corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Yet here you are, responding with nothing of substance to show for. You're not being oppressed or censored. You made a mistake and were corrected. That's it. There's no reason for theatrics.

Ah, this one continues to bark. Very well, I will indulge you at the risk of being censored again and "warned" for expressing the natural human behaviour of curiosity and scepticism.

For what eddiemccandless said previously

" I am sorry, but nothing of what you say makes any sense, and you are spreading misinformation in a time when one really should not.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7510705/ on the masks and why they are important.
Michel Chossudovsky is a known conspiracy theorist, therefore I won't even entertain anything he says. "

Doesn't answer anything except a link which explains the use of cloth masks. The link I provided questioning the alleged numbers of the virus gives a brief explanation as to why they are questionable and why there is so much fear mongering. After all, many British people have jokingly used the "test kits" in unused beverages and food, along with other odd things to test the validity of the tests... most (if not all coming back positive).

I would provide videos of that, but I'd probably get banned.

The very fact that Eddie uses the whole "he's a conspiracy theorist so I'm not even gonna bother" is quite similar to people who refuse to debate with holocaust deniers that have actually been in those areas (like Ursula Haverbeck) on the basis that they are either racist or crazy (a typical Communist style counter-revolutionary behaviour to shut down opposition without actually debating with them to find out the truth).

As for

"And the reason why I don't is that if we were to debunk every reptilian story that's out there we would be doing that all day. Russel's teapot and all that.
Your link from the canadian report is also fake (the link is real, but the story is not) https://factcheck.afp.com/leak-canada-lockdown-plans-fake
Here's a thorough debunking of your first YouTube video. "

I don't know about any reptilians, nor did I mention reptilians or provide a video talking about reptilians... you might want to watch a some animal documentaries about that, with the legendary David Attenborough.

The link about the Canadian report is certainly questionable and this link Eddie responded with is interesting, but once again it doesn't actually prove that it is fake. I'm not Canadian nor do I live in Canada, so I cannot personally investigate and conform or deny it. But the article provided by Eddie

From the article:
" The content of these posts is presented as a secret, internal message from an anonymous person, thus hard to formally prove or disprove. What should be questioned is the origin of the source, says Jeffrey Dvorkin, a University of Toronto journalism teacher whose book on misinformation is about to be published. "

Naturally, any government would refute information that goes against their own agenda. In the same article a fact check link is provided:

" Government-run quarantine facilities are allowed in Canada under the Quarantine Act, passed in 2005 under Liberal prime minister Paul Martin. "
I don't know if you realise this... it might be shocking information, but... politicians CAN lie you know? Just look at how elections are won in "democratic" nations.

"The link from the guardian is true, but that has more to do with how hospitals are regulated in the US than anything else.

As far as the last video goes, he is pretty spot on. If you actually watch it, he says that the biggest misconception about covid is that it's a disease that only affects the very old or the inferm. Which is true, but it seems to go against everything else that you are pandering, so my guess would be that you just saw the thumbnail and didn't actually watch the video :smile: . You should, it would do you good. "

Unfortunately, the links about the hospitals were removed, so I'm guessing that's a hot button issue, considering even NHS staff in Britain are losing their jobs for talking about it, so I won't go on.

As for the last video, I did watch it, it was spot on and was the very information I received from family doctors within my own tribe.

My original comment that was censored was not cemented in support for either side, but rather to see what people thought in an effort to discover truth. I personally take precautions such as wearing a mask outdoors, during work and when in the company of others that are not part of my household. But at the same time, when I was made aware that people may not be able to work or travel without taking an anti-covid vaccination (which is already happening in China, again, would provide a video, but will probably get banned).

The attack-dog behaviour in these responses has also made me question the cult-like behaviour of people who have accepted the majority view.

There is my response with "substance"
Cute Anime Girl

I wish you good health in this pandemic.

I don't understand why you see my post as "attack dog" behavior. I pointed out the misinformation in the post that you made, and provided sources with more reliable data. Would you please quote exactly what portion of my post is attacking you?

Regarding the merit of your answer, let me put it this way. If I need to replace the valve cover gasket on my car and I don't know how to go about doing that, I probably won't go and follow the advice of "Lazy Eye" uncle Murray who is known for suggesting that you put gasoline in diesel cars because "it cleans up the engine". I will try to get advice from someone who is known to be good at that sort of thing. Uncle Murray is nice and all, but he is a bit of a cuckoo. That is why one tends not to take seriously what people who are known for peddling conspiracy theories say.

As for the numbers for covid being questionable, they are questionable both ways. The reports could either overestimate or underestimate the toll. I am not sure what you expect me to say about that, it's how it works for pretty much anything that collects data on that scale. If you are suggesting that there is a deliberate misrepresentation of numbers, I have no way of proving that that is not true, just like I don't have any way to prove that I didn't have fried squirrels for breakfast this morning. And this is what I meant when I referred to Russel's tea pot. One can not disprove a random statement, the person suggesting the crazy idea is the one who has to support it with solid proof, and the proof needs to be more solid the more the statement is wild and crazy, to paraphrase Isaac Asimov.

The reason why I felt the need to answer your original post, is that some of the things you were spreading are doing serious damage. Suggesting that masks are dangerous, when they have been shown time and again to be a good way to reduce the contagion, is not just false, but irresponsible and when combined to systematic downplaying of covid leads people to engage in dangerous behavior. It is akin to screaming FIRE! FIRE! in a movie theater.

And finally, you can not "discover the truth" through a google search. You can get some information that might or might not answer some of your questions, but that's about it. There are many things about what is happening this year that we won't know for sure until years from now, if ever.

I don't understand why you see my post as "attack dog" behavior. I pointed out the misinformation in the post that you made, and provided sources with more reliable data. Would you please quote exactly what portion of my post is attacking you?

Regarding the merit of your answer, let me put it this way. If I need to replace the valve cover gasket on my car and I don't know how to go about doing that, I probably won't go and follow the advice of "Lazy Eye" uncle Murray who is known for suggesting that you put gasoline in diesel cars because "it cleans up the engine". I will try to get advice from someone who is known to be good at that sort of thing. Uncle Murray is nice and all, but he is a bit of a cuckoo. That is why one tends not to take seriously what people who are known for peddling conspiracy theories say.

As for the numbers for covid being questionable, they are questionable both ways. The reports could either overestimate or underestimate the toll. I am not sure what you expect me to say about that, it's how it works for pretty much anything that collects data on that scale. If you are suggesting that there is a deliberate misrepresentation of numbers, I have no way of proving that that is not true, just like I don't have any way to prove that I didn't have fried squirrels for breakfast this morning. And this is what I meant when I referred to Russel's tea pot. One can not disprove a random statement, the person suggesting the crazy idea is the one who has to support it with solid proof, and the proof needs to be more solid the more the statement is wild and crazy, to paraphrase Isaac Asimov.

The reason why I felt the need to answer your original post, is that some of the things you were spreading are doing serious damage. Suggesting that masks are dangerous, when they have been shown time and again to be a good way to reduce the contagion, is not just false, but irresponsible and when combined to systematic downplaying of covid leads people to engage in dangerous behavior. It is akin to screaming FIRE! FIRE! in a movie theater.

And finally, you can not "discover the truth" through a google search. You can get some information that might or might not answer some of your questions, but that's about it. There are many things about what is happening this year that we won't know for sure until years from now, if ever.

Oh not you as much, your responses were decent. I was referring to the side kick "Anime girl" and the Moderator warnings and threats of banning.

"The reason why I felt the need to answer your original post, is that some of the things you were spreading are doing serious damage. Suggesting that masks are dangerous, when they have been shown time and again to be a good way to reduce the contagion, is not just false, but irresponsible and when combined to systematic downplaying of covid leads people to engage in dangerous behavior. It is akin to screaming FIRE! FIRE! in a movie theater."

Fair enough, that is how you saw it, but not how I did.

Most of these conspiratorial guys present themselves as a person that's '''''just asking questions'''' because it means you can say whatever you want without being held accountable. It's just a cowardly and dishonest way of saying you just want to rant about your fanfic undisurbed. Any sort of thought contrary to the little world they build in their head is such a blow to their ego that it must be vicious. The most mild-mannered pushback is an excuse to cry Marxism for these people.

So why did you feel the need to label me as "Captain Snowflake" and to compare me to gestapo?

It was likely because you went on all attack mode, accusing me of spreading disinformation while attempting to "debunk" several items on the list. It seems like that type of behaviour is common in the gaming world, where someone (or even a company) can say or do something, only to be ridiculed by people who have their feelings easily hurt.

I compared you to the gestapo because it seemed very odd that you appeared soon after I had posted that comment to intervene and crash it. It was strange that a moderator would soon after remove it and give warnings out which I still don't actually understand. That is something I would expect if I called President Xi Jinping, Winnie the Pooh on a Chinese Social Media website, not a game forum from a International-Turk company.

It's also odd that you have this... creature? following you around cheer leading your responses ? but okay, maybe it just desires your attention?

Oh not you as much, your responses were decent. I was referring to the side kick "Anime girl" and the Moderator warnings and threats of banning.

"The reason why I felt the need to answer your original post, is that some of the things you were spreading are doing serious damage. Suggesting that masks are dangerous, when they have been shown time and again to be a good way to reduce the contagion, is not just false, but irresponsible and when combined to systematic downplaying of covid leads people to engage in dangerous behavior. It is akin to screaming FIRE! FIRE! in a movie theater."

Fair enough, that is how you saw it, but not how I did.

It was likely because you went on all attack mode, accusing me of spreading disinformation while attempting to "debunk" several items on the list. It seems like that type of behaviour is common in the gaming world, where someone (or even a company) can say or do something, only to be ridiculed by people who have their feelings easily hurt.

You don't see the contradiction between these two posts? Or with you talking about others having their feelings easily hurt in the same post where you complain about being mistreated, for that matter?

And I am not accusing you of spreading disinformation, that is exactly what that post was doing. It's not an accusation, it's a statement.

You don't see the contradiction between these two posts? Or with you talking about others having their feelings easily hurt in the same post where you complain about being mistreated, for that matter?

And I am not accusing you of spreading disinformation, that is exactly what that post was doing. It's not an accusation, it's a statement.

I do not. This comment was in response to you thinking I was talking about your behaviour as an attack dog, when I was talking about Anime Girl (the one cheer leading your comments). Being mistreated by moderators is different from people that take offense for other people's sake.

" "The reason why I felt the need to answer your original post, is that some of the things you were spreading are doing serious damage. "

"you were spreading"

This is an accusation. You are accusing me of spreading disinformation to do "serious damage" when I were merely expressing my curiosity of how people came to such conclusions and whether such things had substance or not. And because you did that, I was "moderated" rather than politely warned that such things are forbidden to be discussed or questioned here.

The very fact that Eddie uses the whole "he's a conspiracy theorist so I'm not even gonna bother" is quite similar to people who refuse to debate with holocaust deniers that have actually been in those areas (like Ursula Haverbeck) on the basis that they are either racist or crazy (a typical Communist style counter-revolutionary behaviour to shut down opposition without actually debating with them to find out the truth).
There's definitely no need to discuss anything regarding the Shoa to find some sort of "truth", especially not with Holocaust-deniers. There's nothing to discuss - the Holocaust is an irrefutable fact, documented and proven a thousand times over through documents, publications, contemporary witnesses etc.

To mention Ursula Haverbeck as someone worth debating with, a literal Nazi, who was convicted and jailed for her demagogy in the context of her Holocaust denial, is mind-baffling in its absurdity - especially in a thread concerning Corona.

You were spreading misinformation. That is a fact. It is also a fact that spreading misinformation on Covid is damaging.

What were your intentions in doing so, well that is known only to you.

As far as the moderation goes, I am not a moderator so I am not sure why you bring that up to me. I didn't remove your post. Pm one of the global moderators if it bothers you so much.

obsessed-with-me-1520854567.jpg

The conspiracist is an idiot liar. What a surprise.

Not to forget you called him a Gestapo before I responded. Time to stop being such a snivelling ****ing coward.

I do not. This comment was in response to you thinking I was talking about your behaviour as an attack dog, when I was talking about Anime Girl (the one cheer leading your comments).
What did I say that you can characterize as vicious attack-dog?

And because you did that, I was "moderated" rather than politely warned that such things are forbidden to be discussed or questioned here.
To moderate literally means to make something less severe.

Last edited:
The crisis has been averted in the US. Almost no deaths.

“I went through the CDC data because I kept hearing about new infections, but I was like, 'Well, why aren't they talking about deaths?'" Trump Jr. said, referring to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
"Oh, oh, because the number is almost nothing. Because we've gotten control of this thing, we understand how it works. They have the therapeutics to be able to deal with this."

"It's gone to almost nothing," he repeated ...

Back
Top Bottom