Multiplayer mods can't be made until 2024 unless we find an alternative

Users who are viewing this thread

Why TW does not understand that private servers are a money printer. Mods and big events attract new players. Youtubers make content, funny gift and viral videos, will have a big positive effect on sales. But TW dont like cash.

Why TW does not understand that private servers are a money printer. Mods and big events attract new players. Youtubers make content, funny gift and viral videos, will have a big positive effect on sales. But TW dont like cash.
Private servers are the lifeblood of Mount & Blade multiplayer. Server owners offer a service to the community which brings players together and allows them to enjoy the game in a way in which we as a company are simply unable to. Community events, tournaments, new game modes and custom maps are just some of the ways in which people benefit from the generosity, dedication and hard work of these valued community members, and without them, the multiplayer side of the game would be a lesser experience.

Well unless things change, i don't think they will, dedicated server files will be shared.

The problem with yours was that it was getting a publicity of being "a better mp" and there are many people working on server side. They are obviously upset that you kind of steal all the credit. I mean issues are mostly design issues, there are many other people. Devs, artists etc. that did their job well but all gone to kind of waste due to those community server people advertising their changes as "better mp".

Honestly, if I had the power, I would support those feedback but I also understand why people get upset because of the community server.
How dare you try to make the game you payed for better. should have publicized it as an ''Alternate mp'' to prevent hurting any feelings.
I had a lot of fun playing it, thanks for everything

Last edited:
Private servers are the lifeblood of Mount & Blade multiplayer. Server owners offer a service to the community which brings players together and allows them to enjoy the game in a way in which we as a company are simply unable to. Community events, tournaments, new game modes and custom maps are just some of the ways in which people benefit from the generosity, dedication and hard work of these valued community members, and without them, the multiplayer side of the game would be a lesser experience.
Is this a copypasta?

Is this a copypasta?
It's from the private server monetization thread.

Are we just hoping TW sends us another message that basically says "Yeah that's a good idea, it's in the works, but not now." Because we can get that message, just like every other section of the forum gets that message. We've discovered it'd be easy and beneficial for TW to create custom servers, and they have yet to do it. What's more to say? I'd love to know the WHY, but to be frank I don't think they've ever given us a reason WHY anything happens to this game. Why did development take 3x as long as warband and it's half-complete? Why can we no longer customize our troop's loadout in MP? Why are such simple fixes and implementations eluding their superior mp developer brains? They've always focused on the WHEN something is being fixed or developed and to be honest usually that's good enough. But for this particular situation it's more than appropriate to ask WHY given how easy and mutually beneficial it would be.

Are we just hoping TW sends us another message that basically says "Yeah that's a good idea, it's in the works, but not now." Because we can get that message, just like every other section of the forum gets that message. We've discovered it'd be easy and beneficial for TW to create custom servers, and they have yet to do it. What's more to say? I'd love to know the WHY, but to be frank I don't think they've ever given us a reason WHY anything happens to this game. Why did development take 3x as long as warband and it's half-complete? Why can we no longer customize our troop's loadout in MP? Why are such simple fixes and implementations eluding their superior mp developer brains? They've always focused on the WHEN something is being fixed or developed and to be honest usually that's good enough. But for this particular situation it's more than appropriate to ask WHY given how easy and mutually beneficial it would be.
The OP was mostly suggesting an alternative. In this case local servers could also work.

Or even better, a different masterserver, for modders, that allows server side modding even further, and even let devs try things out with players connected. It's honestly the best thing. We would've had that if it wasn't for TW shutting down the community masterserver

The betting stations are open folks following choices:

TW will respond with we are working on it

TW will enable lan servers (if that's even a thing they're planning LOL)

TW will say it's not their priority

TW will say they're sorry, it's not possible

Aside from that, there is a x10 bonus if you get this one right

Armagan will respond to the thread

The frustrating thing about this is that MisterOutOfTime made custom and private servers a possibility 8 months ago. It's not fair to pretend that the TW devs are incapable of doing exactly what he did, because I'm sure they are able to do it and could do it to as high a quality. The issue is entirely one of the game's direction and management, as well as the apparent jealously of some developers that disliked how people were seeing MisterOutOfTime's MP as a 'better version'.

This is the part that hurts me the most, while numerous YouTubers out there were showing off unfinished MP maps using various mods, we were only playing those that were previously shown by TW themselves, and ALWAYS asked for permissions beforehand even so, had a welcome message upon server joining that this is NOT TaleWorlds server, and any instability issues are us to blame and report to, not TW, even limited recordings of ppl who wanted to do so, we always checked the material first, that was the rule down at the Betalords discord server that many know about.

