[Bug?] Slight Freeze/Delay After Scene Change in Overworld (b1.5.4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey Butterlords,

I have just returned to check the state of the game & have been pleasantly surprised that many issues I had noticed are getting handled. This is great!

Unfortunately I have been encountering an issue that is either due to previous mods, or that I can't seem to articulate well enough to find another thread.
But whenever I scene change such as go into a city or leave a fight, I have a solid 2 or 3 second delay before I start moving after I register a time resume/movement command. This happens consistently every time I leave a scene & I'm unable to move for a few seconds even if I am clicking.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? I have modded the game pretty heavily in the past but am not using any now, and have already reinstalled to try to fix. If noone else is experiencing this then I will just have to go back through and purge all the file folders.

That is the game autosaving. It changed in a recent patch.

No, I think a developer said it was some kind of distance calculation that got out of hand everyime you went onto the world map again (If that's what he means) and it's about to get fixed. I might be wrong tho and I'm talking about something else.

No, I think a developer said it was some kind of distance calculation that got out of hand everyime you went onto the world map again (If that's what he means) and it's about to get fixed. I might be wrong tho and I'm talking about something else.
Do you know which dev said that, I'm curious? Imho it's an autosave issue because whenever I do a quick save I get the same kind of freezing and it's the same amount of time. The game auto saves after every battle now and also quite frequently when coming out of a settlement. The game use to autosave maybe every 10 minutes or so before but now it does it much more frequently. If it's another issue and it's getting dealt with that would be great to hear. If it's an autosave issue then they need to give us options on how often we want the game to autosave.

I definitely have a map freeze everytime I go to travel, but I also assumed it was me playing a gaming laptop versus a gaming PC (still need to get it fixed)

Back
Top Bottom