Rank 1 Gamer Thoughts on Bannerlord PvP

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said it yourself, you're a duelist. Bannelord doesnt shine in its dueling but in it's groupfights. Calling Bannerlord "low skillcap" is a bit much tbf. Duels aren't as good as in Warband yes, but it's not a dueling game. Anyways, Bannerlord needs 3v3 matchmaking like in Mordhau to reveal its true potential.

9o4Qa.png

It is very low. You can't seriously say that Bannerlord takes as much skill to be really good at as warband. in BL the skill gap between the good players and the really good players is very slight whereas in warband that gap was actually a meaningful one.
You're comparing a 10 yo game where ppl have sunken thousands and thousands of hours with an early access game where most MP players have 400 hrs on average?? The gap will dig itself with time dw.

Lol love that gg wp when they loose quote xD classic. Its one thing that makes me tick at times especially after some intense fighting in BF 2 and you had some players fooling around for luls^or snipers going infantry ^^

First of all i want to clear make clear how Bannerlord and Warband cavalry combat are different.

Lances/Spears :
In Bannerlord its not easier to land your hits with a spear or lance compared to warband, because the animation has a way shorter window of dealing high damage, in Warband the lance animation was way slower and could be dragged more precisly.
We don't talk about the lances :grin:
Current meta spears are better; way faster, same damage(on stats), a bit shorter than lances but speed compensates for it.
Couch lance is unreliable as hell, sometimes you couch lance but game says nope it was a poke thus no hit, cannot kill a peasant class with a full speed couch lance if he's running away from you.
You will want a faster weapon for cav vs cav.

@kenshiro
I think the biggest problem with MP is the missing custom servers and the battle mode.
@hoonii
Ye i know the current meta, but still if you compare the animations the Bannerlord ones are faster and cant be dragged as precisly, which was my point. This goes for both spears and lances.

I guess it do be like that when the pond is all small fish, seeing all the big fish are still on Warband.
Im really thinking of a solution to this problem.

Warband PlayersBannerlord players
-better at warband-better at bannerlord

So how do we determine which of those are the "big fish"

I guess the best approach would be:
Who can become better at the other game quicker.
We all think that the "Warband Vets" can reach the "BL Vets" level quicker than other way around, correct?

But what happens if those 2 communities stay apart for another few years. At that point the BL Players should have become really good at their game, just like the Warband Vets.

But when is the breakpoint where the Warband Players are not the "big fish" by default?

We all think that the "Warband Vets" can reach the "BL Vets" level quicker than other way around, correct?

But what happens if those 2 communities stay apart for another few years. At that point the BL Players should have become really good at their game, just like the Warband Vets.

But when is the breakpoint where the Warband Players are not the "big fish" by default?
There is not ,i know plenty of them myself who would be good if they tried but they dont, there is "big fish" around, namely Relexan, Woj, and myself.

Can we just call them the best players or something, this big fish thing is awful.

Anyway, you can't be considered one of the best players if you can't do it on both Warband and Bannerlord. It's interesting to see how good WB players actually are when the abuseable WB combat mechanics are gone and they actually have to fight on a level playing ground with everyone else.

Can we just call them the best players or something, this big fish thing is awful.

Anyway, you can't be considered one of the best players if you can't do it on both Warband and Bannerlord. It's interesting to see how good WB players actually are when the abuseable WB combat mechanics are gone and they actually have to fight on a level playing ground with everyone else.

?
That's the thing. The "abuseable" mechanics was one of the things that gave warband a high skill ceiling.

Damn it man! reminds me a little bit of that formula that American guy made about the sqabble Niels Bohr vs Einstein in quantum mechanics...I like it :smile:

Well i disagree, you can be one of the best players in one of them and not the other, but the guys who were among the best in Warband and transitioned to Bannerlord are among the best there, but that is really just the three mentioned above, Arni performed quite well for not playing BL a lot. The transition will become harder as time flows by because people are activly getting better in Bannerlord which requires to be good at different mechanics, for example kickslash.

Is push (shield bash with weapons) slash often used to ? Since ive noticed it has longer reach then kick but can be riskier though because of the animation and slight longer time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom