Long Glaive VRS Rhomphalia, the truth about Single player mounted melee superiority... or not who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

People are always asking about how to get Rhomphalia and I tell them to get a long glaive at the local Khuz-mart and they don't believe me that's = or >

Here you go for you comparing pleasure. As you see they're almost the same.
You could argue the Rhomphalia's swing speed is better then the +damage from the Long glaive, since enough damage to kill is enough damage to kill and such.
But the LG also has wee bit more reach...so... idduno. In my experience there's no discernable difference between the two in performance in mounted battle.
I'm pretty sure the 150X price difference is solely because the Long Glaive can be 1 handed and so the game only considers it's damage in 1 handed mode and give is a very low value..

The Rhomphalia does have one other advantage, it has a longer part of the weapon that is the "blade" that actually does damage.

Yes, I agree the pricing in this game needs a major overhaul though.

The Rhomphalia does have one other advantage, it has a longer part of the weapon that is the "blade" that actually does damage.
That's very logical but I'm not sure bannerlord actually registers it properly.
This is anecdotal but in many many duels with steppe bandit bosses I have come to believe it doesn't matter if you get hit with the glaive head or the shaft.
Even in full hug MMA mode they can do massive damage by gently bumping your side with the shaft. In the recent versions they can even crush through a shield with the shaft. I've made a complaint about this but you know how TW jumps right on complaint and suggestions.
Likewise it's almost unheard of to connect with less then leathal damage with a long glaive in mounted combat. Sure that doesn't prove it doesn't matter what part hits, but I'm very skeptical that they've coded it in, or if they did the difference is not big enough...or other ****ery is at foot messing it up.

The shaft tends to do less damage if you hit the target. For further information:

I linked the relevant part, but the full video is worth a watch.

If the shaft is doing too much damage, then yes, that too needs a change.

Since I tested both weapons I can say that the LG is the better weapon on horse. The speed is of less relevance on horse and the length/shaft is just something you can get used to. On a personal note I have to say I like the Romphaia more. Even on foot it does a good job and simply feels less clunky. But the LG is clearly better in my experience. What ever you hit dies, can´t say the same about the romphaia.

Yes, I agree the pricing in this game needs a major overhaul though.
I disagree. The idea that you should have no equipment progression after the first year is silly.

I fully support upper tier equipment being more expensive then a workshop or Caravan. I also feel there should be diminishing returns when selling equipment, or rather, they are only willing to buy equipment for a fixed price. It’s the money you get for selling all the gear after a fight that makes the values wonky, not the fact it take you a cities worth of workshops to get the best weapon in the game

the rhomphaia certainly has a bit more blade so bigger hit box or impact point from that video.
but i think the long glaive is better vs horsemen and rhomphaia better vs infantry. whether you are mounted or not

still, being able to get the long glaive 40 days into the game from a tournament is pretty sweet. it's basically my default weapon until my smithing is legendary and i can create +10 weapons. then i make a couchable 225-235 reach long glaive with +10 swing speed (craft rng reload spam)

Back
Top Bottom