Bannerlord Creative Competition: Scene Design Contest

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it possible to look at any vlandia village? Is there any example?
You are able to do so, but unfortunately without ground elevation (dont ask me why I either have no clue) should be down: Native/SandboxCore/SceneObj/.
There are 3 bandit camps in every village scene. The feature has been there since the start. They're usually hidden in the forest areas or at some other remote location, just have a look around :xf-wink:
You mean 3 "tents" or simmilar size structures with some rubbish around and some sp_npc animation about sitting, talking and waiting?
Im struggling RN with coding eveything, and this one is bothering me most. When i look on some sp villages those 3 camps around villages looks like they are grouped and scripted, but I ain't sure about that. And how to test if my map works?

You mean 3 "tents" or simmilar size structures with some rubbish around and some sp_npc animation about sitting, talking and waiting?
Im struggling RN with coding eveything, and this one is bothering me most. When i look on some sp villages those 3 camps around villages looks like they are grouped and scripted, but I ain't sure about that. And how to test if my map works?
You can find an explanation on how to both create bandit camps and use the debug window to check if you placed the correct amount of entities in our documentation. To check if the scene works to the fullest extent, you would have to replace it with one of the native villages and test it during a campaign.

Second map is broken now after many hours of making... Layers just dont work for me even after reinstall both the game and modding tools.

Will there be any major improvement for the editor before the contest ends(and extended Submission Date) I would really like to make a good looking map for this and no ugly warband like Map

Second map is broken now after many hours of making... Layers just dont work for me even after reinstall both the game and modding tools.

Will there be any major improvement for the editor before the contest ends(and extended Submission Date) I would really like to make a good looking map for this and no ugly warband like Map

I'd actually like to add my voice to this one, having lost a scene which took me 3 long dedicated sessions to make to file corruption. I was taking it steadily determined to push it to the limits, not only to try and win but to help explore the potential of Bannerlord engine and editor. To my frustration, at some point the scene was broken and gone.

Now I'm trying to be optimistic, to try and remake something if I can. I also realize that this contest has probably helped to unearth many bugs, with plenty of submissions evident in the bug report section, and it will benefit everyone in the long run. I must also point out that Taleworlds devs themselves looked if they can help and recover my scene, which is totally awesome of them. However it does seem a bit out of justice to hold a Competition with this gross tools instability, severe progress-killing bugs and announced reference vanilla scenes not working. Some people in the modding community honestly wonder what kind of obscure trial and error practices it took to actually make the vanilla game scene inventory with these tools even before they were reviewed for beta public use.

And while I will always be supportive of Taleworlds team and their effort, I still need to question if anyone has been able to fully complete a scene fitting all the competition criteria, if we can expect an improved editor stability coming (which we are about to find out though) and if anyone else thinks that the Competition terms should be revisited in the light of all the above.

I'd actually like to add my voice to this one, having lost a scene which took me 3 long dedicated sessions to make to file corruption. I was taking it steadily determined to push it to the limits, not only to try and win but to help explore the potential of Bannerlord engine and editor. To my frustration, at some point the scene was broken and gone.
I agree with you, same happened to me: scene which took about 100 hours now just unworkable. I really appreciate that developers support modding community, but it was very small gap between releasing editor and making contest, very small time to make some patches and remove bugs. I do not blame anyone, and I also give regular feedback about bugs and crashes. Just feel upset for me and other people who spend much time on corrupted scene. Really hope that they can be restored after next patch.

I agree with you, same happened to me: scene which took about 100 hours now just unworkable. I really appreciate that developers support modding community, but it was very small gap between releasing editor and making contest, very small time to make some patches and remove bugs. I do not blame anyone, and I also give regular feedback about bugs and crashes. Just feel upset for me and other people who spend much time on corrupted scene. Really hope that they can be restored after next patch.

I also restarted remaking a scene couple of times, then took a break waiting for a "fix" for texture layer problem, and ended up continueing without using testing feature; hoping it will all look normal at the end. I should add that it is not just a "good looking scene" contest but a contest which requires a battle tested one that needs everything working correctly in-game, which makes things more complicated.

I guess i'll work with whatever i have at hand and hope for the best. Good luck guys.

What is the terrain layer issue that you are experiencing?

I cannot paint any new Layers in specific areas only. I already reported it on the Bug and Chrash Report section :
and this is a other map so it occurs for me on different scenes

This time I didnt change the terrain size, but the Node properties ( from 64 to 128 ) if im trying to change it the editor keeps chrashing so maybe the problerm lies there.

Thanks for the response :smile:!

Last edited:
@Dejan has nothing to do with me, but would you allow professional level designers, potentially employed in the industry, to participate? I suggest to make them eligible for job offers only, no prizes :grin:

Please also specify if prizes are free from shipping costs, any comissions or taxes for the winners?

Last edited:
@Dejan has nothing to do with me, but would you allow professional level designers, potentially employed in the industry, to participate? I suggest to make them eligible for job offers only, no prizes :grin:
It's hard to prove or disprove they're professional level designers, besides that's not in our interest. Anyone that's not a contest judge, employee or contractor of TaleWorlds Entertainment can participate.

Please also specify if prizes are free from shipping costs, any comissions or taxes for the winners?
Will post the explanation in the following week.

I think I am giving up. This is pointless, after making third map. I open a scene, save it, close it and open it again (no change at all) and it shows error. Funny.

I'd actually like to add my voice to this one, having lost a scene which took me 3 long dedicated sessions to make to file corruption.
I think I am giving up. This is pointless, after making third map. I open a scene, save it, close it and open it again (no change at all) and it shows error. Funny.
We realize that many of you are facing bugs & crashes while creating your scenes. It will help us identify and fix the issues if you share the scene with us. That's why we've enabled RAR/ZIP files with our upload system.

Please find the crash/bug report template and instructions on how to share the scene with us here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/how-to-report-a-bug.432223/
Then post the crash/bug report here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/bug-crash-reports.784/

Thank you for understanding and helping us fix the bugs!

I'm still in... I'm working on a 16th back-up of my current scene now :smile:

Very sorry to hear about your misfortune though.

Edit: After talking to Dejan on the Modding Discord, I will use the deadline extension to post a new version of the scene.

@Dejan
Forum username: Kazet
Scene name: bog_village_001
Screenshots:
bog-village-001.jpg
bog-village-002.jpg
bog-village-003.jpg

Last edited:
Hello participants!

As already explained above, we understand many of you are having various issues with the editor. In an effort to give us more time to fix these issues, and you more time to work on your scenes, we've decided to postpone the submission deadline to:

26th February 2021, 23:59 UTC+3

The game is also getting a Photo Mode which will be useful for the screenshot contest.

If your scene is already complete, feel free to submit it though! @Kazet looking great!

Last edited:
Hello participants!

As already explained above, we understand many of you are having various issues with the editor. In an effort to give us more time to fix these issues, and you more time to work on your scenes, we've decided to postpone the submission deadline to:

26th February 2021, 23:59 UTC+3

The game is also getting a Photo Mode which will be useful for the screenshot contest.

If your scene is already complete, feel free to submit it though! @Kazet looking great!

Thanks for good news Dejan.

Back
Top Bottom