to us Callum then please for the love of god just give us someone who CAN.

3. Why are you guys so averse to the idea of creating a roadmap? And no, the "this is what we're working on right now" posts are not a roadmap. For once: Define. Your. Scope. Of. Multiplayer.
We do try to share information like this in our "Plans for..." posts. Here is the previous multiplayer one: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/statement-regarding-plans-for-mp-vol-4.432030/
Who wants to play Taleworlds bingo along with me?

even with everything here, thats still a bit harsh considering its likely not his decision what he can and cant share. still sucks tho.

I totally agree with you. I think peoples like Callum, AVRC and NIN3 are the ones trying to save the MP from their hierarchy. Maybe they deserve more respect for that.

I totally agree with you. I think peoples like Callum, AVRC and NIN3 are the ones trying to save the MP from their hierarchy. Maybe they deserve more respect for that.
This is most likely why we haven't been getting anywhere without or complaints, again... we aren't talking to the right people, we need contact with the actual lead developers

So that's it then, @Callum? Just ignore my and everyone else's followup questions, I guess. No need to have a real conversation about this when you can just post a generic "this isn't happening" message, right?
I know you tend to reply to angry messages with nothing more than snarky comments ("What would you like to discuss" jumps to mind, right?), but for the love of god, I've been trying to have polite conversations with you guys about this since August 2019, and every single time you just post some generic comments that explain jack ****, and act like that's the end of that, if you even deign to respond at all. Talk about your plans. Engage in conversations. Your complete inability to do this has alienated 95% of your dedicated community.

Again:

You know what would have prevented all this nonsense? An actual roadmap. So to add to those questions:
3. Why are you guys so averse to the idea of creating a roadmap? And no, the "this is what we're working on right now" posts are not a roadmap. For once: Define. Your. Scope. Of. Multiplayer.

I am honestly so absolutely fed up with this bull**** excuse of "community management". You guys have been dead set on creating a ridiculous excuse of a multiplayer since before the alpha, and completely ignore your own playerbase, unless it comes to the details that don't change jack **** about multiplayer as a whole.

Start acting like a community manager: the bridge between your developers and your community. Not a one-way street do funnel your company's will down the throat of your community.

Maybe take a look at this:

and this:

Why no do it like that? Weekly updates, but not in form of a forum thread one has to go through in order to get information + roadmap of what's coming in near future and what's coming some time later. Every change is also accompanied by developer's comment containing reasoning behind it, so that the community can clearly know what was the intention even if it failed.

Right now, as just another player interested in your game and particularly in multiplayer modding area I have literally no clue if I should even invest time in it.
Taleworlds can't share their roadmap because they likely don't have one themselves, at least for multiplayer. Even if they did, I think everyone here is aware that they sure as **** wouldn't be able to follow it consistently.

As a member of a dev team for a multiplayer mod I'm extraordinarily disappointed in how TaleWorlds has handled this situation. It's really disheartening to hear that something that you've been looking forward to working on is going to have to wait a few more years. I just can't wrap my head around TaleWorlds bizarre list of priorities, especially when it comes to multiplayer. I won't beat that dead horse like everyone else has although I will mention it really was quite silly for TW to go hard on the esports angle. As someone who's been an avid watcher of esports for 6 or 7 years now it really came as no surprise that it would be dead on arrival. Most AAA games don't make it as esports, let alone this game that has little appeal as a spectator experience from the general viewing audience.

What really bothers me is that we all want to see this game succeed and are willing to chip in to see that happen, but that's made increasingly difficult all the time. Taleworlds, you know just as much as anyone that multiplayer is in shambles in it's current state, help us help you bring it back to life. At least try to have something by the time you guys come out of early access. A 1.0 release with no custom servers would truly be tragic and may kill off whatever hope is left for multiplayer in this game.

To some extend I would argue that the community is partly a stakeholder to the game, at the very least because the community kept your previous game running, even 10 god damn years after launch. A whole f*** decade.

And now when the question arises about current progress, the only thing that is shared with the community "the server files are not ready to be shared. There really isn't much more I can say beyond that, sorry."

What a absurd joke

The server files are not ready to be shared. There really isn't much more I can say beyond that, sorry.
I'm not ready for this game. There really isn't much more I can say beyond that, sorry.
JUkLEQa.png

fingers crossed guys

Last edited:
Please keep us civic and let us not kill the messenger, we all know that Callum and by extension Dejan are bound hand and foot as to what can and cannot be talked about. The cuestion is, why this censoring communication policy? This only bring alienation and disinterest.

Don't u guys get it? TW has other priorities then keeping the modding scene alive

I_ruK.jpg

God forbid they work on features that are important to the community as a whole
giphy.gif

Priorities... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom