Multiplayer mods can't be made until 2024 unless we find an alternative

Users who are viewing this thread

Well unless things change, i don't think they will, dedicated server files will be shared.

The problem with yours was that it was getting a publicity of being "a better mp" and there are many people working on server side. They are obviously upset that you kind of steal all the credit. I mean issues are mostly design issues, there are many other people. Devs, artists etc. that did their job well but all gone to kind of waste due to those community server people advertising their changes as "better mp".

Honestly, if I had the power, I would support those feedback but I also understand why people get upset because of the community server.

Holy ****ing ****. Is this real? Does anyone remember who said this? This really, really upsets me.

I've never joined the "BL bad" bandwagon, because I know development takes a long time and I had faith TW will steer the game in the right direction. I thought they knew moddability was one of the very strong suits of their games, both SP and MP. But, if this is true, that they've actively undermined the community's moddability by cutting away a feature that was already working, that really upsets my trust in them. I'm at least glad to hear TW wasn't unanimous in this decision.

What does this mean? They have said they will release custom servers at the end of EA, right? Is this their attempt to give the official E-sports scene they want to create more traction?

Could a dev give more insights about this decision, or at the very least a statement about the future of custom servers/MP moddability?

Last edited:
Holy ****ing ****. Is this real? Does anyone remember who said this? This really, really upsets me.
i know who said it, cause i quoted it here, but i really dont want to put any of the most amazing n modding commmunity friendly devs into scenarios where they may loose their job, just cause A person with decision making power was against moddable multiplayer

i know who said it, cause i quoted it here, but i really dont want to put any of the most amazing n modding commmunity friendly devs into scenarios where they may loose their job, just cause A person with decision making power was against moddable multiplayer

That's a fair assessment. I wasn't trying to start a witchhunt, but I was rather curious what their position was in TW. Not that it really matters.

Last edited:
most amazing n modding commmunity friendly devs
Thanks for saying that, that needed to be clarified, we have indeed been supported by quite a few devs that saw the real effort we "community server people" did, and not "advertising" anything.

Many things are now left to be desired, no grudges should be held, but a huge opportunity will remain missed, unfortunately alongside many others.

its really a shame, i bought bannerlord for the MP modding scene. SP was just side thing for me , when i heard that coop wouldnt be a thing.
i never really got to partake in mount and blade MP modding back in the days, and i played enough SP. i had nothing but respect fot TW, until i heard this

if this is true......

I wonder how many pages this thread will accumulate before a conclusive answer formulated by some Taleworlds heavyweight.

giphy.gif

Dev's I quoted started deleting their messages to me

i guess they will start to ignore this matter once again ,
i would been fine with a message "change what u said, to protect me",
but blocking me on discord and deleting all messages is just weak which only makes this matter worse ,
than a simple nudge so i could respects taleworlds/Dev's Interests as best as Possible.

Which we already offered multiple times and respected Everytime.

gladly i made some screenshots tho over the last months which i may share with (censored profile pic/name),
if they try to even more to "ignore the issue" and "destroying evidences" instead of confronting the player base

Last edited:
The thing is I don't think this is the fault of devs, more-so the management who going by these reviews aren't very organized or even aware of what the multiplayer player base wants: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/TaleWorlds-Reviews-E443487.htm

I would really like if we could actually discuss this with the ones making the decisions since frankly so many other important issues have been brushed away already, I dont feel like we are being listened to which is really frustrating considering we have supported this company for so long and even payed a pretty hefty price for a BETA. Ive heard Taleworlds use the excuse they they arent a AAA studio and therefore we should not expect the progress a triple A studio makes. How can you then justify this pricetag and this much... disrespect frankly. Of course Im not aiming this at the devs who are really trying to deliver us an amazing product. Im blaming this on the management

Dev's I quoted started deleting their messages to me

i guess they will start to ignore this matter once again ,
i would been fine with a message "change what u said, to protect me",
but blocking me on discord and deleting all messages is just weak which only makes this matter worse ,
than a simple nudge so i could respects taleworlds/Dev's Interests as best as Possible.

Which we already offered multiple times and respected Everytime.

gladly i made some screenshots tho over the last months which i may share with (censored profile pic/name),
if they try to even more to "ignore the issue" and "destroying evidences" instead of confronting the player base

This is past beyond ridiculous, I never expected this from Taleworlds, I've seen politicians in my country do stuff less stupid than this

145235378-studio-shot-of-cheerful-young-man-covering-his-eyes-with-hand-and-smiling-while-isolated-on-white-ba.jpg

I'm really loving this new company's politics:
If I can't see the issues I don't need to address them!

Enjoy your Multiplayer guys! Probably will be played by 5 dudes in 2022 and one of those will be you, the rest of them will be on the non rentable co-op mod made by fans and the other on the cRPG or PK mods

Last edited:
I worry TW eventually says something like this:
"You know guys, sorry we got your hopes up, but we came to realization that it's not like we can make Bannerlord into both a popular esport game and this sandboxy heaven you had there in Warband. As much as we share the sentiment for potential brilliant mods the community could make, at the same time we fantasize about Bannerlord being a game like Rainbow Six Siege, with all the cool yet simple, easily distinguishable classes, robust ranked system, youtubers opening lootboxes, thousands of dollars made of paid skins, official esport tournaments, you know the deal right? It's 2020, we have to get real, the whole world believes in one god now and it's $$$."

I worry TW eventually says something like this:
"You know guys, sorry we got your hopes up, but we came to realization that it's not like we can make Bannerlord into both a popular esport game and this sandboxy heaven you had there in Warband. As much as we share the sentiment for potential brilliant mods the community could make, at the same time we fantasize about Bannerlord being a game like Rainbow Six Siege, with all the cool yet simple, easily distinguishable classes, robust ranked system, youtubers opening lootboxes, thousands of dollars made of paid skins, official esport tournaments, you know the deal right? It's 2020, we have to get real, the whole world believes in one god now and it's $$$."
You're out of your mind if you think TW will ever be so open and forthright about anything. Especially where multiplayer is concerned.

You're out of your mind if you think TW will ever be so open and forthright about anything. Especially where multiplayer is concerned.
What is very funny is that in the "can TW communicate more" thread callum posted this.
Is there something specific you would like to discuss? :smile:

I mean, we are trying to keep you updated as much as we can with things like the development update videos, and the plans for SP and MP threads here on the forums, but outside of that we are certainly open to ideas and ways to keep you informed of what is going on with development.
Afterwards, they answered a easy questions that were easy to answer without compromising anything, and afterwards when real questions and important stuff came by they just left the thread for good, hilarious.

What is very funny is that in the "can TW communicate more" thread callum posted this.

Afterwards, they answered a easy questions that were easy to answer without compromising anything, and afterwards when real questions and important stuff came by they just left the thread for good, hilarious.

They never talk about the difficult topics. Never has.

Back
Top Bottom