Wars too scripted

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr-Shinobi

So after many campaigns during my 1.4k hours playing this game ive now came to the conclusion that the wars are for the most part scripted.
As i went back to playing as Sturgians right now ive noticed as always that both Battania and Vladians (now with an short war with Khuzaits after some patching) are going in to war with you as they massacre your western side straight from the start. It didnt take them many days to take over those cities.
Its np for me having this kind of action if the ai now should have choosen that way. The only thing that is not alright is that the game feels so scripted and almost same stuff happen all the time. No matter which country youre with usually the same wars breaks out along with some small diversities here and there. Please correct me if i might have seen this wrong but most of my play thrus which is a lot from all sides usually looks the same. I wanted to be sure before i went out with this statement since ive seen some small diversities here and there but still it usually looks the same depending on which faction you join since the pressure is on towards that one instead. -But i could also remember some things wrong to, so i put some reservation for gaps in my memory bank :wink:-

JJiyWBr.png

Last edited:
wars are delcared based on a couple of factors one being do they border us (you dont see sturgia and the aseria go to war often) another factor is are we in a war already (recent updates made this a thing) and finally how strong are they

this means that the reason sturgia go to war with valandia all the time is due to borders and valandia being demmed weaker than sturgia but then battania is like well sturgia is at war so lets delcare on them since they cant fight everyone so now sturgia has to try and sue valandia for peace

now dont get me wrong the system isnt perfect but they are still working on it from what ive heard

Yes they are trying to improve it due time but they need to cut these scripted wars off. Getting tired of same wars all the time from the start. I want diversities and strategical wars to that are not tied to you joining the faction but the Kings and his/hers Vassals doings as you being a part of it
I don't see them as scripted as it happens way often and between the same nations so that might appear as a scripted thing. Idk, but to me the battanians get big loss if not helped by player, the vlandians i almost never happen to fight them or play with them because of many factors but i plan a playtrough with them and quess i'll see how often the wars start the same. And to the sturgians idk man, they either get destroyed by the khuzaits or vlandians in every playtrough i have.
Maybe some new factors to change how the ai starts wars or how the conflicts happen, i can't really think of any example but you get what i mean.

There is no evidence of scripted wars. The fact that in the beginning the same wars start is the result of the decision-making algorith being fed the same data every time (every campaign starts more or less the same) and coming up with the same outcome. Which makes perfect logical sense.

Strange because Battanians got a lot of more horses to their regular armies now which shows in the Auto Battles like the same as for Khuzaits. Ive seen them riding in with an army of 700 and chased down an army of 300 like nothing because of the cav bonus

HOW TF??
Dude are you sure that some khuzaits didn't join them? My Battanians ussually have **** for horses, maybe about 60 every army

Can understand some aspects of this because of balancing and that they dont want armies to march to the other side of the map for some castles that they cant hold. That part i like that they have switched (partly). But what i dont like is the same old wars and situations happening like deja vue all the time
Well yes, gets annoying after some time, but that changes through the magic of playing another faction :smile:

Maybe the problem is that the seed for every campaign is at the start the same. Sturgia and Vlandia will start at war with each other, so will Southern Empire and Aserai, Battania and Western Empire, and Northern Empire and Khuzaits.

If would be nice to see if things were shaken a little bit up at the start of each campaign. For example instead of pitting Vlandia against Sturgia, let Vlandia and Battania have it out for each other at the start of the campaign. Maybe let the Sturgians go against the Northern Empire and switch the other factions around.

Maybe the problem is that the seed for every campaign is at the start the same. Sturgia and Vlandia will start at war with each other, so will Southern Empire and Aserai, Battania and Western Empire, and Northern Empire and Khuzaits.

If would be nice to see if things were shaken a little bit up at the start of each campaign. For example instead of pitting Vlandia against Sturgia, let Vlandia and Battania have it out for each other at the start of the campaign. Maybe let the Sturgians go against the Northern Empire and switch the other factions around.
Well the Battanians will just get screwed as they are surrounded by the Vlandians

Well ive played all the factions full play thrus like at least 5 times if not more and most of them usually looks basically the same depending on how much i want to affect the war that is. Well all but Khuzaits because Khuzaits are to easy and boring to play atm because of that
That's why if i'm not making my own kingdom i join the empire that gets defeated by the khuzaits so it adds some spice to the experience. After finishing the game with my kingdom for the first time i think i'm gonna start a modded vlandia playtroug to see how they roll. Always astonished by the fact that they have 7 or 8 cities from the beginning.

Im not talking about your own kingdom here...Never tried that one out yet since i dont like being directed to an narrow path in these type of games. Im just following the Ai around with around 20 men so i dont affect the war to much so to speak just to see how the AI reacts. Sometimes i go all in to see how far you can push it ofc depending on the play style i pick. I mean i have been managing to conquer Calradia as an vassal once with Sturgs so its possible but where pretty hard since their vassals incl the King dont know how to get reinforcements and liked to starve them out to as per usual in every army ^^ And dont forget that they used to get tag teamed by 3-4 factions as well before. Now they seemed to cut it to two instead... It have become better but is still a problem
Damn, haven't been following the AI since my first playtrough. I loved going around watching their fight play out, because i stayed out they had less men than the enemy army so the enemy always attacked, and when the battle started i got in reinforcing my guys, but if the fight was huge and i couldn't make a difference i was just following them waiting to get them divided and then pick them one by one. Pretty fun stuff especially for the beggining of the game.
But back to your problem, yeah it's cool to just observe how the AI plays out, but i'm not doing that always as i like playing out my own wars with my army's and such which is kinda impossible when THERE ARE 4 GODDAMN ARMIES AND ALL THE VASSALS ARE IN THEM DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT RECRUITING MEN AFTER A BIG BATTLE.
Damn, it's cool commenting on forums during online classes :smile:

Exactly :smile: And i want it randomized to a little with some smart AI behind the mechanic starting and ending wars when its needed and good time for it. Not just for the sake of scripts

The ending is not scripted. Everything else besides the first wars between the factions is dynamically computed.

I have to disagree on that. Changing primary targets for war just shifts the factions that are at war. The monotony of the same factions being at war stays the same. And as much as I would like to see more dynamic in the game the factions are too imbalanced to achive that. Khuzait will always stomp whoever they are at war against and sturgia will mostly get stomped. If factions are ballanced (someday) we could see more diverse wars. But for now this will rarely happen I think. I have seen sturgia defending themself and NE taking castles in Khuzait territory. But after some time it all went the way we have seen many times. Sturgia getting stomped and Khuzait taking back their land and expanding.

I have to disagree on that. Changing primary targets for war just shifts the factions that are at war. The monotony of the same factions being at war stays the same. And as much as I would like to see more dynamic in the game the factions are too imbalanced to achive that. Khuzait will always stomp whoever they are at war against and sturgia will mostly get stomped. If factions are ballanced (someday) we could see more diverse wars. But for now this will rarely happen I think. I have seen sturgia defending themself and NE taking castles in Khuzait territory. But after some time it all went the way we have seen many times. Sturgia getting stomped and Khuzait taking back their land and expanding.
Talking about sturgia getting stomped, poor grandpa Lucon wouldn't agree so much, not to mention uncle Garios.

Dont be sad, there will always be time. But since you seem to be studying, that is more important for your future in the long run :smile: There will always be time for games in between :wink:
Yeah ik but online it just sucks, while i was at school phisically i played BL or damn everything else like once a weel excluding weekends

Yeah online isnt the same thing but it tests your discipline for sure ^^ Hopefully this pandemic will be over soon for the sake of all...If not we might have an Mad max to happen :wink:
I'd say i would like a mad max situation for how much i loved the game but i don't think i'm ready

F2i6SAI.png

Also look at this. Last time i played Vladians they where not this active over here so early on with so much reinforcements...They where basically surviving against Battania instead and Empire.
They are mainly peacefull in my games, rarely having 2 wars at the same time but now i really want to start a game with them.
I fought them only 3-4 times while having my kingdom and playing for the battanians and we destroyed their armies, but never actually had a siege on them
It is always weird when joining a faction because look at the vlandians for example, they are scary when u don't know what they're doing but weird and simple when joining them.

Back
Top Bottom