2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Trump posted a tweet so fake that Tucker Carlson of Fox News had to correct it. The moron, Carlson had put a story on Fox News that a dead man, James Blalock had voted in Georgia. Newspaper reporters went to the address and found his widow. He didn't vote, I did said Mrs. James Blalock. Carlson had already apologized and posted a retraction when Trump retweeted his story like it was news.

I mean after a certain point it's like, we get it, Trump is a bad man who does naughty things, why obsess about every little thing he does almost daily? None of this is new or unexpected behaviour.

I mean after a certain point it's like, we get it, Trump is a bad man who does naughty things, why obsess about every little thing he does almost daily? None of this is new or unexpected behaviour.
You exaggerate about my obsession and the time i've spent with his lunacy. But I am a little bitter cause there will be no Thanksgiving and likely no Christmas for my family since two members have tested positive for COVID.

You exaggerate about my obsession and the time i've spent with his lunacy. But I am a little bitter cause there will be no Thanksgiving and likely no Christmas for my family since two members have tested positive for COVID.

That's unfortunate, but Trump is the symptom and not the cause. He didn't create QAnon or tell people that 5G networks spread the virus, he merely happens to be a figurehead for the roiling masses of idiots which compose a large enough portion of your country. What you're looking at is not the unique efforts of a would-be tyrant, but rather the culmination of decades of anti-intellectualism, an incestuously complicit postmodern trend in academia and secularism to an extent.

That's unfortunate, but Trump is the symptom and not the cause. He didn't create QAnon or tell people that 5G networks spread the virus, he merely happens to be a figurehead for the roiling masses of idiots which compose a large enough portion of your country. What you're looking at is not the unique efforts of a would-be tyrant, but rather the culmination of decades of anti-intellectualism, an incestuously complicit postmodern trend in academia and secularism to an extent.
You left out the rampant racism that a figure like Trump grows fat on and cultivates.

Well one shouldn't normalise idiocracy. Just because it's expected to happen doesn't mean it's any better.

^this. And this loss of sensitivity to the US President doing the most insane things is exactly what is letting Trump get away with so much. Y'all remember Bill Clinton? If that had happened with Trump he would just keep saying that it's not true ad nauseam and gas light everybody until eventually people would be like "eh it's Trump what can you do" and give up.

It honestly kind of makes me wonder if we shouldn't just all start acting like that just to see what happens.

Clinton lied through his teeth until they said they had his DNA from a jizz stain on her dress. He was then acquitted by a mostly partisan vote of the perjury he clearly committed.

Clinton lied through his teeth until they said they had his DNA from a jizz stain on her dress. He was then acquitted by a mostly partisan vote of the perjury he clearly committed.
That dress was on display somewhere, I forget where, for years afterward.:lol: It should also be noted that during Clinton's impeachment trial, Republican Speaker of the House, Bob Livingston resigned when his own sexual dalliances came to light. Followed by the the sexual indiscretions of Republicans, Dan Burton, Henry Hyde and Helen Chenoweth, all of whom were caught by their infidelities. They all voted for conviction of perjury and in favor of impeachment. Whether right or wrong, Democrats called them out for their hypocrisy and voted to acquit the president.

Last edited:
The impeachement charge was perjury, not extramarital sex. Livingston resigned for just the extramarital sex, while Clinton just shrugged off not just the sex, but the perjury too.

I get that you're a card-carrying member :razz: but there is no way you can spin the Lewinsky scandal as Democrats' moral victory or high ground. Yes, powerful men like to have sex with young women. I am shocked and shaken to the core at this stunning revelation. But Clinton committed a felony by lying under oath.

The impeachement charge was perjury, not extramarital sex. Livingston resigned for just the extramarital sex, while Clinton just shrugged off not just the sex, but the perjury too.

I get that you're a card-carrying member :razz: but there is no way you can spin the Lewinsky scandal as Democrats' moral victory or high ground. Yes, powerful men like to have sex with young women. I am shocked and shaken to the core at this stunning revelation. But Clinton committed a felony by lying under oath.
Same as three Republicans who voted to convict him, which I said , "whether right or wrong." I get that you are inclined to ignore salient points of the discussion but hold your Fascist instincts in check. Clinton also called Livingston and asked him not to resign. Also Chenoweth, you might notice was a woman, who tried to excuse her behavior by saying she had asked God to forgive her, and he had., but no forgiveness for Clinton.
Hyde, when caught, referred to his infidelity as :youthful indiscretion" although he was 41 at the time and only stopped the affair when the woman's husband threatened to punch his face. Burton's indiscretion even produced a child. before the FBI found he was taking funds from Islamist militants in Pakistan.
I claim no moral high ground here because there is none.

Last edited:
You said Democrats 'called them out for their hypocrisy', which sounds like you are making a case that they were taking a moral stance in acquitting the president. In any case, it wasn't really hypocrisy because as Kurczak noted, he was in deep trouble for lying, not for the adultery and having a sexual relationship with an employee. Besides, were the Democrats in support of Clinton being convicted until they were horrified by this supposed hypocrisy? I doubt it. More likely they were relieved at this dirty laundry being aired to get their man off the hook.

What I was going for with the Bill Clinton bit is that at the end he caved and admitted that he had lied. Trump would not have done that, and he would have used everything in his power to label anyone who said otherwise as "fake news". That, and the fact that what was a big scandal at the time seems laughable compared to what we are facing today.

I get that you are inclined to ignore salient points of the discussion but hold your Fascist instincts in check.
I liked it better when we could banter without going too far. Let me pull a little cringe in my "defense".

AS SOMEONE WHO LITERALLY LIVED FOR ALMOST 18 YEARS IN AN UNIRONIC DICTATORSHIP WHERE THEY LITERALLY SHOT YOU TO DEATH IF YOU TRIED TO CROSS THEIR BARBED WIRE FENCES AND THE SECRET POLICE HARASSED AND ARRESTIED MY FAMILY MEMBERS FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN WRONGTHINK

I'm a little worried about the "with us or against us" mentality that seems to take root in the West these days. I used to admire you people for being able to agree to disagree and just get on with it. Seems like instead of us raising to your level, you are stooping down to ours. It's ridiculous. I don't even like Trump, but just because I refuse to have a full blown Trump Deragnement Syndrome and dismiss a half of America as racist, fascist, kaykaykay deplorables, I'm now a fascist or something to that effect.
What I was going for with the Bill Clinton bit is that at the end he caved and admitted that he had lied. Trump would not have done that, and he would have used everything in his power to label anyone who said otherwise as "fake news". That, and the fact that what was a big scandal at the time seems laughable compared to what we are facing today.
Yea and my point was that Clinton committed a blatant and obvious felony and got away with it, so the comparison doesn't work so great imo.

Back
Top Bottom