Can you arrange marriage for your siblings?

Users who are viewing this thread

It doesn't work yet; No, you can't and probably won't ever

Aw don't be so negative.
I believe the devs said you'll be able to pretty soon.
However I'd love to be able to marry the youngest 2 siblings in another family.
Them getting base noble gear and base skills for leading parties/governing into other families.

Aw don't be so negative.
I believe the devs said you'll be able to pretty soon.
However I'd love to be able to marry the youngest 2 siblings in another family.
Them getting base noble gear and base skills for leading parties/governing into other families.
Marrying - yes. This 'probably won't ever' was meant for making them forming their own clan

i think how it works is that you lose your sister but gain a couple of brother's wives if the marriage works which is a decent deal i guess in terms of character numbers maybe you get alliance and relationship points with the clan that marries your sister.
other than that idk what more could there be?

Are they actually functioning characters?
I'll check.

Totally forgot about this.

They are functioning characters in the sense that I can add them to my party, choose their starting attributes and focus points (12 and 20, respectively), adjust their equipment, interact with them in scenes and have them govern a settlement. But they can't be selected to lead a party, nor any of the other companion functions (running caravans or doing quests).

So call it 50%, partial credit.

My siblings grew up into almost full functionning adults in 1.5.3 i have them lead parties on the map, and i can select them in the dialogue for arranging marriage, and before i could get married i could select them as marriage partners in the "trade" interface, but after i got married myself i couldn't get to the "persuasion" dialogue anymore so it seems broken in that way.

Basically the marriage mini game and dialogue option is the same for you and your brothers/kids which means if you want to marry your siblings you have to seduce the person instead by declaring you are their most fervent admirer, but this option is not there anymore once you are yourself married.

I will try to load a save before i got married to see if it works.
edit : i tried, selecting my brother in the trade interface still results in me being married.
Mount-and-Blade-II-Bannerlord-Singleplayer-PID-5660-Win64-Shipping-Client-Msvc14-Managed-CProgram-Fi.jpg

I can't get them on caravan or quests as well like the person above me, but leading parties works. If i remember correctly you can even get them to fight as kids in your party which is hilarious, but all their skills were zero, and i couldn't choose their attributes and focus points until they level up.

Last edited:
Yeah the siblings are different because they aren't born during the campaign. Basically any offspring created by you and your spouse or NPCs after you've started a campaign won't become fully functioning characters.

It wouldn't result in new clans. It would just be a member of one clan marrying into another. I wonder if it will depend on sex of the character as to whether they stay or join the other clan?

Back
Top Bottom