My dissapointment grows. Game still feels barren.

Users who are viewing this thread

No idea. It might be a bug causing them to only use the top gear set?
Thank you very much about infomation, I'm not good at digging deeper into files
Can i edit these files to change her equipment or change troops equipment, coz i love mamluk cav and want to have them in 1.5.4

Thank you very much about infomation, I'm not good at digging deeper into files
Can i edit these files to change her equipment or change troops equipment, coz i love mamluk cav and want to have them in 1.5.4

Yeah, the normal troop equipment sets are found in Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData\spnpccharacters.xml
The lords' info is in Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData\lords.xml

Make sure you note that SandBox and SandBoxCore are different folders. Everyone gets them mixed up at least once. I recommend using Notepad++ to edit it; you can do with with just regular notepad, but Notepad++ makes it easier because the text is color-coded.

Yeah, the normal troop equipment sets are found in Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBoxCore\ModuleData\spnpccharacters.xml
The lords' info is in Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData\lords.xml

Make sure you note that SandBox and SandBoxCore are different folders. Everyone gets them mixed up at least once. I recommend using Notepad++ to edit it; you can do with with just regular notepad, but Notepad++ makes it easier because the text is color-coded.
Thanks u so much, i hope one day they will make mamluk cav great again, they are now ugly.

The first several months of beta were nothing but crash fixes for the actual programmers. The art/sound guys are free to do other things, but the programmers have to focus on stability and performance first, features later.

Now that they've ironed out almost all of the crashes, you'll see that 1.5.4 finally implemented basically all the perks that weren't implemented since March when beta started.

I suspect you'll be seeing tons of new features coming over the next few patches now that the major issues are sorted out and perks are implemented. 1.5.4 was huge if you actually read all the notes.

Yes there is. ALL kingship stems from divintiy. (This certainly involved sending out priest, musicians, etc to spread the righteousness of ones deeds.) In laymens terms, you can view the 'right to rule' as having supporters. You cant take a throne -AND KEEP YOUR LIFE- if your subjects dont acknowledge 'your right to rule'. Even Alexander the Great fell to the blade of an assassin. In any case, since all kingship stems from religion. Only someone viewed as god's (or whatever diety) chosen may sit the throne.

As to the gaming aspect... im under the influence its little things like such that made the game so unique. If you dont care for the role play style that made the first game a success than there is other titles out their perfectly suited for you.
Dude what in the world are you going on about? I'm talking about RtR in BL there is no such concept in the game atm. :facepalm:

The first several months of beta were nothing but crash fixes for the actual programmers. The art/sound guys are free to do other things, but the programmers have to focus on stability and performance first, features later.

Now that they've ironed out almost all of the crashes, you'll see that 1.5.4 finally implemented basically all the perks that weren't implemented since March when beta started.

I suspect you'll be seeing tons of new features coming over the next few patches now that the major issues are sorted out and perks are implemented. 1.5.4 was huge if you actually read all the notes.

Tons of new features? I doubt it. The only thing we get is civil wars.

im cool with waiting i just want to know IF these things are even coming.... seems like we have no idea what to expect from this game except more crash fixes

The problem with Bannerlord is that the devs, instead of thinking of new ways to solve the issues of the previous game just pressed delete in a bunch of mechanics

Marriage, sometimes it's too demanding and repetitive to court a lady. Try to think a new way to improve this mechanic and make it more interesting and less tedious? Nope, deleted, get married in two days if you pass 3 dialog checks

Right to rule, cool mechanic in theory since you need people supporting your claim in order to be a king, you can't just take a land and say I'm a king now, wether it's villagers or clan members you would need actual support, in practice it could become tedious and more a task rather than a fun mechanic. How about we find new ways to make this a fun step, and a cool mechanic? Nope, deleted.

Feasts, because wealthy rich people actually loved using their money, rich people didn't just roamed the land making useless armies in peace times just patrolling around nowhere, they had tournaments, drunk wine, talked ****, but it was unbalanced because AI is too dumb to recognize that a feast doesn't make sense when you have one town left. How about improving it, changing the AI, using your imagination? Nope, too much, mechanic deleted goodbye

Apply this to every mechanic missing in Bannerlord, including Multiplayer. I swear in like one year or something mods will turn this game into an actually interesting one, because the bots that lack imagination in this team may be good to do a nice UI and a pretty world but the dynamics and immersion it's a 0, there is 0 creativity into this game, terrible game design

Did they? All this time I've been under the impression that the many things that are missing in BL, or are in (seemingly) simplified, rudimentary states, are missing/simple because those "things" just aren't ready...

However... looking at the devs choices for certain "things"... Banners certainly come to mind... I'm wondering if you may not be wrong here...

AND if you're not wrong... Then that means you may be right.... AND if you're right... I wonder if all the things that have been deleted or simplified have anything to do with THIS:

V7hm9.jpg

This statement was made back in April.^^^

There is a long list of games that have deleted/simplified "things" for the sake of a console release.... Could it be the same with Bannerlord???
For the love of Soon! Say it ain't so!!!

That would make sense as to why the game is so barren. It' fast paced action remember, it's for 13 year old kids who can't sit still to even read a book for 10 minutes. TW is following the cash cow, that's how it works unfortunately. This is not really a niche game anymore.

Did they? All this time I've been under the impression that the many things that are missing in BL, or are in (seemingly) simplified, rudimentary states, are missing/simple because those "things" just aren't ready...

However... looking at the devs choices for certain "things"... Banners certainly come to mind... I'm wondering if you may not be wrong here...

AND if you're not wrong... Then that means you may be right.... AND if you're right... I wonder if all the things that have been deleted or simplified have anything to do with THIS:

V7hm9.jpg

This statement was made back in April.^^^

There is a long list of games that have deleted/simplified "things" for the sake of a console release.... Could it be the same with Bannerlord???
For the love of Soon! Say it ain't so!!!
Well the over simplification on everything is quite obvious, and if it has to do with console release then jesus christ, I would have nothing but disrespect towards them, but it's quite clear they don't give a flying **** at all and we will have to rely on modders, so at this point I don't give a crap, I'm not wasting my time making suggestions anymore

Well the over simplification on everything is quite obvious, and if it has to do with console release then jesus christ, I would have nothing but disrespect towards them, but it's quite clear they don't give a flying **** at all and we will have to rely on modders, so at this point I don't give a crap, I'm not wasting my time making suggestions anymore

I gave up on suggestions as well, seems like a mountain for them to even add anything like actually diplomacy.

In terms of playable content, which is what this discussion was about, I wouldn't call it huge.

• Added 31 combat-related primary and secondary throwing perk effects to the game. This should complete all throwing perks in the current design.
  • Added 25 campaign side Roguery perks.
  • Added 31 campaign side Tactics perks.
  • Added 40 campaign side Scouting perks.
  • Added 38 campaign side Steward perks.
  • Added 33 campaign side Trade perks.

Added 5 new villages.
Added new clans.
Added new quests.
Fixed most of the old quests and added new options to several.
You no longer need to scene change and load to talk to notables in towner centers, keeps, and taverns.
Fixed the memory leaks and CPU spikes which were making the game super laggy and annoying.

That's pretty significant compared to the last 6 months of patches which were mainly crash fixes.

I mean, they're not going to give us a new continent or dozens of new cities and a new faction. That's what modding tools and expansions are for.

Once the siege AI/pathing, the economy, and blacksmithing are fixed there's not going to be much left in the way of major high priority fixes. Then they'll be able to program things like feasts, weddings, duels, hiring or dealing with assassins, multi-stage sieges, real diplomacy options, etc.

• Added 31 combat-related primary and secondary throwing perk effects to the game. This should complete all throwing perks in the current design.
  • Added 25 campaign side Roguery perks.
  • Added 31 campaign side Tactics perks.
  • Added 40 campaign side Scouting perks.
  • Added 38 campaign side Steward perks.
  • Added 33 campaign side Trade perks.

Added 5 new villages.
Added new clans.
Added new quests.
Fixed most of the old quests and added new options to several.
You no longer need to scene change and load to talk to notables in towner centers, keeps, and taverns.
Fixed the memory leaks and CPU spikes which were making the game super laggy and annoying.

That's pretty significant compared to the last 6 months of patches which were mainly crash fixes.

I mean, they're not going to give us a new continent or dozens of new cities and a new faction. That's what modding tools and expansions are for.

Once the siege AI/pathing, the economy, and blacksmithing are fixed there's not going to be much left in the way of major high priority fixes. Then they'll be able to program things like feasts, weddings, duels, hiring or dealing with assassins, multi-stage sieges, real diplomacy options, etc.

They put things like feasts, weddings, duels, hiring or dealing with assassins, multi-stage sieges, real diplomacy options I will be shocked. I bet the only thing added is multi stage sieges, and that is because it's already been advertised.

I-I CAN'T STAND THIS
I CAN'T STAND THIS ANYMORE
I think I'm gonna write it
I...I shouldn't...
...or should I?
No no no no I shouldn't, that's inappropriate
please...please help me god I can't
I can't help it..
sorry mother, father..
sorry for disappointing you
I really shouldn't do this...
but I can't stand the urge to write this
S..S
SOON™

That would make sense as to why the game is so barren. It' fast paced action remember, it's for 13 year old kids who can't sit still to even read a book for 10 minutes. TW is following the cash cow, that's how it works unfortunately. This is not really a niche game anymore.

Everyone on this forum I've seen simping for bannerlord has been like 50 years old.
If anything it's a game aimed at dads. It has everything: bad jokes, casual gameplay, and a million unintented ways for your wife to cuck you.

(list of 5.4.)
It's significant by the standards of Bannerlord's small patches so far, but compared to Early Access game patches in general it's not "huge".

Apart from the perks, everything you listed is appreciated, but they aren't additions that have any significant impact on gameplay whatsoever to justify describing the patch as "HUGE". For example, having a handful of new clans is nice but it wouldn't even make someone bother to reopen the game if they've already beaten it. The perks in 5.4 were the biggest gameplay-affecting addition in the patch which I would say would justify an extra playthrough.

Back
Top Bottom