Imported hair mesh appears shinier than vanilla hair mesh

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm trying to import a custom hair mesh.

First I tested by exporting a vanilla hair mesh and reimporting it using the same material, and for some reason it appears shinier in-game. Am I missing a step here?

Vanilla:
screenshot18.png

Exported and reimported:
screenshot17.png

Solution
Probably wrong, but have you considered that the native hair mesh might have some monochrome shadows added as vertex colours underneath variable hair colours to accentuate details. That would darken the native hair colours. It's possible that vertex colours might be lost on export with TpacTool, but I'm just speculating.
when you imported it, it might have done something weird with the coloring. This has happened to me on Unreal Engine 4, I just went to the mesh RGB or color, and recolored it to were it looks gud. Now idk if that helps...

Upvote 0
Of what I know ,it's better to create materials directly in the BL editor , you can't import the settings of a blender material. For the specular creation on a new texture ,@NPC99 said me that :
"Bannerlord speculars need you to stack your Metallic texture in the red channel, your Gloss (or inverted roughness) in the Green channel and your Ambient Occlusion in the Blue channel (before importing the specular texture)"

This information is visible in the official documentation, texture section if I'm right
But I dont know why the original asset loose some brightness in import export :unsure: perhaps a tpac problems

Upvote 0
Probably wrong, but have you considered that the native hair mesh might have some monochrome shadows added as vertex colours underneath variable hair colours to accentuate details. That would darken the native hair colours. It's possible that vertex colours might be lost on export with TpacTool, but I'm just speculating.

Upvote 0
Solution
It may have something to do with these settings. I'll look into it later.

• Divide Into Grid: Divides the meta mesh into grids, and adds all the generated section meshes to the submeshes.
  • Remove Redundant Vertices: The name implies what it does.
  • Recompute Normals: While importing the meta mesh, computes normal vectors for all sub-meshes instead of importing them as well.
  • Normal Computation: Decides whether the normal vector computation will depend on the face area (weighted) or not (default).
  • Recompute Tangents: While importing the meta mesh, computes the tangent vectors for all sub-meshes instead of importing them as well.
  • Whiten: Linear interpolation amount between the vertex color and white per each color channel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom