MP Sci-Fi Fantasy Jedi Knight - Legends From The New Republic

Users who are viewing this thread

OXkmvh7.png

92EIj6H.png

'Jedi Knight - Legends From The New Republic' is an upcoming MP mod. It is planned to take advantage of Bannerlord's modding capabilities in order to create a captivating MMORPG. Inspired by the older titles of this series and Quake, it will be a character centric hardcore open world combat experience (quite a stretch). Uh, imagine Battlefront, 2xJedi Knight and The Old Republic in a mixer.
Players can create their own custom characters via a variety of options such as species and background.
While everyone could potentially learn Force abilities, it will be a drag. And not the only option of gameplay.
Become a Bounty Hunter, an Imperial Agent, a New Republic Mechanic... it will be up to the players to shape their destiny.
Each game will reward players possibly with super-rare gear out of a huge selection, which they can use to further develop their personal character.
Bannerlord's features such as crafting and skill development will be adjusted accordingly.
6JYscsO.png

TBA
BSJApUd.png

TBA​

Last edited:
I want to hear more about this, especially the setting.
Star Wars: Jedi Knight III would have been the third game in the Jedi Knight series featuring Kyle Katarn, but was cancelled in 2002. But those games were primarily singleplayer with multiplayer battle modes. Would this have a singleplayer story in the same vein, or would it be more like Star Wars: Battlefront?

Though the subtitle, "Legends of the Old Republic" suggests it takes place during the time of the Knights of the Old Republic games or the current Bioware MMORPG, while the Jedi Knight series were set contemporary to the original trilogy.
Any of these settings would be cool, but the name is a little confusing.

News: I am sorry, I changed the concept of this mod from Old Republic to New Republic! I made this decision because it gives me more creative liberty. While I will probably not be limiting myself to canon and/or legends material, it is a newer and fresher frontier. Also, the mod will be more MP focused than SP. I will edit the entry in time.

I am looking forward to this. And I wish you the best of luck!
Thank You!

I am thinking about concepts day and night to make this Jedi Knight experience memorable. Taking inspiration now from the Mandalorian show as well. I hope to finalize everything to get to real work, mostly being combat, as soon as possible.
There will be a Discord channel soon for whoever is interested in following newest updates, chatting and helping out.

I am very excited to hear some news on this project. Can't wait for the Discord too. I would like to help but I have little experience in modding. The best thing I can do is making suggestions or helping creating concepts. Maybe making maps would be possible for me in the future. I appreciate your effort.

I come with news:
There is a Trello page for the upcoming mod now!

First things first: I will start the work on a lightsaber prototype and adjust combat parameters as soon as I feel confident enough with the given tools. Discord server is up and running, but will remain private for a while.

Last edited:
I plan on catapulting the time of the events of this mod to the future by a few decades and revising the ST content, such as bringing more content back from the non-canon timeline and trying to find a way to get rid of MaRey Sue. Thoughts?

Last edited:
So basically taking the best from the ST and combining it with the old Legends timeline? It could work but the ST is not very popular as an era.
Leaving Rey out completly is good tho. Maybe you could draw inspiration from some ST concept art. Make some alternate universe in which Rey didn't exist and change up a bit of the aesthethics of the factions.

So basically taking the best from the ST and combining it with the old Legends timeline? It could work but the ST is not very popular as an era.
Leaving Rey out completly is good tho. Maybe you could draw inspiration from some ST concept art. Make some alternate universe in which Rey didn't exist and change up a bit of the aesthethics of the factions.
Make Rey never exist at all instead of a timeskip? That works for me too. Honestly, making a full stop at the new "TV shows" without going into the new trilogy material, basically diverging our timeline before anything with poor story-telling gets to exists...
There a lot of possibilities here.
F.e. the Mandalorian is too good right now to just regard it as sequel material and leave it out. I'd say, as things stand right now, we make a new timeline starting at the end of S2. From there, it could work like a live-service game with new updates with every new show coming up.

Edit: Just noticed... this would go well with the mod's name

Last edited:
I mean, from what I understand, the deluge or that other mp mod that people play that has persistent save and mmo-like features; it's definitely possible. Given the right assets but as with anything star wars watch out for disney. Greedy bastards copyright strike everything.

nTvSzPg.png

Greetings everyone! It has been a bit by now.
So I wanted to talk about some major points here:
Timeline, Player Progression and Development.
The current plan is to stay in the current canon realm of Star Wars. "Legends from the New Republic" will pick of a 150 years after the events of "The Rise of Skywalker". Most characters from the movies will be long gone. However, The Jedi Order will be led my Grandmaster Grogu (of the Mandalorian clan) Djarin. Aiding the New Republic, they will be the light on its frontiers.
The New Republic has new-found allies - and enemies:
The Sith Eternal - having lost their ultimate host, Palpatine, they returned with loyal followers to the Unknown Regions. Their aim is to once again establish the Sith Academy.
The Imperial Remnants - still officially the Galactic Empire, are a loose union of Imperial Warlords, which managed to gain vast amounts of power during the absence of law and order, and Imperial royalties. Although they have named an Emperor, the person in charge is no Sith but a Grand Moff&Admiral. They mostly condemn the Sith Eternal and their ways, fearing they could takeover their fragile power at a moment's notice.
These evil factions are casting a shadow onto the Mandalorians, other Free Systems and even The New Republic.
Whether they will choose to fight alone or with the New Republic... that is for us to find out.
Still with me after that tiring bit?
I am currently still working alone on this. Well, did not really request help yet.
But, as for the current situation, I would like to add a winning formula.
The major game mode, that will be added when everything else has been exhausted, will be called "Galaxy".
More to that in another devblog. The standard mode I will be focusing my entire time will be more along the lines of CoD Progression.
You play, you gain experience, you get an item unlocked.
Same with force powers... and anything really.
Start with bad gear, end with good gear. The appeal, hopefully, will be the gameplay and way to the top.
Honestly, I am having the simplest errors currently. I will stop trying to figure out the SDK for a short while and just work on getting assets ready. I tried my luck with particle systems for the lightsaber blade, but I am not sure if that would really work well... considering I did not see relevant options in case the player decides to ... move ... with the lightsaber. Moving... no way.
7YPMWw5.jpg
1u7e9YE.png

I will post some beskar armor next time.

Hello there!
sWOlGJr.jpg

07.04.2021 Update
I am currently applying to a university to study Game Development BA. It comes with having to do an assignment for that, so in short:
I will start working on this project again in approx. 2-3 months​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom