Wars too scripted

Users who are viewing this thread

indeed Vladian troops is nothing you joke about on the battlefield, Except if youre an Battanian then you laugh about Vladians all day long untill they show up with hvy cavs and sturdy infantry in tight formations
Yeah, but then YOUR battanians start pulling off armies of 60%cavalry and battle them properly:wink:

Mexxico tested the game with both bonuses gone and its the most stable 10 year map I've ever seen. The khuzait cultural speed bonus is definitely a big factor as well.

While this map is actually pretty stable and nice after 10 years, it still shows Khuzaits being one of the strongest factions. It is not like I want Khuzaits get wrecked but, I have not seen a single campaign where Khuzaits are not able to do it great (without my intervention).

I have the feeling that there are something more we are missing, a hidden not intended bonus or something else.

While this map is actually pretty stable and nice after 10 years, it still shows Khuzaits being one of the strongest factions. It is not like I want Khuzaits get wrecked but, I have not seen a single campaign where Khuzaits are not able to do it great (without my intervention).

I have the feeling that there are something more we are missing, a hidden not intended bonus or something else.
They raided the heavens and killed gods and now they basically took their place and unleash their wrath towards Calradia because *insert butter/butter lord joke here*. Wasn't it obvious?

LOL yep its scripted alright! a bug maybe...But who ever had this idea (if so) most certainly didnt thought this thru or had the feeling that people would stress spam troops as fast as they could just to cover it which i have doubts that someone could fill 600 troops within 200 days
UIgl7Lh.png
The Empire factions are always getting bullied, maybe smth to do with being weak as divided and needing to be unified for the story and sht but i can't find the sense in that, as they always pick their sieges badly
Edit: Also, the Southern Empire has one of the worst strategic positions, their cities are just soooo far from eachother, and it's not a case as the battanians that all their cities are so close and easy to reach

No this is an active thing as soon as you join an faction as an merc its an programmed thing they have made out of control. Aserai usually dont have problems early on which they had on my last game with a lot of South empire along with Khuz coming in and Battanians from the West. Its like they get an Zerg activation. Straight after i ended the contract they went in to peace with all the factions. I joined the North then South Empire who now are weak, Battania started a war with them along with Khuzaits as usual ofc :smile:
Wow, that's pretty odd. I quess i'm not the most entitled one to talk about this as i rarely start a new save(I stick to trying to take over calradia with my kingdom). I think i'm gonna start more saves and test these out as they seem pretty interesting.
Yeah, still, sorry about bringing up my kingdom everytime, specifically as this thread is said to be about joining a faction but that's the farthest i got in game and that's why i keep reffering to it

Mexxico tested the game with both bonuses gone and its the most stable 10 year map I've ever seen. The khuzait cultural speed bonus is definitely a big factor as well.

I am working on making map / kingdoms more balanced for 3-4 weeks. Did not changed bonuses yet because it is not my area, I reported they are causing problems but still they are same. Bonuses have very big effect on this snowballing problem however even bonuses are same with fixing different problems at different parts now factions are more resistant. Finally I got good results after fixing so many different things. I will update you this friday with all details. These changes will be at game at two next update.

By the way wars are not scripted. If two factions are neighbour they usually have war or tribute deal.

Here is a map from 22th year of game after these updates without player interaction :
jGYq7.png

For more information about all changes wait this friday.

Last edited:
I am working on to making map more balanced for 3-4 weeks. Finally I got good results after fixing so many different things. I will update you this friday with all details.

Here is a map from 22th year of game after these updates :
jGYq7.png

For more information about all changes wait this friday.
That's the first time i saw vlandians with so few cities and it looks beautiful
THe khuzait's are at their usual i quess

Normally 2-3 factions is eliminated until 1100s (at versions 1.5.4+next patch). Now all are on map even it is 1105.

Also in this playthrough even some factions left with 2 towns (Sturgia, N.Empire reduced to 2 towns at some time periods) they again get stronger and have 5-6 towns. One of the most important problem was if one faction reduced to 1-2-3 towns they were not able to get stronger again.

Khuzait still most stronger (because of their OP faction bonus) but they cannot get 40% of world at first 20 years now.

Last edited:
Normally 2-3 factions is eliminated until 1100s (at versions 1.5.4+next patch). Now all are on map even it is 1105.

Also in this playthrough even some factions left with 2 towns (Sturgia, N.Empire reduced to 2 towns at some time periods) they again get stronger and have 5-6 towns. One of the most important problem was if one faction reduced to 1-2-3 towns they were not able to get stronger again.

Khuzait still most stronger (because of their OP faction bonus) but they cannot get 40% of world at first 20 years now.
That sounds great! I'm excited about a new playtrough now.
Will these changes get implemented within the new beta or you still have these 3-4 weeks to work on them?
Great info nonetheless.

That sounds great! I'm excited about a new playtrough now.
Will these changes get implemented within the new beta or you still have these 3-4 weeks to work on them?
Great info nonetheless.

There will be a new patch for beta soon. It will not include these changes but two next patch / update will include them.

This post was about scripted wars by the way (however it is not the case, there is no scripted wars in game). There will be no update about war / peace systems, they are not scripted. These developments will be only for weakened factions to resist more on map and to make more comebacks and slow down snowballing by doing better money / influence management and making better decisions.

Last edited:
There will be a new patch for beta soon. It will not include these changes but two next patch / update will include them.

This post was about scripted wars by the way (however it is not the case, there is no scripted wars in game). There will be no update about war / peace systems, they are not scripted. These developments will be only for weakened factions to resist more on map and to make more comebacks.
Oh, ok got it, hope it turns out well and that we'll have the update soon.

So why are same factions making war against each other every time im joining one ? And why are ex 3 factions making war on the one you join as merc ? saying its an bug then i guess. But i dont see the diversity here in wars like i did in Warband but the same factions ex Vladian Battanians against Sturgs every time ive played Sturgs recently which is 5 rounds or more

You are not a factor in deciding war / peace. This can be explained by luck.

Also Vlandians usually in war aganist Battania or Aserai; Khuzait generally in war with N.Empire or S.Empire or Sturgia; W.Empire usually in war with Battania or Aserai or S.Empire if borders did not changed much. It has no sense declearing war to further enemies.

This is not rng from my understanding but im not the one knowing the data either ^^ Im just seeing an pattern clearly every time im rolling an new campaign thats all. I mean we where at war instantly with 3 factions as soon as i joined the South Empire without any stop...Directly after i left they made peace with all factions...I bet if i stayed they still would be at war which was the factor on my last playthru with Aserai to

Oh. I missed a point. There was a bug. If player is in any faction their all votings were not initiated. Only option is clicking on icons at right of screen to initiate it or player to offer peace / war decision. As mercenary you will not be initiate so your faction cannot go peace. I do not know when this bug created but it will be also fixed in 2 next update. Probably your problem is related to this bug.

This is not rng from my understanding but im not the one knowing the data either ^^ Im just seeing an pattern clearly every time im rolling an new campaign thats all
The weird thing is that in my games they never do that, yes they go to war with the same factions because of the borders but don't go to war only if i join them or smth. But it's weird also thinking why you have this kind of luck
Edit: After mexxico's comment , Nvm this comment XD

This post was about scripted wars by the way (however it is not the case, there is no scripted wars in game). There will be no update about war / peace systems, they are not scripted. These developments will be only for weakened factions to resist more on map and to make more comebacks and slow down snowballing by doing better money / influence management and making better decisions.
@mexxico what about casus belli?

Well its because youre running your kingdom :smile: try this out, start a group of lets say 20 and become a merc for a faction (not Khuzaits) then just follow the armies around and see what happens
No no no, at this one I mean the vlandian merc playtrough i started a short time ago and it didn't happen.
And yes, since i first read your thread i wanted to try it and it was weeeird

Cant vote as an merc though and this is not about being vassal even if it persist as such to :smile:

As you know sometimes factions start voting on war or peace declerations. If player is in that faction (as merc or vassal) and if he / she does not click on icon showed up at right of screen (mercenaries cannot do) this voting will not be voted and resulted. After 2 days of time is past icon goes and voting is not done (if player is mercenary you wont see even icon) so new peace or war decleration cannot be taken. This is a bug and already fixed but I do not know when it will be on beta.

Last edited:
KK so after 1.5.4 ? But when im in as merc were at constant war with alot of factions that for some reason have alot of troops when they in past playthrus had not

Ok. It is related to this bug (I explained above). It will be fixed in 1.5.6 (in 3 weeks can be at beta) or maybe I can talk people to send it as hotfix (because seem important)

As you know sometimes factions start voting on war or peace declerations. If player is in that faction (as merc or vassal) and if he / she does not click on icon showed up at right of screen (mercenaries cannot do) this voting will not be voted and resulted. After 2 days of time is past icon goes and voting is not done, so new peace or war decleration cannot be taken. This is a bug and already fixed but I do not know when it will be on beta.
Soo, atleast we know it'll be fixed but i wanted to asked smth else.
Edit: Decided to make another thread later about it, as this one is about something completely different

Back
Top Bottom