Almost forgot, we had Australian players playing MP for the first time in 9 months of their Beta time, but with a normal ping, with a player from their own region hosting MisterOutOfTime's server every now and then.

In the meantime we got shut down having no malicious thoughts whatsoever (and were proving that time and time again), while those same YouTubers showing off unfinished, buggy, and yet unseen maps without TW permission, to milk out any view they can for their own good, swiftly got their TW gift bags upon EA release for being "influencers" or whatever.

I remember considering making videos on the combat parameters being used in the testing we were doing using MisterOutOfTime's servers, but deciding not to because I didn't want to misrepresent the game or make it seem like I was trying to insult/degrade the developer's work publicly like that.

I mean, look at these rules we had on the discord:

d7e97d61a9fc07ee422f768b0e22283c.png

bcd0e58527b78b3ad091bf83d0d2e391.png

There was an active effort not to undermine TaleWorlds and we took the ability to have custom servers as a major privilege which we wanted to use to help improve the game. Personally, I cannot understand why the devs would not use those kind of voluntary resources to their fullest extent, rather than getting jealous of them and shutting them down. Piconi is quite right that while this kind of effort was being made on the part of everyone involved in the Betalords discord, youtubers and streamers were posting everything they could get their hands on for views and money whilst TW handed them gift bags and publicity - like the release stream - because they were content creators.

This was not a new thing from TW, I still remember when the early Alpha/Beta tests were underway and we were all under strict instructions not to upload any footage and not to share any of it with anyone, only for Gamescom to happen and for TW to hand out a bunch of keys telling everyone it was fine to stream and such without informing any of the earlier testers. I remember Rimmy instantly streaming, as soon as a friend at Gamescom gave him a code, and himself saying he had no idea if he was allowed to, but wanted to be the first stream and to be able to post the first Bannerlord content. All of the players in game were politely telling him he wasn't allowed to stream, while getting berated by his fans, while TW only a day later informed the testers that it was fine for anyone to post content. The disregard for the community giving their time voluntarily to help the game was present well over a year ago, and I remember not even being particularly surprised that some developers wanted to shut down MisterOutOfTime's work and the projects related to it.

there was a mod that you could host servers but its shutdowned by Taleworlds in beta

If they realese the dedicated server files i will tell you what will happen;
If you are a comp warband player you should know khergit was not played/banned in comp play and they used custom rules/admin tools etc. so the community was not playing a game feature Tw did.)
If they realese the server files to community, They will make his own mods to play the game they want.They will create mods to fix that ****ty combat , or think if they make customization mods like warband had?
and im pretty sure after modded Multiplalyer, most of the community will not be using native to play multiplayer (I mean hardcore players, maybe casuals too)
And we know that they are planing to add microtransactions to the bannerlord
So ask yourself now, If they realese the server files to the community before native multiplayer is good (ranked mode, better game modes, Customization, Balanced Classes, Progression system etc etc..)
Could they sell Butterlord2020Case for 9.99$ to players? when they start to selling skins?
They are not implementing nessesary thinks like duel mode, battle mode nor giving dedicated server files to the community, fixing kicks, block delay but they are using their time to implement microtransactions to the game first.
If they let the community to play Multiplayer with dedicated servers.
Players that play the bannerlord hardcore, will not pay that ****.Because they are gonna lose that playerbase to the Community mods.

Taleworlds said nothing why they removed the ability of a mod to host servers and modified combat parameters was using community launcher to test it.They removed the abilty for a mod to host servers in game.Ask yourself why,Why they did that?Whats their fear of Dedicated servers?
They could just send the files to let community open dedicated servers, normally they dont need to fear, even modders already made admin tools for multiplayer before them https://bannerlord.mod.io/communityadmintools

Ask yourself these questions first.You will find the answers why taleworlds is not giving files for dedicated servers now.

Neue-Bitmap-9.png
Neue-Bitmap-9.png

that screenshoot was from before beta 0.9

This thread was an eye opener, especially @Piconi post about the utter respect you guys showed Taleworlds during your private testing.

Pretty much confirms that this isn't the same Taleworlds that made all the other M&Bs, this is an entirely new beast at this point.

This thread was an eye opener, especially @Piconi post about the utter respect you guys showed Taleworlds during your private testing.

Pretty much confirms that this isn't the same Taleworlds that made all the other M&Bs, this is an entirely new beast at this point.
Yeah, I feel the same way, I'm not going to even try MP changes now until the custom servers come, if these devs don't want to support the community then I don't know why we should support them back, if they really wanted the "better mp" they should have earned it, even though, props to the artists I guess, I don't know how custom servers affected them though, besides, what they want in this thread is more than acceptable, I mean, they just want to work in their ideas, something I have absolutely NO idea on why would it be neglected from them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom