Rank 1 Gamer Thoughts on Bannerlord PvP

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in South America by any chance ? :wink: But yeah could be something with the response code in MP who knows...But never seen this in Sp that an AI landing a hit with this much space. even in the early stages when things where messy here and there
Honest question:
I've seen you talking in every sp related topic and you seem to have very strong opinions on many things. But hopefully you are not comparing ai behaviour to player behaviour? As you might know ai isn't the best when it comes to fighting.

Honest question:
I've seen you talking in every sp related topic and you seem to have very strong opinions on many things. But hopefully you are not comparing ai behaviour to player behaviour? As you might know ai isn't the best when it comes to fighting.
Ofc that im aware of but isnt the point im trying to make when im thinking about the whole thing. Im thinking when youre using it and comparing it to past experiences and how much is the learning curve...Idk how many ive seen complained how hard it is to use a sword on cav here at the forum comparing it to Warband so there is that to...And i told them that they just needed to practice more which comes to the conclusion that this game has an harder learning curve and slight less forgiving when it comes to combat, as myself had to learn during all this time :wink: Even if i had some good amount of time in Warband. Maybe not as much as some but still..... and im far from being a pro as some ive seen here. But im an observant experienced person and dont let my ambitions fog my eyes

Last edited:
The simplest experience would actually to make Gibby face whoever is considered a top duellist in Bannerlord to prove my point.
I think Duckie beat Gibby in the duel tourney we had in BL (which was on block delay patch). And the finals ended up Narmin vs. Forsaken with Narmin winning 7-6

That is CRPG

Blocking in BL doesn't really matter.
Plus you are not allowed to fight 6 people at the same time around you then block all of their attacks.
But CRPG did encourage it.
Wait for CRPG2 pls.

Ofc that im aware of but isnt the point im trying to make when im thinking about the whole thing. Im thinking when youre using it and comparing it to past experiences and how much is the learning curve...Idk how many ive seen complained how hard it is to use a sword on cav here at the forum comparing it to Warband so there is that to...And i told them that they just needed to practice more which comes to the conclusion that this game has an harder learning curve when it comes to combat as myself had to learn during all this time :wink: Even if i had some good amount of time in Warband. Maybe not as much as some but still..... and im far from being a pro as some ive seen here
Ok, just making sure that we are not in the mentality of "WB mp bad, BL mp good, because it's not WB".

Ok, just making sure that we are not in the mentality of "WB mp bad, BL mp good, because it's not WB".
No why would i make such a claim ? I just answered the person who said that Cav was harder in Warband then in BL and laughed at me saying that combat is more smoother,faster and more accuracy demanding in a way in BL. Not substantial ofc...But i also said ofc there is some questionable hits sometimes like in all games

When you demand customizable character stats and equipment it feels like you mixed up "low skillcap" with "not enough content"...
I cannot imagine how you can feel like the skillcap is low while you are probably under the worst 25% of players (Because you just started playing).

Even if you invest, lets say 500 hours, into Bannerlord MP you will not even closely come to the skill of the current best players (Because they have thousands of hours M&B experience). That kinda indicates that the skillcap cannot be extremely low.

Last edited:
No why would i make such a claim ? I just answered the person who said that Cav was harder in Warband then in BL and laughed at me saying that combat is more smoother,faster and more accuracy demanding in a way in BL. Not substantial ofc...But i also said ofc there is some questionable hits sometimes like in all games
Didn't mean anything by it. Just made sure we are on the same page and wanted to make sure as I also disagree with your opinion on cav and combat.

Didn't mean anything by it. Just made sure we are on the same page and wanted to make sure as I also disagree with your opinion on cav and combat.
Nps and i accept that you do, but please evaluate why if so... since discussions are good if you want to find what you seek. 1 Question we can make here since its up on the table... did you find it harder to land a hit with your sword or longer lance with your cav in Warband then Bannerlord...Why was it harder in Warband ?

Meh, multiplayer is pretty garbage rn. Even at the highest level of competitive play it is just not as enjoyable as warband. All we can do is wait for mods, I have little hope in TW being able to fix the disaster they've created.
lmao bannerlord>warband
The thing is that bannerlord removed the fun, and tried to only encourage competitive, which it failed to do.
Also yes there is a skillcap 100%. Can you explain to me why in a duel, 1v1, you would whoop my ass but i would still manage to somehow kill you a few times?
I'm not saying it doesn't happen in warband, but i know for sure people like Gibby would whoop my ass in warband, and i won't be able to get him more then once.
duel axder, hairless, apriko on bl gl

lmao bannerlord>warband

duel axder, hairless, apriko on bl gl
Seems like you fit into the category I mentioned of "Im good at this game and mediocre at the other one so this one is obviously just better."

As for the duels, I'm NA so no. Not to mention I recently uninstalled and don't plan to reinstall until there are either multiplayer mods or TW figures out how to actually make a good game.

Nps and i accept that you do, but please evaluate why if so... since discussions are good if you want to find what you seek.
In my experience, you'll never get your answers if you ask straightforwardly :wink:.
1 Question we can make here since its up on the table... did you find it harder to land a hit with your sword or longer lance with your cav in Warband then Bannerlord...Why was it harder in Warband ?
Firstly cav was extreamly vulnerable to spears and you had no chances to make mistakes, because most of the time you couldn't afford to buy heavy horse and heavy armor so that meant that as you were stopped, you were good as dead.
Horses were way more clunky to maneuver (not saying it was better) so it was way more harder to even close distance on players who were aware. In BL you have so much more control on your horse you can "feint" with it. Can't really say is it harder or easier to poke with a stick as it's only hold and release.
For sword it's just bump&slash for both games. For BL it's just more safer.

Last edited:
When you demand customizable character stats and equipment it feels like you mixed up "low skillcap" with "not enough content"...
I cannot imagine how you can feel like the skillcap is low while you are probably under the worst 25% of players (Because you just started playing).

Even if you invest, lets say 500 hours, into Bannerlord MP you will not even closely come to the skill of the current best players (Because they have thousands of hours M&B experience). That kinda indicates that the skillcap cannot be extremely low.
This. Thank you.

Well, he said his favourite multiplayer type is the team deatmatch so he probably didn't play with high level players that's the only reason he can say skillcap is low (TDM players are worse than bots). I want to see him play against top players so he can decide if skillcap is low or not :grin:

Edit: On the brightside he has some points... I loved playing cRPG and Mercenaries mods and can't wait to have my own unique character which stats + equipments i will decide in Bannerlord :grin:

Last edited:
In my experience, you'll never get your answers if you ask straightforwardly :wink:.

Firstly cav was extreamly vulnerable to spears and you had no chances to make mistakes, because most of the time you couldn't afford to buy heavy horse and heavy armor so that meant that as you were stopped, you were good as dead.
Horses were way more clunky to maneuver (not saying it was better) so it was way more harder to even close distance on players who were aware. In BL you have so much more control on your horse you can "feint" with it. Can't really say is it harder or easier to poke with a stick as it's only hold and release.
For sword it's just bump&slash for both games. For BL it's just more safer.
Yeah i wasnt found of them buffing horses either but it was what the community wanted so
But its an good opinion which is sometimes rare to get here

Well about the straight forwardly...The only games i like to play is video games....games in general are for the weak minded which i can empathize that it comes out from fear :wink: being playful is much better

Last edited:
Yeah i wasnt found of them buffing horses either but it was what the community wanted so...But an good opinion which is rare to get here
Horses are way more enjoyable in Bl, hands down. My biggest gripe still is that they are way too cheap comparing to other classes considering what tools they get for their prices. But this is a moment we once again come back to the class system that we have heard many times already...

Horses are way more enjoyable in Bl, hands down. My biggest gripe still is that they are way too cheap comparing to other classes considering what tools they get for their prices. But this is a moment we once again come back to the class system that we have heard many times already...
Think they will come to that later on when the SP is being more stable as an game. Will take some time though but we never know what they are cooking in their apartments :wink:

It is very low. You can't seriously say that Bannerlord takes as much skill to be really good at as warband. in BL the skill gap between the good players and the really good players is very slight whereas in warband that gap was actually a meaningful one.
I'm not going to comment on this horse****, this is utter verbal garbage.
Warband top duellist vs Bannerlord top duellist. A ft7 on both games. The BL top duellist will get 7-0ed in 2 mins in warband, while the Warband top duellist will get rounds in Bannerlord, because the skill gap between a top and a good player in bannerlord is really low. Also, no one in Bannerlord knows exactly how the game works yet (the devs themselves don't know) so it's impossible to master it fully.

Archery wise, Warband takes way more skill than Bannerlord, especially because of the lack of arrow drop and the over abundance of archer spots in Bannerlord

Cavalry wise Warband takes more skill than Bannerlord against foot units but mastering Cav vs Cav in bannerlord is much more satisfying and requires skills

Infantry wise, well this one is hard, cuz on one hand infantry is weak in bannerlord because the two other classes are superior and much easier to learn, but I'll go with warband cuz of the fact that you can tank like crazy in inf vs inf on bannerlord.

The simplest experience would actually to make Gibby face whoever is considered a top duellist in Bannerlord to prove my point.
Ah, Gibby got his clapping with his entire crew already by Hairless and Destiny Masters and that was in May iirc. Since then half a year has passed and two big tournaments have been played in Bannerlord, you think this is going down better this time? Probably he has a better chance because the combat is more warband-like now. But that's about it.

Ah, Gibby got his clapping with his entire crew already by Hairless and Destiny Masters and that was in May iirc. Since then half a year has passed and two big tournaments have been played in Bannerlord, you think this is going down better this time? Probably he has a better chance because the combat is more warband-like now. But that's about it.
Pff the combat has been true to Warband from the start..Hens is why i loved it as an sequel. If we compare games to like Dragon Age 1 and 2 theres a bit difference in systems which was a shame rly

Pff the combat has been true to Warband from the start..Hens is why i loved it as an sequel. If we compare games to like Dragon Age 1 and 2 theres a bit difference in systems which was a shame rly
Oh, I do agree that the combat is true to Warband and most important, it's in an okay shape right now.
I mainly think this 'Warband Veteran argument stomp them Bannerlord noobs' is horse****, since 1) prominent Warband Veterans play Bannerlord successfully (look them up in the BEAST-Rosters if needed) and 2) Melee Combat is close to Warband. Why should the skill ceiling be so much lower if combat is similar?
Riding horses feels better to me in Bannerlord than in Warband. For Archery it might be true, I never really played archer, just for a short time in Warband so I have to say that I don't know.

Good argument
You provided no real evidence for your claim. Not really sure how you have it NA, but in Europe the skill gap can be enormous even in between the top teams, with Risen Manifest and Destiny Masters having intense duels but stomping the rest of the Div-A crowd who in turn stomp the rest of the teams around.

Reverse it and that's whats getting thrown in as joker card all the time here. Again, I loved Warband to bits. So I hold in high respect and have a lot of good memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom