Rank 1 Gamer Thoughts on Bannerlord PvP

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a winning team can have 2 heavy lives (1 more than the losing team) or 3 lives, 1 heavy 2 light, correct?

Don't see how you think any of this runs counter to my point.

Concerned you're seething right now.
If you want to fight as the ****tiest class twice, be my guest.
380 is the max gold, if you spawn heavy then you have 220 left which is quite limiting if you need to spawn twice from this. Cav is also 200 so that leaves you with 180 left.

Have you played somewhat 'competitively'? Because it seems like you always lose 3-0 and are just **** at the game, 3-2 games are very possible.

Well no, you can have two heavy spawn if you loose as well for most cases
...by saving gold from the previous round, which means you either spawn in twice as a light class or only once as either. That's not the case most of the time, so realistically you're looking at losing 2 rounds before you can spawn in as a heavy class twice in one round after losing.

Well no, you can have two heavy spawn if you loose as well for most cases

Only if you carry across gold from saving some or surviving a round, right? Not always guaranteed (and has cost you in the previous round).

If you want to fight as the ****tiest class twice, be my guest.
380 is the max gold, if you spawn heavy then you have 220 left which is quite limiting if you need to spawn twice from this. Cav is also 200 so that leaves you with 180 left.

Have you played somewhat 'competitively'? Because it seems like you always lose 3-0 and are just **** at the game, 3-2 games are very possible.

So you agree you can get more heavy lives or even more light lives, thanks.

Yes, in both games. You can get 3-2 in Warband too, guess that means it's perfectly balanced?

What a salty little scene bahaha

...by saving gold from the previous round, which means you either spawn in twice as a light class or only once as either. That's not the case most of the time, so realistically you're looking at losing 2 rounds before you can spawn in as a heavy class twice in one round after losing.

Isn't it usually: First spawn heavy for 160 and 2nd for 120? Which is 280. Next round you start with 320 which is 2x heavy inf.
It's the third round where you only spawn with 300 where you are really behind.
Of course if you only look at inf.

meh. warband and bannerlord don't differ much when it comes to snowballing IMO.
overall balance is better on warband since there aren't any objectively broken mechanics (like, ya know, all twohanders having crushthrough or every single infantry class bar 2 having throwing stuff for free) in there - yes awlpike cav, but that's not something every single person can achieve in every single match/round, and some would even argue its not that gamebreaking.

meh. warband and bannerlord don't differ much when it comes to snowballing IMO.
overall balance is better on warband since there aren't any objectively broken mechanics (like, ya know, all twohanders having crushthrough or every single infantry class bar 2 having throwing stuff for free) in there - yes awlpike cav, but that's not something every single person can achieve in every single match/round, and some would even argue its not that gamebreaking.

Yes but please take a look at the Warband beta forum. You can find it here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/warband-beta.138/ and see how many problems that game had before it became the great game it is today. Ofcourse the balance is better in Warband, I mean what would you expect?

Bannerlord is still in a Early access period. I have no idea why you think that a game that came out in EA 7 months ago is comparable with a game that is 10 years old. What "we're" doing now basically is collecting data and trying to balance and fix all these issues. There is not one single multiplayer game that was released in beta "early access" that was balanced. Especially when you add new stuff during the development. New stuff will come with balance issues.

Who care about balance in skirmish, just let me have fun ffs.

The fact the class system was made for balance and not fun just explains why people still playing warband

Yes but please take a look at the Warband beta forum. You can find it here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/warband-beta.138/ and see how many problems that game had before it became the great game it is today. Ofcourse the balance is better in Warband, I mean what would you expect?
Bannerlord is still in a Early access period. I have no idea why you think that a game that came out in EA 7 months ago is comparable with a game that is 10 years old. What "we're" doing now basically is collecting data and trying to balance and fix all these issues. There is not one single multiplayer game that was released in beta "early access" that was balanced. Especially when you add new stuff during the development. New stuff will come with balance issues.
That game was also developed by only what, 10ish people?
Looking at the forum you linked, that beta went for about a year. Bannerlords alpha/beta phase started last year around june/july.

Don't pretend like Warband has had support and changes from TWs side for 10 years - it has not. The last major patch changing the things for the average MP player was, as far as I remember, 1.158 which came out in 2013...after that, 1.171 added the Invasion mode in 2017 or so, but didn't change any of the classes or the games mechanics. The changes made for competitive in the years since have all been made by the community, but even without those Warbands balance is still better than Bannerlords.

So what we're looking at is maybe 3-4 years of patches for Warband(also don't forget that work on Bannerlord had already started in 2012) for Warband, compared to Bannerlords years of development including one year in beta/early access with very direct playerfeedback that TW has chosen to largely ignore.

----
Even with limited ressources/manpower I find having such glaring issues (as this current patch has them) in the game for 3 months+ unacceptable and inexcusable. Had this been the case in Warband, we could've at least fixed them ourselves.

That game was also developed by only what, 10ish people?
Looking at the forum you linked, that beta went for about a year. Bannerlords alpha/beta phase started last year around june/july.

Don't pretend like Warband has had support and changes from TWs side for 10 years - it has not. The last major patch changing the things for the average MP player was, as far as I remember, 1.158 which came out in 2013...after that, 1.171 added the Invasion mode in 2017 or so, but didn't change any of the classes or the games mechanics. The changes made for competitive in the years since have all been made by the community, but even without those Warbands balance is still better than Bannerlords.

So what we're looking at is maybe 3-4 years of patches for Warband(also don't forget that work on Bannerlord had already started in 2012) for Warband, compared to Bannerlords years of development including one year in beta/early access with very direct playerfeedback that TW has chosen to largely ignore.

----
Even with limited ressources/manpower I find having such glaring issues (as this current patch has them) in the game for 3 months+ unacceptable and inexcusable. Had this been the case in Warband, we could've at least fixed them ourselves.

Never said that Warband have been patched for 10 years obviously. But there was like 3 years of patches to get that sweet spot.

Most problems has arouse since they started to listen to some fans in one group. Changes to two handers and the archer/javelin changes was because of feedback and now they are trying to fix it. All of this is expected for an Early Access title. There will be alot of back and forth.

Not gonna get into a discussion about Bannerlors development time again :grin:

Never said that Warband have been patched for 10 years obviously. But there was like 3 years of patches to get that sweet spot.

Most problems has arouse since they started to listen to some fans in one group. Changes to two handers and the archer/javelin changes was because of feedback and now they are trying to fix it. All of this is expected for an Early Access title. There will be alot of back and forth.

Not gonna get into a discussion about Bannerlors development time again :grin:
Not going to get into discussion about the elephant in the room*

Never said that Warband have been patched for 10 years obviously.
I hope you do see how this
[...] I have no idea why you think that a game that came out in EA 7 months ago is comparable with a game that is 10 years old. [...]
is heavily implying you do.
And as I said, I wasn't around back then, but I don't think we're talking full 3 years here, can hardly imagine that. Maybe some of the older folks can shed some light on how long patches kept coming in that actually changed something for competitive play. Finding old patchnotes sadly wasn't as easy as I hoped.

Yeah i have nothing to do :'(

What will get us somewhere is TW trying to make the game fun ????

Yeah, however they're gonna succeed with that is the question!

I hope you do see how this

is heavily implying you do.
And as I said, I wasn't around back then, but I don't think we're talking full 3 years here, can hardly imagine that. Maybe some of the older folks can shed some light on how long patches kept coming in that actually changed something for competitive play. Finding old patchnotes sadly wasn't as easy as I hoped.

A game that have been active for 10 years is obviously balanced, that's what I am saying.

EDIT: I understand your point tho.

Well, they haven't done much back then. Probably even less then they have done for Bannerlord so far. A lot if not all improvements were done by the community, the devs however expanded mod support over the years. At some point a balance patch came and captain lust personally removed the Scimitar from the Vaegir Archer as I heard. I found that quite hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom