Slow Camera snap back after looking around with circumflex

Users who are viewing this thread

Eight months later in EA. There's still no option to disable it. Yet they added the team death icon feature.

i posted 9 months ago, i post now. it's still awful
I can imagine Captain Lust would have brought it up several years ago when he was employed at TW.

He mentioned in an MB_TV stream that he used the camera key in Warband "like crack" - just like any regular MP player would do - and I think that was back in either 2014 or 2015.

I think its has something to do with motion sickness. Or nerfing not realistic meachanics. In case of the first one, maybe put a slighter so people can change it to the speed they are able to hold up too.

++
In warband you could look around with ~ while fighting with other inf while here it's become much more risky. + cav hoof stomps are much quieter from my perspective so additional ms after ~ release might save you.

What the hell is wrong with the devs of this game? Why they never answered a thread like this? Are they socially awkward or unable to communicate things? Why has this subject remained unanswered since the fkin beta.

Yeah this slow moving camera has annoyed me since day 1 of EA release. I have kind of instinctually started doing 360 MLG jumps to look around instead of using the tilde key. I have found with the speed your character can do a 360 it offsets the inability to have a dedicated *look behind* you key that snaps into place instantly.

I have never gotten motion sickness from a game until I started using Bannerlord's freelook. Warband's camera snap-back was fast and painless and not nausea-inducing.

P.S. I'm not a boomer I swear.

I have never gotten motion sickness from a game until I started using Bannerlord's freelook. Warband's camera snap-back was fast and painless and not nausea-inducing.

P.S. I'm not a boomer I swear.
How dare you use a previous instatement's good mechanics to compare it to the sequel ??????

Just went back to playing some Warband.

Such an upgrade in gameplay.

Sorry bro this responsive combat and responsive mechanics could lead players into having fun, therefore it had to be discontinued

I think its has something to do with motion sickness. Or nerfing not realistic meachanics. In case of the first one, maybe put a slighter so people can change it to the speed they are able to hold up too.
I think the OP is complaining that the snapback isn't instant, in which case it wouldn't rotate at all. It would simply cut straight back to the default view, just like in Warband. I personally don't get motion sickness, but I'd have thought it would be the presence of any camera rotation that would cause it. A one-second rotation still produces a fast camera movement, yet it's called "slow" because it's not instant, and it can interrupt the gameplaying experience.

People might have different preferences, which is why I say there should be an option to change it, but a faster camera is definitely superior functionally.

The idea that the slow snapback is an attempt to nerf an element TW consider unrealistic is too ridiculous to believe, especially in light of the fact that they added floating skulls to show where teammates died.

In any case, it's still very important to use the camera key in Bannerlord to keep a lookout for cavalry and other things. I'd recommend that any new player get into the habit of using it if they want to do better at the game (even with the non-instant snapback), because it can really make a difference.

I'm a boomer but I want Warband's camera snap-back back! (and 1st person death cam too!)
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom