Rank 1 Gamer Thoughts on Bannerlord PvP

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never disagreed about that. I however see the reasoning the devs might have contrary to most of the others who just can't understand it or go straight to insults.

I'm by no means a ****ing fanboy either, I just try to make the best out of the situation given at hand by participating in the multiplayer and tried to improve what we have with community work/tournaments etc.
Agreed, the problem to me is that they are risking developing a system that in the near future might just simply be replaced in custom servers if communities such as Trollgame do the jump to bannerlord

and I still don't see [the class system] as the best option across all gamemodes, but development is not yet done.
To quote our Lord and Savior:
I refer to it as a single life game mode because it won't be identical to Warband's battle mode. For a start, we have the class system in Bannerlord, which will, of course, be featured in this new game mode.

Because, as you may recall: the topic of whether the class system is a good idea has had 26 pages filled with reasons why it was a bad option, without a dev reply, only for us to get:
The premade classes are here to stay, for now at least (not suggesting they will ever change but never say never, right?). Right now, perks and equipment are being reworked, and we should hopefully be seeing some of those changes soon. We have plans to expand the visual customisation options for players at some point in the distant future.
You can refer to the OP for some of the reasons we put forward previously. In addition to this, we are pretty set on the idea of players making significant and meaningful choices during the game (i.e. selecting which class to play) rather than focusing on min-maxing choices.

Question is. Is it the community blowing it up as it being an ignoring part since they dont get served when and what they want, when they want it ?
I get that people are disappointed and all and are frustrated.... but sometimes is it really that justified ? I mean im not the one to talk MP in Bannerlord since i havent tried it yet but by looking at the cool vids provided it looked fun and exiting (combat wise) for its basic state that its in... And i get the SA servers and that to but then ....back to point one...
I don't think so, I think it's just a feature everyone knows will make the MP infinitely better. If it was a minute feature that people were fussing over it would just be over the top, but it's a literal staple of M&B's MP.

Ultimately it gave every player the ability to express how they wanted to play, you just don't have that anymore, everyone is the same.

When I first got into the alpha and saw the perk system my first reaction was "I do not like this. I do not likes this at all" and other and myself made suggestions to either improve on the perk system, add in additional customisation and comfort features or entirely different models, as is the norm. With time, now basically playing the game for almost a year and a half (including alpha/beta time) I see the point of the perk system, but also its limits and why it is not satisfactory for a lot of players. For Skirmish it makes perfect sense, if you were to have preselect perks in the in game armory that would be a lot more comfortable whereas the lack of customisation argument still stands.
There are still ways to do it, fairly easily even within the perk system, and I still don't see it as the best option across all gamemodes, but development is not yet done. I won't go into all the possible suggestions that have already been made, most of you already read them at some point anyways.
I mean there are two types.
I for once accepted the class system. Not saying I would not prefer the old system, but I accepted it for what it is right now and that it's not going to be reverted. For Skirmish it works way better than the old system does. If enough effort would've been put into Skirmish and this system, it could become really good.

Then you have the people who are not touching the game because of that and constantly clamoring here on the forum.
I'm not saying they don't have a point, but that's just not how it works. In case Bannerlord becomes more popular and the community grows, these guys can shout all they want, it's not going to change anything.
The devs are adamant on keeping it, so if this is the case, I can just hope, they'll put work into it some time soon.
These dudes explained it all, new posts after these won't really prove these wrong or mean anything.
If TW decided to implement the same system from Warband even with changes I'm sure the community would be like "Hurr durr this is warband 2.0 why would you even play this lmao trash go back to Warband."
There is no way you can please those people really, they will find something to whine about.

These dudes explained it all, new posts after these won't really prove these wrong or mean anything.
If TW decided to implement the same system from Warband even with changes I'm sure the community would be like "Hurr durr this is warband 2.0 why would you even play this lmao trash go back to Warband."
There is no way you can please those people really, they will find something to whine about.
You completely missed the point of the two posts mentioned

I want to add that for meta competitive gameplay in WB most of the customization options didn't matter that much, you had more or less meta guidelines about how to assemble your equipment and changes to these were just made if you were to obtain more money, to speak clearly: win the round. I think every Captain is right in going mental if ppl decide to "customize" the **** out of their equipment by making anti-meta choices in WB. It's fun how people playing in competitive teams are going on about that **** here on the forums, in Warband they will most probably comply without a word or get benched.

If skirmish is going to be the competitive game mode (bwahaha, the battle crowd will instantly come and shout me down...) streamlining this system early on just makes sense because you can always add more later.

Bannerlord does not snowball as hard as Warband imo if one round is lost since the economy is not as highly dependent on winning/losing a round and a comeback due to the class system is perfectly possible if you and the team manages money well. It's becoming harder if you lose rounds, I'm not going to deny that.

I don't think so, I think it's just a feature everyone knows will make the MP infinitely better. If it was a minute feature that people were fussing over it would just be over the top, but it's a literal staple of M&B's MP.

Ultimately it gave every player the ability to express how they wanted to play, you just don't have that anymore, everyone is the same.
Yeah its fair enough as i understood that seeing the discussions...Thing is i also saw that MP came in to later priorities as well as SP diplomacy and such. Still people go on like it was there as an finished product and was bad. However its healthy to make points and lift it forwards to make it good and share the concerns if they see it steering in to an bad place (had and have my frustrating moments myself there xD). If the devs wont listen then its on them but do we really know what the devs will be working on or is it just an judgement on the current state ? Perk system i personally didnt like myself but its pretty alright now though even if its borderline mixed (sorry talking SP now) but it wasnt that bad as i thought after some time since you could still RP alot with it...Just saying why kick on something that isnt there...yet... is what im wondering because i see this all the time..:However sometimes TW can be a bit in the dark at times to but i rather have em work then sitting and answering everything for what its worth :wink: Its not like we where the ones building Warband in the first place even if we did do help alot forming it and a lot of wonderful mods to... Seing them being true to the combat feeling in Bannerlord from Warband if not even better....made me pretty settled to be an good sequel. Most games usually speeds things up to an arcade stylish fast pased type of game in sequals...However it remains to see how they handle the rest along with demanding balancing

Last edited:
I want to add that for meta competitive gameplay in WB most of the customization options didn't matter that much, you had more or less meta guidelines about how to assemble your equipment and changes to these were just made if you were to obtain more money, to speak clearly: win the round. If skirmish is going to be the competitive game mode (bwahaha, the battle crowd will instantly come and shout me down...) streamlining this system early on just makes sense because you can always add more later.

Bannerlord does not snowball as hard as Warband imo if one round is lost since the economy is not as highly dependent on winning/losing a round and a comeback due to the class system is perfectly possible if you and the team manages money well. It's becoming harder if you lose rounds, I'm not going to deny that.

Yes customization didn't matter for warband in competitive scene, that's the thing some people are not getting, when people call for class customization they are usually calling it from a casual side, i get you like the class system more since you are a competitive player, but for casual play it just isn't what you want.

That's the whole point hoonii missed, there is a clear difference between having the class system in skirmish or in team deathmatch

Yes customization didn't matter for warband in competitive scene, that's the thing some people are not getting, when people call for class customization they are usually calling it from a casual side, i get you like the class system more since you are a competitive player, but for casual play it just isn't what you want.

That's the whole point hoonii missed, there is a clear difference between having the class system in skirmish or in team deathmatch
And you missed one point of mine: competitve players complainted on this forum about the lack of customization, but would imo most probably defend this entire thing again in Warband.

Agreed, the problem to me is that they are risking developing a system that in the near future might just simply be replaced in custom servers if communities such as Trollgame do the jump to bannerlord
Works perfectly fine in Counter Strike franchise, so be it then.

I want to add that for meta competitive gameplay in WB most of the customization options didn't matter that much, you had more or less meta guidelines about how to assemble your equipment and changes to these were just made if you were to obtain more money, to speak clearly: win the round. I think every Captain is right in going mental if ppl decide to "customize" the **** out of their equipment by making anti-meta choices in WB. It's fun how people playing in competitive teams are going on about that **** here on the forums, in Warband they will most probably comply without a word or get benched.

If skirmish is going to be the competitive game mode (bwahaha, the battle crowd will instantly come and shout me down...) streamlining this system early on just makes sense because you can always add more later.

The best of both worlds would be TW's keeping the preset classes for their competitive game modes and then have the class customisation as an option in custom servers. I don't really see a downside to this.

And you missed one point of mine: competitve players complainted on this forum about the lack of customization, but would imo most probably defend this entire thing again in Warband.

Works perfectly fine in counter strike, so be it then.

I believe they defend the customization because they know TW won't budge on two class systems, and they would prefer warband's system if it came down to it. This issue isn't a community problem, it's a taleworlds problem.

Also, i do think people prefer customization. It's not a secret that most PvP modes in warband focused/relied heavily on customization (cRPG, Mercs)

I pointed this out in one of the class system whining threads already and still am backing up my opinion;
Class system for captain and skirmish, customization(warband-like) for TDM and siege. I said this like three times now :grin:.
I agree class system for tdm and siege is bad because it limits the fun and tdm and siege are fun modes, but class system for skirmish and captain modes are very good decisions from TW, just needs a little bit more customization, like a 3rd perk or something or more weapon choices.

I pointed this out in one of the class system whining threads already and still am backing up my opinion;
Class system for captain and skirmish, customization(warband-like) for TDM and siege. I said this like three times now :grin:.
I agree class system for tdm and siege is bad because it limits the fun and tdm and siege are fun modes, but class system for skirmish and captain modes are very good decisions from TW, just needs a little bit more customization, like a 3rd perk or something or more weapon choices.
Perks for skirmish and captain has been something people have agreed on for ages now.

People are not asking to remove one system for the other, they can live side by side.

they are very good decisions by TW thats why the game is dead already lmao

Competitive players complain about the class system, because, like Younes said, it forces competitive options on everyone. In other words:

Class system: works for competitive,
Equipment system: works for competitive and casual.

It doesn't take a casual player to see that that is a problem.

This isn't really true, while there was a basic guideline as to what most players would use, this could and often would be freely altered depending on build and map e.g. first round heavy armour Swadians, cav preferring coursers to hunters, some players preferring swords to axes, and so on, not to mention the various drops that were dependent on the overall team setup. Whilst some of this can be replicated in the form of perks or separate classes, the simplicity and versatility of the Warband system is what competitive people miss.

And on top of that, there is the larger group of casual players who preferred the even greater customisation, so they are not in opposition.

I think you also miss that while the general meta builds and drops have been agreed, this was developed over years of experimentation, and that this is its own form of engagement that people enjoy.

Don't understand this at all considering snowballing in Bannerlord leads to extra lives whilst in Warband it leads to extra armour or damage. No matter how tanky you get in Warband, you're always one or two good hits away from death, so while you're behind, you can get back by trading a couple of kills. In Bannerlord, if you're behind, in some cases you need a 2.0 or even greater K/D overall to come back in a round. I'd much rather be equal numbers but a bit of gold behind than have a 1 or 2 man deficit.

Don't understand this at all considering snowballing in Bannerlord leads to extra lives whilst in Warband it leads to extra armour or damage. No matter how tanky you get in Warband, you're always one or two good hits away from death, so while you're behind, you can get back by trading a couple of kills. In Bannerlord, if you're behind, in some cases you need a 2.0 or even greater K/D overall to come back in a round. I'd much rather be equal numbers but a bit of gold behind than have a 1 or 2 man deficit.
That's just not true. You have maximum of two heavy lives. 380 max gold and a heavy spawn is 160. You can do the math.

You would know about this if you'd actually have a look what has been changed with the last update instead of just throwing out random garbage you think is true.

@OurGloriousLeader

The Snowballing in Warband is way worse
Don't think so.
Then you're dumb, ignorant or both.

Last edited:
So a winning team can have 2 heavy lives (1 more than the losing team) or 3 lives, 1 heavy 2 light, correct?

Don't see how you think any of this runs counter to my point.

Concerned you're seething right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom