2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, CNN just projected Biden the winner in Pennsylvania based on the fact not enough votes remain to put Trump in the lead. Yes, Bi;gesi, Trump was dead tp me long before that but, as a military veteran, hearing him say veterans were losers and suckers was unpleasant.

EmPBdyTVkAIH9_y

Well, well. I suppose they don't give up that easily.

Yeah at this point it's beyond pathetic. And honestly I think that this is where I draw the line. Anyone who still supports Trump after this has lost the benefit of the doubt as far as I am concerned.

The sickness is real. From the golf course: "

The Associated Press
Sat, November 7, 2020, 9:09 AM PST

Text of a statement from President Donald Trump on the election result:
“We all know why Joe Biden is rushing to falsely pose as the winner, and why his media allies are trying so hard to help him: they don’t want the truth to be exposed. The simple fact is this election is far from over. Joe Biden has not been certified as the winner of any states, let alone any of the highly contested states headed for mandatory recounts, or states where our campaign has valid and legitimate legal challenges that could determine the ultimate victor. In Pennsylvania, for example, our legal observers were not permitted meaningful access to watch the counting process. Legal votes decide who is president, not the news media.
“Beginning Monday, our campaign will start prosecuting our case in court to ensure election laws are fully upheld and the rightful winner is seated. The American People are entitled to an honest election: that means counting all legal ballots, and not counting any illegal ballots. This is the only way to ensure the public has full confidence in our election. It remains shocking that the Biden campaign refuses to agree with this basic principle and wants ballots counted even if they are fraudulent, manufactured, or cast by ineligible or deceased voters. Only a party engaged in wrongdoing would unlawfully keep observers out of the count room – and then fight in court to block their access.
“So what is Biden hiding? I will not rest until the American People have the honest vote count they deserve and that Democracy demands.”

From what I understand it can be 50/50, it has happened once in the past. In that case they need to figure out a way to work together to avoid paralysis.

Is there a brief summary of major Christian denominations in the US? Methodist Presbyterian Baptist etc

Fun random related fact: if you talk to an Evangelical in the US, chances are that they will tell you that Catholics are not Christians and they hate Jesus (happened to me here in Texas).

What does the senate look like - anyone know? Can it be 50/50 or will a vice president always give majority to one party?
TWo run-off elections remain, both in Georgia.
Jacob, you neglected Methodist, which was the heart of the anti-slavery movement. Nowadays they kinda dull, but in the 16th, 17th, 18th and `19th centuries they were fervent abolitionists.

Last edited:

Just an article on disinformation campaigns which I thought was an interesting read.

and this is an analysis of a Fox News going even lower than one would have thought... The Atlantic is probably one of my favorite news outlets, they always go very in depth with their articles.

Just an article on disinformation campaigns which I thought was an interesting read.

and this is an analysis of a Fox News going even lower than one would have thought... The Atlantic is probably one of my favorite news outlets, they always go very in depth with their articles.

That Atlantic article and others it linked to from their archive had some interesting insgihts for me. One where they showed short clips of various Fox News presenters contradicting themselves in separate bulletins about the coronavirus (to paraprhase; "....this hoax" and "we never said the virus was a hoax") made me think of Sunset Beach, an amusingly trashy American soap opera I watched on Channel 5 in the late 90s. The mannerisms, tone of voice and facial expressions are nearly comical in the sense that they seem out of place in a supposed news programme. More like a soap opera or the partisan assessments of an infommercial.

What is also interesting is that behind the scenes, various Fox News personnel are ashamed and afraid of the lies the station tells, even as they play their part in it. Another little snippet was that the executives were ordering deep cleans of their offices, even when they were telling their viewers it was nothing to worry about, just a hoax to bring down their president.

Last edited:
Oh I know for a fact that not everyone at Fox News is OK with the way they are presenting things. Chris Wallace has expressed frustration more than once, and I have seen some less known journalists losing it a bit when confronted with what Trump is saying about the elections.

I think that there are two things that we need to distinguish between. One is politics, and you know there we all have our opinions and we discuss about it and agree and disagree on many things. One is what is real and what isn't. If we can not agree on what the basic reality is anymore it becomes incredibly difficult to have constructive conversations, people get confused and, inevitably, scared, and then the field is ripe for the taking for someone like Trump.

This is pretty much what has been happening since 2016, heck it could go even further back with that with conspiracy theories on where Obama was born. Imo that was the very beginning of an organized disinformation campaign that has led us where we are today.

Back
Top Bottom