Rank 1 Gamer Thoughts on Bannerlord PvP

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just trolling you mate :grin:
Ik but hes doing it on the cost of others which i find disturbing. If he stuck to his feminist view of things i would be fine but talking about people getting raped and such just for fun in an domestic matter isnt

Ik but hes doing it on the cost of others which i find disturbing. If he stuck to his feminist view of things i would be fine but talking about people getting raped and such just for fun in an domestic matter isnt

Well I agree but deep forum discussions dont follow the same rules as society. Just make sure to never feed the trolls :grin:

HOLY CRAP, A PRO PLAYER THAT DIDNT EVEN PLAYED WARBAND CAME ASKING FOR WARBAND, FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN
+10 TO THIS OP

HOLY CRAP, A PRO PLAYER THAT DIDNT EVEN PLAYED WARBAND CAME ASKING FOR WARBAND, FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN
+10 TO THIS OP
elaborate please ? or did i miss something in his text ? Think you miss read it sir

talking about people getting raped and such just for fun in an domestic matter isnt
Holy false equivalence, Batman!

elaborate please ? or did i miss something in his text ? Think you miss read it sir
OP's suggested improvements essentially boil down to making Bannerlord more like Warband. Class customization, weapon selection, and then some unique additions. Pretty much everyone else on the first few pages also sees it as such, so they didn't exactly "miss read it".

OP's suggested improvements essentially boil down to making Bannerlord more like Warband. Class customization, weapon selection, and then some unique additions. Pretty much everyone else on the first few pages also sees it as such, so they didn't exactly "miss read it".
Thought he was talking about his perspective when he got Bannerlord from his friend and saw how MP was playing out and what he thought it could be better ? Or did i miss read his whole post ?

Obviously not LITERALLY Warband's system, but just like Maroon said, Warband had a lot of that customization availability that's currently missing in Bannerlord. I havent read this whole thread's discussion as I just know some of you are going to start a TW good vs TW bad war as always but I hope devs payed attention to this, not trying to suck OP's **** but he clearly knows what he's talking about

Obviously not LITERALLY Warband's system, but just like Maroon said, Warband had a lot of that customization availability that's currently missing in Bannerlord. I havent read this whole thread's discussion as I just know some of you are going to start a TW good vs TW bad war as always but I hope devs payed attention to this, not trying to suck OP's **** but he clearly knows what he's talking about
So you miss lead the OPs thread with your narratives and feelings, got it and i understand now....you think Warband is God by all right and its alright :smile: No we actually had an really good thread here with cool vids, some heated discussions about cavs etc before an troll showed up and talked nonsense about feminism and stuff. Guess he felt threatened or something about fun and enjoyment xD

Last edited:
So you miss lead the OP with your feelings got it but i understand now....you think Warband is God by all right and its alright
Jesus Shinobi, you're a special one buddy. Arguing with you is like arguing with a wall. We're just mentioning how the OP suggestions resemble in some ways what Warband's system was like, nobody is saying he literally wanted Warband's style. And no I don't think Warband is god, you're so fanatical that you can't recognize this system is poorly customizable in comparison to Warband's, that's a fact, I don't inherently just hate Bannerlord, there are very good reasons to criticize the lack of customization of this game, hence why I laughed, because even an outsider to this game can tell that.

Jesus Shinobi, you're a special one buddy. Arguing with you is like arguing with a wall. We're just mentioning how the OP suggestions resemble in some ways what Warband's system was like, nobody is saying he literally wanted Warband's style. And no I don't think Warband is god, you're so fanatical that you can't recognize this system is poorly customizable in comparison to Warband's, that's a fact, I don't inherently just hate Bannerlord, there are very good reasons to criticize the lack of customization of this game, hence why I laughed, because even an outsider to this game can tell that.
No i understood you man :smile: and i said it was alright :smile: Heck even me as an insider understands that this is an EA xD idk why you guys are still arguing against that. Sure we both share the slow pace frustrations along with bad choices at times and all.... but he understood this as well in his post but was trying to give his opinions what he felt which i liked to read about. No need to make it personal about me just because i asked you :wink:
Also i have no clue what judgmental picture you have of me but it seems to be really something alright.... calling me fanatic out of context...but its ok since i understand that you seem to be in suffering and need to project

Btw as an Reminder TW or other devs :wink:

Make this epic battle and mode happen...Two towns or small forts on an large map. Pick your trade. Work as a team of lets say 10-20 commanders each side, with an small army of AIs. Engineers can build catapults and siege weapons. Prob are going to be demanding AF but atleast its going to be epic battles with commanders fighting in the middle of it :wink: This type of gameplay opens up for great teamwork along with you utilizing strategically your AI units. Best of both worlds so to speak,,,If not,,, someone make a game of this...Because even if that game didnt look like much when i first saw it, the gamemode was sucking me in like no tomorrow and if it was like M&B in the mix...pfff i wouldnt be here right now :wink:

Last edited:
So you miss lead the OPs thread with your narratives and feelings, got it and i understand now....you think Warband is God by all right and its alright :smile: No we actually had an really good thread here with cool vids, some heated discussions about cavs etc before an troll showed up and talked nonsense about feminism and stuff. Guess he felt threatened or something about fun and enjoyment xD
Christ almighty, you just always use straw-man arguments and projection, don't you? You deliberately misrepresent every other person's argument, and then argue as if they are the one's doing the same.

Thought he was talking about his perspective when he got Bannerlord from his friend and saw how MP was playing out and what he thought it could be better ? Or did i miss read his whole post ?
OP made suggestions to improve Bannerlord's flaws.
Those suggestions align a lot with what Warband did.
Therefore, people draw parallels to what Warband veterans have said about Bannerlord. Really not that hard to understand.

No i understood you man :smile:
lol

Christ almighty, you just always use straw-man arguments and projection, don't you? You deliberately misrepresent every other person's argument, and then argue as if they are the one's doing the same.

OP made suggestions to improve Bannerlord's flaws.
Those suggestions align a lot with what Warband did.
Therefore, people draw parallels to what Warband veterans have said about Bannerlord. Really not that hard to understand.

lol
No need to be rude. I understood what he was saying when he replied and what he wanted from it...Stop taking things out of context just because you have an beef with me dont mean you need to jump in trying to turn things around... Like the first thing you just took out of the hat and pointed out...Are you his lawyer or something ? or just wingman ? Or you wanting to gaslight something for something personal ? Idk rly but you seem fishy to me sir since you started by defending an suspect troll with his bad intentions---->

Well I agree but deep forum discussions dont follow the same rules as society. Just make sure to never feed the trolls :grin:
Yeah ik but trolls shouldnt be walking freely either as they like without repercussions :wink: Its bad for the community. If everyone just shake their shoulders saying that its alright what world would it be <3 I get some smacktalk for the luls here and there but being nasty and misleading is another game that shouldnt have an place to root

Last edited:
When I first got into the alpha and saw the perk system my first reaction was "I do not like this. I do not likes this at all" and other and myself made suggestions to either improve on the perk system, add in additional customisation and comfort features or entirely different models, as is the norm. With time, now basically playing the game for almost a year and a half (including alpha/beta time) I see the point of the perk system, but also its limits and why it is not satisfactory for a lot of players. For Skirmish it makes perfect sense, if you were to have preselect perks in the in game armory that would be a lot more comfortable whereas the lack of customisation argument still stands.
There are still ways to do it, fairly easily even within the perk system, and I still don't see it as the best option across all gamemodes, but development is not yet done. I won't go into all the possible suggestions that have already been made, most of you already read them at some point anyways.

Other than that keep it civil and not personal. Also @Revverie try not to post in ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT ALWAYS LOOKS VERY SHOUTY AND UNPLEASANT.

When I first got into the alpha and saw the perk system my first reaction was "I do not like this. I do not likes this at all" and other and myself made suggestions to either improve on the perk system, add in additional customisation and comfort features or entirely different models, as is the norm. With time, now basically playing the game for almost a year and a half (including alpha/beta time) I see the point of the perk system, but also its limits and why it is not satisfactory for a lot of players. For Skirmish it makes perfect sense, if you were to have preselect perks in the in game armory that would be a lot more comfortable whereas the lack of customisation argument still stands.
There are still ways to do it, fairly easily even within the perk system, and I still don't see it as the best option across all gamemodes, but development is not yet done. I won't go into all the possible suggestions that have already been made, most of you already read them at some point anyways.

Other than that keep it civil and not personal. Also @Revverie try not to post in ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT ALWAYS LOOKS VERY SHOUTY AND UNPLEASANT.
I would agree on the game still being in development and there being a chance for it happening, but TW has stated they will not change it. It's not like combat where there is a back and forth, the class system is undisputed with them, and they pretty much just told people to live with it.

I wish they would just concede on the preset classes, when your player base is literally begging for class customisation just ignoring them is horrifically bad judgement and decision making.

I wish they would just concede on the preset classes, when your player base is literally begging for class customisation just ignoring them is horrifically bad judgement and decision making.
Question is. Is it the community blowing it up as it being an ignoring part since they dont get served when and what they want, when they want it ?
I get that people are disappointed and all and are frustrated.... but sometimes is it really that justified ? I mean im not the one to talk MP in Bannerlord since i havent tried it yet but by looking at the cool vids provided it looked fun and exiting (combat wise) for its basic state that its in... And i get the SA servers and that to but then ....back to point one...

I just don't understand why they did it. Warband was a 30.000 player game that pathed the way for bannerlord to sell 250.000 copies on the first two days. Why do you develop a game that goes in the opposite direction? Such a high risk maneuvre

I'm against implementing now simply because it's too much work, they have other things to fix. But they could make another attempt after they leave EA

I mean there are two types.
I for once accepted the class system. Not saying I would not prefer the old system, but I accepted it for what it is right now and that it's not going to be reverted. For Skirmish it works way better than the old system does. If enough effort would've been put into Skirmish and this system, it could become really good.

Then you have the people who are not touching the game because of that and constantly clamoring here on the forum. I'm not saying they don't have a point, but that's just not how it works. In case Bannerlord becomes more popular and the community grows, these guys can shout all they want, it's not going to change anything.
The devs are adamant on keeping it, so if this is the case, I can just hope, they'll put work into it some time soon.

Edit:
I just don't understand why they did it. Warband was a 30.000 player game that pathed the way for bannerlord to sell 250.000 copies on the first two days. Why do you develop a game that goes in the opposite direction? Such a high risk maneuvre

I'm against implementing now simply because it's too much work, they have other things to fix. But they could make another attempt after they leave EA
I do see your reasoning, but stuff like this has been multiple times done in many game franchises.
If new mechanics and new content are not getting delivered, no changes been made the audience will eventually get bored. That might be their reasoning.
Simplifcation also worked in other franchises quite well ... and if I have a look at the TW series, it's still widely popular even though mechanics have been altered, simplificated and removed for years on now. You have the same people in this franchise clamoring like here. Once again: I'm not saying they are in the wrong before the hate gets thrown at me again, but TW titles still sell good. Just sayin'.

One point also maintained throughout this thread was that faction imbalance was better in Warband, I guess Firunien shot that lie/crap down. They were not balanced.

Then you have the people who are not touching the game because of that and constantly clamoring here on the forum. I'm not saying they don't have a point, but that's just not how it works. In case Bannerlord becomes more popular and the community grows, these guys can shout all they want, it's not going to change anything.
The devs are adamant on keeping it, so if this is the case, I can just hope, they'll put work into it some time soon.

Success never means there is no wasted potential, even IF bannerlord MP becomes big

Success never means there is no wasted potential, even IF bannerlord MP becomes big
I never disagreed about that. I however see the reasoning the devs might have contrary to most of the others who just can't understand it or go straight to insults.

I'm by no means a ****ing fanboy either, I just try to make the best out of the situation given at hand by participating in the multiplayer and tried to improve what we have with community work/tournaments etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom