Beta Patch Notes e1.5.5

Users who are viewing this thread

The new Leadership perks are kinda crap. They reworked Veteran's Respect so that instead of a mild cost reduction for high-tier troops, it is now useless for a player (Governor/Governor) and its effects basically don't matter: increase garrison size by 20 (my garrison limit is food, not size) and daily +1 morale to garrison during a siege (who cares?).

It remains almost impossible to level Leadership on a companion.
That's pretty sad. I think its poor design to have both perk choices affecting the same roles, like having a choice of 2 governor-only perks. It means that whole perk level is wasted on anybody not filling those roles. They should mix them up so that any hero can get a worthwhile perk at each perk level.

But then, if Disciplinarian is truly gone, then to hell with the whole Leadership tree. That was the only one I ever cared about.

I Just tried the new order UI and I feel like it's a step down from the original. I'm used to giving orders whilst I watch the battle unfold, the new order UI is a big circle that blocks the middle of the screen. It also appears to have less functionality now (I couldn't work out how to have troops face a specific direction). Could we please have the radial UI as a toggle setting in the game options?

Alas npc can't do that , so npc's children still bugged. Thank you for the info though.

The problem was in all leadership tree only 3-4 perks were worthy. Yes they nerfed some , but they added secondary effects and most of them for party leader or personal . And I think it's better now.
Well, that's up to your opinion on what is and isn't worthy. But having a good party-wage perk (usuable by everyone, in almost all circumstances) replaced by a perk that can only be used by AI -- but most AI will never reach -- is objectively bad.

can somebody spot a disciplinarian perk?

Removed. It was at Leadership 125, now it is gone. The bandits still have upgrade paths to noble units, so I'll see if I can get it done without a perk.

Well, that's up to your opinion on what is and isn't worthy. But having a good party-wage perk (usuable by everyone, in almost all circumstances) replaced by a perk that can only be used by AI -- but most AI will never reach -- is objectively bad.

Removed. It was at Leadership 125, now it is gone. The bandits still have upgrade paths to noble units, so I'll see if I can get it done without a perk.
Maybe garrisoning ready-to-level bandits still works.

Had an sneaky feeling the mp people would get some small love to now and then...lovely :grin:

I thought I read that they fixed it at some point. Or maybe it was player parties upgrading bandits that they fixed

It was companion parties without Disciplinarian perk. RIP giving those steppe raiders to your brother at the start of the game, lol.

On another note, anyone else not feeling the new order menu?

Yes , I'm not trying to convince you . Thought , I think it got better than before , but still i don't understand why remove disciplinary perk , it's poor design indeed.

MP perk rework seems unsatisfactory to say the least. Like heavy inf is op with thrown weapons (which it is not), so take those away (except for Khuzait) and give them bastard swords. Meanwhile ranged units get a perk selection to basically eliminate a curved flight path so a short-sighted baboon can probably headshot you across the map.
Some very basic convenience fixes are still missing (maps for clan matches getting the correct name instead of skirmish_map_007" etc, no officers in clans, no rejoin function after crashes. Atleast 1.5.4 brings same party colour so you can find your mates easier, except that light baby blue is a little too opaque to be easily readable.
Ultimately the gamemodes should have separate balancing approaches. What works for Captain does not automatically work for Skirmish et vice versa.

Anyone else getting reversed scroll-wheel commands for weapon-switching? I'm 99.99% sure that scroll wheel down swapped weapons for me before and now it is up.

Anyone else getting reversed scroll-wheel commands for weapon-switching? I'm 99.99% sure that scroll wheel down swapped weapons for me before and now it is up.
scroll down is shields scroll up weapons up as always...has been that way for me at least...going to check now if its reversed for me, if you had different before that is, Could be that you got your settings reset or something which happens during updates

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom