Multiplayer mods can't be made until 2024 unless we find an alternative

Users who are viewing this thread

Is this quote a joke I'm not getting or a person that is not associated at all with the devs making guesses? Because if we don't have Custom servers because some dev is getting their ego hurt it would be really, really ridiculous, please someone tell me this is wrong I'm not willing to believe this is real lol.
its a quote, n im sure theres not actually many Taleworlds Developers actually being butthurt about it(a lot of developers/communinty members liked what we did) ( Also I had allowances to make the mp servers from multiple people including callum and we tried our best to protect taleworlds interests(like not showing sieges before they been stress tested, not using any unreleased maps etc etc) , but the game writer/ceo definitely had something against it

Bruh, this is just very funny man, I can't believe such a childish attitude specially from a dev. If anything, those changes should be taken into consideration instead of being instantly shut down. We payed 60$ just to see dudes having identity crisis. Now that I think of we don't even have SA servers for these reasons l m a o

we tried our best to protect taleworlds interests
This is the part that hurts me the most, while numerous YouTubers out there were showing off unfinished MP maps using various mods, we were only playing those that were previously shown by TW themselves, and ALWAYS asked for permissions beforehand even so, had a welcome message upon server joining that this is NOT TaleWorlds server, and any instability issues are us to blame and report to, not TW, even limited recordings of ppl who wanted to do so, we always checked the material first, that was the rule down at the Betalords discord server that many know about.

We were reporting eventual map issues to sceners by testing with 90+ players, so the maps could be as polished as they can on EA release.
Silen's work on combat parameters started there and got implemented in the game fairly recently.
Now that I think of we don't even have SA servers for these reasons l m a o
Almost forgot, we had Australian players playing MP for the first time in 9 months of their Beta time, but with a normal ping, with a player from their own region hosting MisterOutOfTime's server every now and then.

In the meantime we got shut down having no malicious thoughts whatsoever (and were proving that time and time again), while those same YouTubers showing off unfinished, buggy, and yet unseen maps without TW permission, to milk out any view they can for their own good, swiftly got their TW gift bags upon EA release for being "influencers" or whatever.

A small multiplayer roadmap would be nice to have, just to see TWs priorities for the near future. But there isn't even a roadmap for the whole game, is there?

If we now start to write our mod as a standalone game using an existing engine, we might make it in time... :shifty:

While I wasn't directly involved in this at the time, this lines up with what I heard from other people at the time who were involved with testing the combat variables on Time's server. It really was shut down because the devs didn't like the idea of a player doing their work for them.
The embarrassments and incorrect decisions never seem to stop mounting for TW's.

Almost forgot, we had Australian players playing MP for the first time in 9 months of their Beta time, but with a normal ping, with a player from their own region hosting MisterOutOfTime's server every now and then.
Bro this is for real? This is totally new info for me, so TW won't host an SA server but at the same time they won't let us host one ourselves? This went beyond ridiculous. And it's specially ****ty what they did to you guys.

If only you knew how deep this rabbithole goes.
The Bannerlord experience ™
giphy.gif

So is this going to remain as TW's official stance on why they won't be releasing custom servers?

Well unless things change, i don't think they will, dedicated server files will be shared.

The problem with yours was that it was getting a publicity of being "a better mp" and there are many people working on server side. They are obviously upset that you kind of steal all the credit. I mean issues are mostly design issues, there are many other people. Devs, artists etc. that did their job well but all gone to kind of waste due to those community server people advertising their changes as "better mp".

Honestly, if I had the power, I would support those feedback but I also understand why people get upset because of the community server.

Well unless things change, i don't think they will, dedicated server files will be shared.

The problem with yours was that it was getting a publicity of being "a better mp" and there are many people working on server side. They are obviously upset that you kind of steal all the credit. I mean issues are mostly design issues, there are many other people. Devs, artists etc. that did their job well but all gone to kind of waste due to those community server people advertising their changes as "better mp".

Honestly, if I had the power, I would support those feedback but I also understand why people get upset because of the community server.
... Holy ****

I can see the angle of wanting to restrict custom servers (at least public ones) for EA.. but if this is actually their reasoning, holy ****.

TW if you're reading this, stop being evil dinguses. Whoever that quote is coming from should be fired hard... Not for their tone, but for their decisions. This decision hurts your game and all its players. It's not like TW is against mods being made... If you're mad that players are making "better mp" then maybe you should try making MP better? Instead of just ****ting on the biggest community contributors? You can literally just use all the good community ideas for free, everybody wins.

Seems like again and again someone in TW is looking at MP failing, the community complaints, and going "Well, I know they are wrong, I wonder what the problem is..."

... Holy ****

I can see the angle of wanting to restrict custom servers (at least public ones) for EA.. but if this is actually their reasoning, holy ****.

TW if you're reading this, stop being evil dinguses. Whoever that quote is coming from should be fired hard

the person who formulated it clearly supported the initiative of us hosting private servers.
" Honestly, if I had the power, I would support those feedback but I also understand why people get upset because of the community server. "
they did nothing wrong, and are not in power to make such decisions.

pls do not attack innocent people

I need to know more lol

rwqiqo34h6z21.png

>Cavalry smashed through infantry like butter on release, even densely packed pike blocks and shieldwalls (this is still the case). This was intentional.
>The Fiann was broken overpowered in the beta, it was a fast archer with the heaviest armour in the game. In skirmish, 6 fiann were practically unbeatable except with khergit glaive cavalry, which were also broken. This was because the developers liked playing an overpowered class so they kept buffing it so they would have more fun.
>Employee Reviews. Most of them are truly fascinating.

Last edited:
the person who formulated it clearly supported the initiative of us hosting private servers.

they did nothing wrong, and are not in power to make such decisions.

pls do not attack innocent people
I am not talking about the person with whom you corresponded; but the originator of the idea (quotes within quotes) that custom servers made by community should be taken down because it is being referred to as a "better mp". That's a backwards notion to take as a business, it harms the community directly and just seems spiteful instead of practical. Like I said, I could understand having other reasons to want to keep only official servers for now (was the same in early Warband beta as I recall) - but that reasoning is a joke. That person should not be in the position to make these calls if they base them on such petty reasoning... Not a personal attack, it's just objectively a bad move for their company and their players.

I admit I am also a butthurt M&B fanboy

I'm sorry, Ruthven, but italicizing words for emphasis is cringe. Please don't do this again—there will be consequences. Those will be harsh, I can assure you.

Last edited:
So does any developer want to weigh in here at all, or is TW just going to keep not acknowledging this? Just a simple "we are sticking to our guns" or "we will discuss this internally" would suffice. Of course, an actual conversation would be better, but since this has been ignored for 3 days now...

Back
Top Bottom