Beta Patch Notes e1.5.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Disciplinarian was the only reason to go for the leadership tree. So, if You remove this, could You just add an auto-sell of captives on entering a town? Why bother with any dialog or menu interaction any longer?
You guys have a talent for making bad design decisions even worse. It was a PITA before, reaching the disciplinarian perk to hire captives. Now without that, things are even worse.
I just downloaded 1.5.5 but I will wait a year or two more before starting over, maybe.

Hotfix 20/11/20
  • Changed the dead teammate indicator opacity and on-screen stay time.
  • Order radial UI is now 30% smaller.
  • Crush Through is only possible with Battanian Two-Handed Mace and Sturgian Two-Handed Hammer. Both weapons' swing speed and damage have been adjusted.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the player's brother to not show up in the inventory screen.
  • Fixed an issue that caused radial UI to not close properly with the ESC key and the right mouse button.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the player's brother to not be able to lead a party and not to be assigned as governor through governor selection in town management.
  • Fixed an issue that blocked the player from entering settlements if peace was declared while the player was besieging a settlement. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the main hero talked with a disbanding party. (Also in 1.5.4 hotfix.)
Yay thank you all for timely fixes!
Losing disciplinarian will make it more difficult for factions to compete with Khuzait. I play as Battania and would go clear out bandit hideouts in Khuzait lands, taking horse archer prisoners to recruit into my army. Disciplinarian allowed me to build up my armies weakness in the early game.

How the hell am I supposed to get HA's now? I guess I'll have to go to war with Empire and take their horse archers as prisoners to recruit.
My plan is to just force recruit their villages that have noble units until we figure out how/if we can get KG from bandits again. Of course amassing HA prisoners from Khuzait battles is good too.

AAAAAw the good old broken days of tournament arrows, companion bandit upgrades and the "magical control key prisoner recruitment".

Disciplinarian was the only reason to go for the leadership tree. So, if You remove this, could You just add an auto-sell of captives on entering a town? Why bother with any dialog or menu interaction any longer?
You guys have a talent for making bad design decisions even worse. It was a PITA before, reaching the disciplinarian perk to hire captives. Now without that, things are even worse.
I just downloaded 1.5.5 but I will wait a year or two more before starting over, maybe.
I think it's okay if they change it BUT I also don't think enough time was giving in after fixing "bandit recruitment easy-mode bugs" to see if it really was OP in it's intended state. I also think some other perks or functions should be added, other wise bandit troops become much less attractive. Perhaps higher tier or special bandit troops, maybe behind a roguery perk or eve a different unit for a leadership perk and 1 more a roguery perk.

I understand amassing KH and Fians was basically the strongest force you could make and trivialized the "notable relation" system, but it's going to be missed.

Only fixes? Any real new features
Losing disciplinarian will make it more difficult for factions to compete with Khuzait. I play as Battania and would go clear out bandit hideouts in Khuzait lands, taking horse archer prisoners to recruit into my army. Disciplinarian allowed me to build up my armies weakness in the early game.

How the hell am I supposed to get HA's now? I guess I'll have to go to war with Empire and take their horse archers as prisoners to recruit.
I don't understand, in my last campaign as empire in peace times I used to run Khuzait lands recruiting peasants then I trained them and made a 40-50 horse archers cavalry in my army. Besides the prisionears.

I think it's okay if they change it BUT I also don't think enough time was giving in after fixing "bandit recruitment easy-mode bugs" to see if it really was OP in it's intended state. I also think some other perks or functions should be added, other wise bandit troops become much less attractive. Perhaps higher tier or special bandit troops, maybe behind a roguery perk or eve a different unit for a leadership perk and 1 more a roguery perk.

I understand amassing KH and Fians was basically the strongest force you could make and trivialized the "notable relation" system, but it's going to be missed.

that perk was very exploity and didn't make much sense, why were forest bandits turning into such powerful troops? I prefer the bandit gameplay to be improved by adding more bandits, and making looters actually upgrade-able in some new bandits. That's way more interesting and less exploity than that perk would have ever been in that system...

I don't understand, in my last campaign as empire in peace times I used to run Khuzait lands recruiting peasants then I trained them and made a 40-50 horse archers cavalry in my army. Besides the prisionears.

Steppe bandit tree eventually upgrades to Khan's guard tree. In my Khuzait games I used to always clear steppe bandit hideouts with tournament arrows and have an army of only Steppe raiders that I could then upgrade to the Khan's guard.

I have to admit that I only reached disciplinarian perk when using the export character mod cheat but that is because of my playstyle, if you don't join a faction as a noble you can't form armies and thus can only level leadership from having 75 morale at least and that is super slow.

Do bandit troops still transform into their noble counterparts when garrisoned in castles?

if not, time to sell my prisoners and place all my bandit troops in a specific group and have them all suicide charge, at least I'll level medicine a bit that way

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The Empire factions have a horse archer, but it's not enough to make a significant horse archer group to fight off the Khuzait Horde with, especially when you're Battania, you don't have horse archers, and the only ones you can capture nearby are the insignificant amount that empire has.

It means I have to play as a mercenary for Sturgia or someone near Khuzait early game, so I can go to war with Khuzait to capture some prisoners.

How do I disable the new **** UI? I want the old one.
E7QOTZd.jpeg
The new UI should be optional especially if you play with a controller. It makes more sense, in the future too for console port. But PC its bad. Make-it-optional.

Yeah, it will have a positive effect of making peoples armies more faction specific. I think a lot of people were running with Fians, Khan's Guards, and Imperial infantry before the changes.

Now, I'll actually have to build relations with Battanian notables so I can recruit Fian's, since noble troops are extremely rare. I'll have to recruit my own villages more frequently, instead of just heading to a forest bandit hide-out where I know I can find what I'm looking for.

It's going to force me to be a mercenary strategically to capture the troops I want. It will delay the amount of time before I can create a kingdom so I can amass enough horse archer prisoners. It removes the need for me to join a kingdom to grind leadership by creating armies.

A lot of the effects of removing Disciplinarian are really positive.

I just don't like that I have to figure out new creative ways to build a significant amount of horse archers as Battania.

As I have said I dont care what they do as long as they just "communicate" with us, and this is my biggest gripe with TW, 24 hours now and cant get an answer, just tell us

As I have said I dont care what they do as long as they just "communicate" with us, and this is my biggest gripe with TW, 24 hours now and cant get an answer, just tell us

I'd say you can safely assume now that the disciplinarian perk is removed from the game. The question I would be asking is if they plan on introducing new bandits to the game so we can actually have some bigger bandit-trees, now that would be great

I like the accuracy nerf, what feels a bit ridiculous is how accurate looters are with stones at 50 meters... I dont even think that many people can throw a stone that far and hurt you but they are supperaccurate at doing it...

To me is kind of a ton...
In Weapons.xml

Item id="throwing_stone" name="{=1CPdu9K0}Stone" is_merchandise="false" body_name="bo_throwing_stone" holster_body_name="bo_axe_short" holster_mesh="stone_holster" holster_mesh_with_weapon="stone_holster" mesh="throwing_stone" value="2" weight="0.1" appearance="0.1" Type="Thrown" item_holsters="throwing_stone:throwing_stone_2">
<ItemComponent>
<Weapon weapon_class="Stone" ammo_class="Stone" stack_amount="14" physics_material="missile" accuracy="45" thrust_speed="102" speed_rating="102" missile_speed="40" weapon_length="10" thrust_damage="15" item_usage="stone" rotation="100,30,20" passby_sound_code="" rotation_speed="0, -3.0, 0">
<WeaponFlags RangedWeapon="true" Consumable="true" AutoReload="true" UseHandAsThrowBase="true" />
</Weapon>
</ItemComponent>
<Flags />

In Weapons.xml

Item id="throwing_stone" name="{=1CPdu9K0}Stone" is_merchandise="false" body_name="bo_throwing_stone" holster_body_name="bo_axe_short" holster_mesh="stone_holster" holster_mesh_with_weapon="stone_holster" mesh="throwing_stone" value="2" weight="0.1" appearance="0.1" Type="Thrown" item_holsters="throwing_stone:throwing_stone_2">
<ItemComponent>
<Weapon weapon_class="Stone" ammo_class="Stone" stack_amount="14" physics_material="missile" accuracy="45" thrust_speed="102" speed_rating="102" missile_speed="40" weapon_length="10" thrust_damage="15" item_usage="stone" rotation="100,30,20" passby_sound_code="" rotation_speed="0, -3.0, 0">
<WeaponFlags RangedWeapon="true" Consumable="true" AutoReload="true" UseHandAsThrowBase="true" />
</Weapon>
</ItemComponent>
<Flags />
Unfortunately, I dont have acceas to the files because I play using NVIDIA GEFORCE...

How does 45 compare to other throwing weapons or ranged weapons?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The Empire factions have a horse archer, but it's not enough to make a significant horse archer group to fight off the Khuzait Horde with, especially when you're Battania, you don't have horse archers, and the only ones you can capture nearby are the insignificant amount that empire has.

It means I have to play as a mercenary for Sturgia or someone near Khuzait early game, so I can go to war with Khuzait to capture some prisoners.
In this patch 1.5.5 I'm planning as Sturgia and I take a trip in Khuzait lands and I'm recruiting some peasants about 20 to make horse archers, I figth easy targets like looters to gave them a update I buy horses to,, right now kI have 6.

In this patch 1.5.5 I'm planning as Sturgia and I take a trip in Khuzait lands and I'm recruiting some peasants about 20 to make horse archers, I figth easy targets like looters to gave them a update I buy horses to,, right now kI have 6.

Yeah, thats a different troop line. You cant get Khans Guards from recruiting peasants. You cant get them from the bandit tree now either.

I guess thats a good thing. It makes tier 6 troops faction specific.

Any words on how far along is the command system for clan parties? So that I can tell them what to do and stop donating troops to garrison. Without that I found mid to late game far too tedious to play.

no, had them in my party for around 80 days and not one joined, useless perk, well not totally if it works and makes getting 4's easier but the big one was 5 and 6, still dont get making a perk to gives an advantage to something that is impossible, best quote was someone I saw earlier say
ok what is double the chance of 0, well anything times 0 is 0. simple math

Is that a bug or hasn't been implemented though?

Back
Top Bottom