Beta Patch Notes e1.5.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone noticed arrows drifting upwards? I'm having to aim at their feet to hit them in the head. Not sure if it is due to high bow skill and perks or not. Reminds me of Skyrim archery.

It's intended for now but we're hoping to change that in a future update.

My version is [e1.5.5 beta]

When I created the character, I chose to turn off death and childbirth. The age of the characters in the save is constant.

After game update just now. My Save has happened death and childbirth. I don't want to turn on these settings, but the game forces it.

Because [1.5.5 beta] couldn't change these settings in the middle of the game. It's bad. My Save was destroyed.

Can you add settings like the old version? It can be changed at any time in the game. That the battle resulted in death, and aging death options.

Combat Changes
  • Fixed Bows staying at max accuracy longer than intended.
  • Aiming durations are now slightly more affected by character skill.
  • Adjusted Ranged AI to be more accurate.

Ok confirmed after testing some saved battles I use as reference, devs have broken the game again and archers are ultra OP again, similar to pre 1.5.3 levels. Well done...

Yes, let's destroy the singleplayer balancing just to make captain mode players happier who probably represent 1% of the playerbase. Maybe I am wrong and most of the people do not care at all about this, but I find this to be a pretty huge issue. This game is all about battles and you have just made battles 0 challenging and 0 enjoyable again because archers are ultra OP and kill everything.

Ok confirmed after testing some saved battles I use as reference, devs have broken the game again and archers are ultra OP again, similar to pre 1.5.3 levels. Well done...

Yes, let's destroy the singleplayer balancing just to make captain mode players happier who probably represent 1% of the playerbase. Maybe I am wrong and most of the people do not care at all about this, but I find this to be a pretty huge issue. This game is all about battles and you have just made battles 0 challenging and 0 enjoyable again because archers are ultra OP and kill everything.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought multiplayer had separate balacing from single player.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought multiplayer had separate balacing from single player.
Captain mode is the overlap between the Singleplayer and Multiplayer (since both make use of the AI competence, archers in this case Captain mode vs Singleplayer), and the limited way TW approaches balancing (balancing all MP gamemodes using the same perks) it looks like "pull the rope" game, where the rope is the balance, and it can only go one way, but several Multiplayer modes plus Singleplayer sometimes are pulling each to their own side.

A side note:
-political discussion or any other kind of derailing is not desirable in the on-topic threads, especially patch notes.
-each consecucutive ignoring of this rule is lowering the treshold for taking action, and increasing said action's severance.

Captain mode is the overlap between the Singleplayer and Multiplayer (since both make use of the AI competence), and the limited way TW approaches balancing (balancing all MP gamemodes using the same perks) it looks like "pull the rope" game, where the rope is the balance, and it can only go one way, but several Multiplayer modes plus Singleplayer sometimes are pulling each to their own side.

A side note:
-political discussion or any other kind of derailing is nit desirable in the on-topic threads, especially patch notes.
Ah I see. Thanks for the correction!

Honestly I didn't notice any issues with archers before this patch? At least in SP they were performing fine.

Does anyone know what were the issues in MP captain mode?

Hopefully they are testing something and not making things bad so they can fix it next patch and claim "PrOgReSs" :dead:
Jokes aside, an explanation would be nice.

Apparently, you will be able to kill your wife(s) for profit?! :iamamoron:
So my wife died in childbirth and I noticed that she took all her gear to grave. As it is the first time this happened to me, I have to ask is this intended or a bug?
It's intended for now but we're hoping to change that in a future update.

Last edited:
Honestly I didn't notice any issues with archers before this patch? At least in SP they were performing fine.

Does anyone know what were the issues in MP captain mode?

Archers performance in a nutshell:

- Broken and pretty OP since the release. Some SP and even MP guys were complaining. I posted some videos where archers performed infinitely better than cav and infantry units and were able to decimate x3 or x4 stronger AI armies.
- Patch 1.5.3 - Archers got a pretty big and deserved nerf but it was probably in a wrong way (they missed a lot of shoots if you tested them in 1v1 engagements) but the result was great and archers were pretty well balanced (in SP) in 1.5.3 and 1.5.4. On the other hand, captain mode players complained a lot about archers missing shots because shock infantry was overperforming and captain mode was pretty unbalanced.
- Patch 1.5.5 - Devs fixed the archers AI and made them OP again but at least they were not as broken as pre-1.5.3 patch. Some people started complaining about archers, even in multiplayer I have read people complaining about archers again.
- 1.5.5 Hotfix - Archers AI got improved again without giving any nerf for archers damage or reloading speed, so the result is archers broken again and vastly overperforming same tier cavalry and infantry units. Currently, 1 tier 5 archer is like x3 more effective than a tier 5 infantry/cavalry unit.

I just hope that this is a mistake and devs will deal with this issue, otherwise I am pretty much done with this game until I learn how to mod it effectively and fix this bad balancing for myself.

Archers performance in a nutshell:

- Broken and pretty OP since the release. Some SP and even MP guys were complaining. I posted some videos where archers performed infinitely better than cav and infantry units and were able to decimate x3 or x4 stronger AI armies.
- Patch 1.5.3 - Archers got a pretty big and deserved nerf but it was probably in a wrong way (they missed a lot of shoots if you tested them in 1v1 engagements) but the result was great and archers were pretty well balanced (in SP) in 1.5.3 and 1.5.4. On the other hand, captain mode players complained a lot about archers missing shots because shock infantry was overperforming and captain mode was pretty unbalanced.
- Patch 1.5.5 - Devs fixed the archers AI and made them OP again but at least they were not as broken as pre-1.5.3 patch. Some people started complaining about archers, even in multiplayer I have read people complaining about archers again.
- 1.5.5 Hotfix - Archers AI got improved again without giving any nerf for archers damage or reloading speed, so the result is archers broken again and vastly overperforming same tier cavalry and infantry units. Currently, 1 tier 5 archer is like x3 more effective than a tier 5 infantry/cavalry unit.

I just hope that this is a mistake and devs will deal with this issue, otherwise I am pretty much done with this game until I learn how to mod it effectively and fix this bad balancing for myself.
I have to agree, I am almost a full time archer and I think what they did earlier was great and I think archers were still OP, and to give the AI a bonus again is pretty much head scratching
Most complaints I heard were with how bad Player targeting was, I didn't hear anyone say the AI need better accuracy so I am lost as to why this was done, AI archery was still OP, why give a bonus, I felt if anything a damage reduction was needed not an accuracy boost.
I am totally baffled by this

If anyone has seen my videos, my group of fian champions, legonaires and horse archers can take out an army 2 to 3 times my size on realistic and the fians are the big key to taking out their early powerful troops. I have video proof and while I love the power my army has, I even feel a damage reduction is needed

Hotfix 25/11/20
  • Fixed an issue with mounted crossbows being unable to reload while standing still. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue that caused companions to not have any skills and weapons.
  • Fixed an issue regarding the toggle order active text and icons.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented weapon changing, dismounting, etc. while giving orders.
  • Fixed an issue with the selection circle not showing up for gamepads.
  • Decreased opacity of order menu UI in general.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when taking a quest from a noble. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue that caused settlement claimant decisions to be cancelled and re-proposed indefinitely. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred on the multiplayer siege map: Baravenos Encirclement. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue where northern lords would spawn without leg armour.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to the Beast Whisperer perk in Scouting skill. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue that allowed the player to invite their siblings to their party even though they had not come of age yet. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the player from choosing their children as their heir. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue that allowed cities to host tournaments during sieges. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue that prevented caravans from carrying sheep, cows and hogs in some towns. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Players and their parties are now counted as 50% weaker to besiegers. They will give up much less with this change. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed the issue with the wrong primary production text being shown on village tooltips. Now, the most produced item in that village is the primary production. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Slaughtering sheep, cows, hogs now also gives hide. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)

Combat Changes
  • Fixed Bows staying at max accuracy longer than intended.
  • Aiming durations are now slightly more affected by character skill.
  • Adjusted Ranged AI to be more accurate.

Weapon and Equipment Changes
  • Light Oval Shield (Oathsworn)
    • Hitpoints decreased from 160 to 140.
    • Weight decreased from 3.2 to 3.
  • Lighter Oaken Kite Shield (Legionary)
    • Hitpoints decreased from 140 to 130.
    • Weight decreased from 3.5 to 3.
  • Light Round Shield (Varyag)
    • Hitpoints decreased from 165 to 155.
  • Light Tall Heater Shield (Sergeant)
    • Hitpoints decreased from 145 to 135.
  • Highland Scout's Shield (Wildling)
    • Weight decreased from 4.7 to 2.5.
  • Northern Kite Shield (Recruit - Raider - Brigand)
    • Weight decreased from 4.7 to 2.5.
  • Northern Round Shield (Warrior - Brigand - Hunter)
    • Weight decreased from 4.5 to 3.2.
  • Desert Oval Shield (Skirmisher - Tribal Warrior)
    • Weight decreased from 4.7 to 3.2.
  • Arbalest (Sharpshooter)
    • Damage decreased from 100 to 95.

Troop Changes
  • Fixed Battania Mounted Warrior Javelin perk overriding equipped shield.
  • Aserai
    • Skirmisher
      • Speed increased from 81 to 82.
    • Tribal Warrior
      • Swapped Mace and Large Shield perks.
    • Beduin
      • Swapped Camel and Cavalry Sword perks.
  • Battania
    • Wildling
      • Speed increased from 81 to 82.
    • Oathsworn
      • Swapped Heavy Mace and Axe perks.
    • Ranger
      • Changed the Throwing Axes perk to Mace perk.
  • Empire
    • Recruit
      • Speed increased from 80 to 82.
    • Legionary
      • Swapped Mace and Heavy Axe perks.
    • Courser
      • Price decreased from 140 to 130.
  • Khuzait
    • Spear Infantry
      • Swapped Pike and Long Sword perks.
      • Swapped Mace and Stronger Shield perks.
  • Sturgia
    • Brigand
      • Speed increased from 79 to 82.
    • Varyag
      • Swapped Mace and Long Sword perks.
  • Vlandia
    • Sergeant
      • Swapped Mace and Axe perks.
thanks

Slaughtering sheep, cows, hogs now also gives hide. -Love this

Also: allowed cities to host tournaments during sieges Wait.. what? :ROFLMAO:

Back