WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Users who are viewing this thread

Fyren338

Regular
This is what Taleworlds actually did for multiplayer this patch x_x

Multiplayer
Design & Balance

• Crush Through:
    • Increased crush through energy threshold.
    • Made it slightly easier to crush through with 2h maces in relation to the energy threshold change.

but what if it said this:

Multiplayer
Design & Balance

• Crush Through:
    • We realize that this is a terrible mechanic that 99% of the game's population despises so we DELETED IT
    • We also noticed that 100% of everyone playing currently and everyone that quit playing altogether wanted us to release the servers so here they are! oh wow the game isn't dead anymore amazing!

Regarding crushthrouh, I did a short test on a voulge for this patch. It seemed happend only when I had foward momentum and dealt 16 dmg to heavly armored untis and 30-50 to lightly armored ones. If someone tested other weapons I'd be nice if they posted the results. I'm especially curious about menavs.

Maybe Crush Through helps balance captain mode or something, but that's for AI, for PVP anyone with the slightest idea on how to actually melee doesn't want it. The devs really just need to give up on the idea that balancing EVE and PVP is ever going to work in this game. Maybe just keep Crush Through for the Maul, but make it shorter and slower like the Great Hammer in Warband.

Maybe Crush Through helps balance captain mode or something, but that's for AI, for PVP anyone with the slightest idea on how to actually melee doesn't want it. The devs really just need to give up on the idea that balancing EVE and PVP is ever going to work in this game. Maybe just keep Crush Through for the Maul, but make it shorter and slower like the Great Hammer in Warband.
100 points to the reasonable solution finder
Hunting Longbow
  • Accuracy increased from 90 to 96
  • Damage increased from 54 to 60

Superior Bow
  • Accuracy decreased from 90 to 72
  • Damage decreased from 56 to 32
this one is a big sigh is there a way to facepalm until my head explodes

I don't think it's fair to judge the stat changes on ranged weapons before we see how they interact with the ranged combat changes, I'm excepting the superior bow to work like a semi-automatic rife.

It ain't fixed (I also did 125 damage from time to time), in 1.5.5 only 2h mauls/maces will do CT the devs said. There is a fix underway, keep your calm.

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the short bow what the basic one you start with already and then superior is the one you spec into? what is this??????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Short Bow
    • Accuracy decreased from 91 to 84
    • Damage decreased from 49 to 46
  • Superior Bow
    • Accuracy decreased from 90 to 72
    • Damage decreased from 56 to 32
I don't think it's fair to judge the stat changes on ranged weapons before we see how they interact with the ranged combat changes, I'm excepting the superior bow to work like a semi-automatic rife.
oh i get it they are patching guns into the game i forgot about that annoucement ?!

It ain't fixed (I also did 125 damage from time to time), in 1.5.5 only 2h mauls/maces will do CT the devs said. There is a fix underway, keep your calm.
i get that they want to fairly implement this into the game it just that it's ****ing trash it's just trash
always been trash always will be trash because everyone everytime they get crushed through is going to not like it happening to them always even the slow ones in warband were frustrating at least they had counterplay but genuinely just irritated most players most of the time ffs what a waste of consideration there are significantly larger problems to be addressed but this is wasting time why can people swing two handers on a horse? who's driving the horse? have you heard of reigns? who in the actual world has the balance of a gymnastic olympic rider that can effectively swing a glaive putting all there weight into a two handed swing on one side of a horse and keep riding away how do physics not dismount that person instantly.

Last edited:
this one is a big sigh is there a way to facepalm until my head explodes
I wonder if Devoloper who makes this changes is able to understand how game works.

sure medieval game lacks semi automatic rifle.

i hate how the devs designing the MP
soo good for movie & speculating
soo bad in gameplay

so if they want realistic heavy weapons crushing through like real life
why not add dodging mechanic to counter this to be a fair fight
u know what, make a witcher game and get done with it

Regarding crushthrouh, I did a short test on a voulge for this patch. It seemed happend only when I had foward momentum and dealt 16 dmg to heavly armored untis and 30-50 to lightly armored ones. If someone tested other weapons I'd be nice if they posted the results. I'm especially curious about menavs.

30-50 dmg is WAY too much no matter what unit you are attacking. Its a god damn stupid mechanic that doesnt reward blocking hits. Blocking should be the almighty way of reducing damage taken.

Crushthrough with voulge and menav seems to only happen when blocking with 1h, and that's like %50 of the time, ngl crushthrough for blocking with 1h kinda makes sense but chances should be lowered nonetheless. With shield I did not get chrushthrough from voulge yet.

Additional changelog added to 1.5.5 beta
  • Crush Through is only possible with Battanian Two Handed Mace and Sturgian Two Handed Hammer. Both weapons' swing speed and damage have been adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom