Vanguard option

Users who are viewing this thread

pinetemplar

Recruit
How often are we chasing some looters through half the map or one army chasing another endlessly? I think having an option to send in you vanguard : all the horsemen under the command of an officer we can appoint in clan/party menu to engage the enemy while other army catches up. Cause full horsemen army should go way faster then our main body and will be able to survive one tick of battle before we catch up.

Buy more cheap horses (no pack horses) for your infantry men...problem solved

How often are we chasing some looters through half the map or one army chasing another endlessly? I think having an option to send in you vanguard : all the horsemen under the command of an officer we can appoint in clan/party menu to engage the enemy while other army catches up. Cause full horsemen army should go way faster then our main body and will be able to survive one tick of battle before we catch up.

You can already do this by forming a small (15-50) party of all-mounted troops under one of your companions. They'll beeline straight for your target and engage, as long as you are close enough to support them.

Buy more cheap horses (no pack horses) for your infantry men...problem solved
Oh what a smart comment.... And how will it help when i am leading an army of let's say 700 men? And even when i have one horse for every footmen i have - this will still help in some cases. Not to mention in cases when you don't have enough horses this will help A LOT.

You can already do this by forming a small (15-50) party of all-mounted troops under one of your companions. They'll beeline straight for your target and engage, as long as you are close enough to support them.
Isn't this a mod functionality? How does it work in vanilla? Can you give your companions such orders?

Oh what a smart comment.... And how will it help when i am leading an army of let's say 700 men? And even when i have one horse for every footmen i have - this will still help in some cases. Not to mention in cases when you don't have enough horses this will help A LOT.
then you have an excellent scout...duh!! Why do you want to chase looters in the first place when you have an 700 man army ? This smells something rotten in the state of Denmark. But sure im not judging...if you want to rp Sheriff of Nottingham im all down for that

8f7de14788ce3ff97f8bd9a7b6212855.gif

Last edited:
Isn't this a mod functionality? How does it work in vanilla? Can you give your companions such orders?

In works fine in vanilla. Make sure you are targeting the party (it should say, "Chasing X's Party" on your status) then go to the Clan screen, Party tab, "Create Party." Select a companion or family member in your party presently and give them some mounted troops (tier doesn't matter, only being mounted). They'll appear on the map and immediately go after the party you have targeted.

I am not sure if this is intended functionality, but it is how I've been using my clan parties to snag faster parties/armies.

In works fine in vanilla. Make sure you are targeting the party (it should say, "Chasing X's Party" on your status) then go to the Clan screen, Party tab, "Create Party." Select a companion or family member in your party presently and give them some mounted troops (tier doesn't matter, only being mounted). They'll appear on the map and immediately go after the party you have targeted.

I am not sure if this is intended functionality, but it is how I've been using my clan parties to snag faster parties/armies.
That's pretty damn smart I never even thought of doing this thanks. (y)

That's pretty damn smart I never even thought of doing this thanks. (y)
yes its also the old school cheesy way to train leadership.oops i said it,,damn it you promised not to teach it out, Oh well some lazy dogs might be happy i guess

then you have an excellent scout...duh!! Why do you want to chase looters in the first place when you have an 700 man army ? This smells something rotten in the state of Denmark. But sure im not judging...if you want to rp Sheriff of Nottingham im all down for that
because this option will be helpful in the first game month when you are still farming looters as well as when you are leading 700 men army and you want to engage that pesky 50-60 men party that is fallowing you. was it so hard to separate those 2? did it require godly amount of intelligence?

Well i presume this is not intended functionality LOL. But this is super useful. Although it requires you to have always one party slot open to do this maneuver so you are sacrificing one party from your clan and kingdom as a price for it.
Will you always be able to put them back in your main army after battle or will they sometimes just run off?

Well i presume this is not intended functionality LOL. But this is super useful. Although it requires you to have always one party slot open to do this maneuver so you are sacrificing one party from your clan and kingdom as a price for it.
Will you always be able to put them back in your main army after battle or will they sometimes just run off?

I've always talked to them right after battle, when the AI is thinking about what to do next, and pulled the troops back into my party. Otherwise, yes, they will run off. To get your companion back is a bit more annoying because you have to disband the party (with only them in it) and they usually head to nearest friendly/neutral settlement.

because this option will be helpful in the first game month when you are still farming looters as well as when you are leading 700 men army and you want to engage that pesky 50-60 men party that is fallowing you. was it so hard to separate those 2? did it require godly amount of intelligence?
well if you didnt had the intelligence to figure out the tip Apocal gave you then its not my fault is it ? This seems to me just about pushing agendas even if i like the ideas of you totally controlling other armies, i dont like it in another way since youre an commander not some puppet master,
Also you leading a 700 man group in the first months seems a bit to unlikely,. If you want to chase something disconnect from the army then come back

well if you didnt had the intelligence to figure out the tip Apocal gave you then its not my fault is it ? This seems to me just about pushing agendas even if i like the ideas of you totally controlling other armies, i dont like it in another way since youre an commander not some puppet master,
Also you leading a 700 man group in the first months seems a bit to unlikely,. If you want to chase something disconnect from the army then come back
Dude you are not smart. And you are not funny also. Just drop it and go shine you "intelligence" some other place - we are trying to improve the game here and you cant even understand that i am talking about 2 separate occasions: one - when you are chasing looters in the first month game time and second - years of game time when you are leading armies. Do i need to make it even more obvious or do you understand now?

Dude you are not smart. And you are not funny also. Just drop it and go shine you "intelligence" some other place - we are trying to improve the game here and you cant even understand that i am talking about 2 separate occasions: one - when you are chasing looters in the first month game time and second - years of game time when you are leading armies. Do i need to make it even more obvious or do you understand now?
Who said anything that i was smart or funny ? You sir seems fishy to me or youre taking it to personal right now

Yep. Good you understand that.
no worries... i might seem a bit to harsh at times to i can admit that :smile: But im rather direct then beating around some bushes. Because i have no time looking for lost rings in the process

no worries... i might seem a bit to harsh at times to i can admit that :smile: But im rather direct then beating around some bushes. Because i have no time looking for lost rings in the process
Yea you are so fast that you don't even understand wtf you are even talking about. So i recommend you take some time reading and thinking about topics before brining yourself into discussion cause to also be direct you look really dumb. Just a friendly observation.

Yea you are so fast that you don't even understand wtf you are even talking about. So i recommend you take some time reading and thinking about topics before brining yourself into discussion cause to also be direct you look really dumb. Just a friendly observation.
Trolling confirmed ? nah just an man trying to rub salt in to his seemed to be lost pride

Back
Top Bottom