Rank 1 Gamer Thoughts on Bannerlord PvP

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so... you've never touched mp but make something like 30/83 comments in a thread about competitive mp. most of which are uninformed opinions about fighting bots?
What are you even talking about. I was discussing horses mechanic compared to Warband as i was interested in what the mp community had to say as well. If you dont have something to contribute get back to whine in SP instead. Or are the mechanics completely different in MP ? Did TW made an whole new engine for MP servers ? get out of here xD

no offence but it seems like you're spamming the forums a bit
Ah so we can not discuss matters at hand?...Just because youre bit personal butt hurt and have nothing important to provide you made it all over here just to make an **** comment

Ah so we can not discuss matters at hand?...Just because youre bit personal butt hurt and have nothing important to provide you made it all over here just to make an **** comment
im not hurt buddy :smile: no reason to be, i just don't understand many of your comments on this thread as i do believe mp and sp play much differently

im not hurt buddy :smile: no reason to be, i just don't understand many of your comments on this thread as i do believe mp and sp play much differently
Dont you think i know that ^^ Players and Ai are different. But ive played a lot of games long enough to know that mechanics are the same. So whats your point ? What are you not understanding ? Make things clear here and rephrase what i said you dont understand ?. I mean i can see alot in the MP games that movement and combat are exactly the same excl some laggs here and there or other issues.. Sure and balancing to. Reason why im not touching MP in BL right now is because i know it isnt finished and has the lowest prio atm. But have i implied that im a big MP player or even the sligtest ever in here ? Nah sir youre just **** talking right now with personal feelings. So whats the big differens in Mechanic between SP and MP except balancing in weapons and fixed skills and such ? Start providing healthy discussions instead of just jumping on someone talking **** ^^

Last edited:
Marko hit the nail on the head. Most of you, playing Bannerlord at the "top" level, might never admit it just because you are content with the direction the MP takes. And why not to be? After all, you can crown yourself to be some of the best Bannerlord players of this era :xf-wink:
I mean, you were caught cheating in warband because you wanted to crown yourself as a good player. Hypocrite.
I would just back off from lecturing the others if i were you, thanks?
It's pretty amusing reading posts about Bannerlord competitive. It must take a really good dose of mental gymnastics to take pride in being 'good' at a game without responsiveness, balance, performance or any semblance of good game design. I guess it do be like that when the pond is all small fish, seeing all the big fish are still on Warband.
I mean what's wrong if they talk about bl competitive however they want.
I don't see good warband players in here, because they don't care about this game nor its drama.
Yet you're here talking down to the rest because you prob got nothing to do lol.
Besides you're not even a big fish, so you're just here to flame on the rest.
I don't like the game, but i refrain from talking down on people who enjoy it in whatever way. I suggest you do too.
Otherwise you'll just look delusional as you look right now d:

I mean, you were caught cheating in warband because you wanted to crown yourself as a good player. Hypocrite.

What is so hypocritical? The fact that I said that people are content with the game because they are the best in it? Because that's literally the only thing I said.

The fact that I wanted to crown myself a good player isn't very accurate. I wanted to be considered the best and did a shameful thing in pursue of that goal. Anyway, removed the earlier post so I do not cause any more drama.

As a cav main, I can definitely say Bannerlord has better riding than in Warband, Warband riding always felt weird and slow af. While I may or may not agree with cav vs infantry fights requiring no skill or such, cav vs cav definitely requires training, knowledge and skill a lot(and that I like), I'm sure mighty cav mains like Woj, Relexan, Rangah or Dragon would agree on this, I had the pleasure of dueling some of these gents in Destiny Pickups.
If it wasn't for cav gameplay, I probably wouldn't be praising this game when compared to Warband, but:

1) cav vs cav fights are simply the most fun I've had in both games so far, pretty much what hooni said is spot on about cav in general, though on BL cav is way less maneuverable at high speeds
2) there are no minibumps on infantry at low speeds, which, imo, makes it more fun for both sides
3) 2 stab directions make for more options and decisionmaking, making cav gameplay more broad and interesting

There's plenty of issues, such as melee weapons not doing enough damage to horses, that one long knockdown animation, having to look way down to connect sword hits from horseback, etc, but in this aspect I at least don't feel too biased praising BL over Warband.

Infantry gameplay to me is another story, but I don't feel like I have the right to comment on that.

e: and another point, even though it may not seem so initially, BL, just like Warband, has a basically limitless skillcap and in a year or two fighting styles will evolve, better moves will be found etc, as it happened in Warband.

Last edited:
Can we move on from competitive? No one plays that garbage, it didn't work in warband, it won't in bannerlord. Just make the game fun instead of doing that tryhard crap

ez clap

Can we move on from competitive? No one plays that garbage, it didn't work in warband, it won't in bannerlord. Just make the game fun instead of doing that tryhard crap

ez clap
Yes! Even there should be room for those who like it though.... Personal i voted that they should take the mode from TW Arena mechanic :wink: or parts from it..I mean they scrapped it anyways but would be cool if there was two towns and an large map with alot of players along with AI

This Rodlimitless guy just noticed how bad bannerlord is after 30 hours....yet TW and some players still dont get it.....

i dont even know why you guys are still talking about "competitive" gameplay in bannerlord since there is none.....

I gues if Rodlimitless want to play a proper combat system he needs to go to Warband and play Matchmaking or Merc, but since he is from NA even that might be hard

It must take a really good dose of mental gymnastics to take pride in being 'good' at a game without responsiveness, balance, performance or any semblance of good game design.
I'd actually extend that thought to taking pride in being 'good' at a game with no further criteria other than the game not allowing for a sustaining career and it being the sole point behind every argument some people tend to make. This is a general statement by the way.
However, the game has issues, yes, but comparing it to Warband which started out in a similarly bad way and had a decade to be polished and fixed is not fair. If memory serves right, Warband was updated quicker though.
I guess it do be like that when the pond is all small fish, seeing all the big fish are still on Warband.
Please don't encourage them in this Warband vs Bannerlord playerbase mentality nonsense. You don't have to deal with the fallout when people go ballistic for absolutely no reason other than even being baited with 'just the tip'.

ez clap
Do you think a Rank 1 gamer and top 1% Sea of Thieves player would speak about anything less than the peak competitive gameplay? :grin::grin:

There is nothing to do on MP apart from tryharding, this is true.

Do you think a Rank 1 gamer and top 1% Sea of Thieves player would speak about anything less than the peak competitive gameplay? :grin::grin:

There is nothing to do on MP apart from tryharding, this is true.
¨Dont forget about WoW which is pretty competitive to...no need to be rude though even if the Title may be a little bit over excessive ^^ I still respect a gamer who gives his heart in to things no matter what games it is

Last edited:
First of all i want to clear make clear how Bannerlord and Warband cavalry combat are different.

Lances/Spears :
In Bannerlord its not easier to land your hits with a spear or lance compared to warband, because the animation has a way shorter window of dealing high damage, in Warband the lance animation was way slower and could be dragged more precisly.

Movement :
Riding feels way better in Bannerlord then in Warband, you turn faster, you have double-W and double-S for more controls.

Bumps/Knockdowns:
Doing a Bumpslash is way harder in Bannerlord then in Warband, you need more speed comparativly for triggering the bump, also the weird multibump/horse ass bump from Warband is gone. Knockdowns have been made harder to pull off in Bannerlord then in Warband with the latest changes to the formula.

Now to clear up some of the nonesense i have read here :

@Marko͘
The performance on Skirmish is fine most of the time, also you talk about balance... balance really ? So you are saying Warband was better balanced ? Did you ever play that game ? Rhodoks or Veagir on open maps, Nord or Rhodok on closed maps, not balanced at all, look at the Swadia with their Awlpike on horseback, this is talking out of your ass. Explain to me no responsivness please.
@Surreal120
Skilldifference is there for sure,one very good player turns the whole game against "just" good players.
@Roadpork
Blocking does matter, even more in Bannerlord because 2h weapons are actually used competitivly atm.

I see so many people especially warband veterans say "game bad i go back to Warband", i rather try to make Bannerlord better because Warband will never receive a patch or balancing ever again, and having played that for almost 10 years it gets stale. The game has already gotten much better, by listening to feedback of active players.

This Rodlimitless guy just noticed how bad bannerlord is after 30 hours....yet TW and some players still dont get it.....
Did he? Looks to me what seems to be the norm with Bannerlord, new players love the game, even with it's issues.
A viewer bud of mine gifted me Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord about a week and a half ago from the time I'm typing this post. If I had to say what the most fun games I've ever played are, they'd have to be, Sea of Thieves, Warzone, and to my surprise, me thinking no game would ever come close to that --> Bannerlord.

I grinded this game extremely hard, playing 36+ hours the first days I got it. It was such a fun experience unlike anything I've ever played before, so kudos to the developers for doing an outstanding job. Despite the bugs, and having to search for mods to help ease the "quality of life" aspect of the game, it has been a phenomenal experience beyond anything I've ever played. I have not had that same feeling when playing a videogame for the first time in a long, long time. So well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom