Do devs even play this game??

Users who are viewing this thread

im glad that they fixed it on such short notice :smile: Still delivering. Just also an reminder that 1.5.4 is an unstable test version right now

Yes, I understand and I can play this beta branch game with all those bugs. I'm just complaining about those extremely obvious ones. I wish they could just do a quick check, like 1 hour game play, if they dont find anything wrong in that on hour. then its good to go for release.

That's not how development works. Each developer is responsible for part of the game and there are those responsible for testing. Once you have large project with many people working on it, those people can't and shouldn't do everything. Programmer that fixes bugs or adds features shouldn't be doing testing. That's normally not his job.

So no, they can't just do a quick check. Quick check would be mostly useless anyway. Because quick check would not reveal most of the bugs and you can't just jump to a new version after catching one or two, you need to do it in reasonably big steps. Because fixing something can brake something else, introducing new bugs. You want to do it in major batches. Fix bunch of bugs, add some features, then thoroughly test is hopefully catching most of the bugs and issues. Then repeat. Ad hoc fixes would only end in a big mess. Beta branch exist for a reason.

These things might not be obvious to the player, but things are not as simple as they seem to casual user.

say

• Fixed the issue where locking items in the trade screen prevented the "Take All/Buy All" feature from working as intended.

do you think bugs like this require thorough investigation or game save?
I've been playing beta branch begining. I'd say half of the beta releases have some bug trivial as this one.

This is a fairly trivial bug to get worked up over and I can totally see the dev on a test run missing it, since maybe he doesn't bother locking food or other itmes, since he isn't worried about accidentally selling them.

Eh, we have no idea how many new bugs they found & fixed before releasing the patches though.

Complaining because 1000's of people found bugs that say 10 testers didn't is reaching a little.

To be fair there are still bugs that hav 'nt been solved in games that has been released for more then 20 years now :wink:

Programmer that fixes bugs or adds features shouldn't be doing testing. That's normally not his job.
Programmers also make terrible testers. Testing is an underrated role which requires quite a different mindset and skillset.

A lot of TW release issues seem to be build/package quality control problems rather than missed bugs - like the icons misalignment in 153 main branch, which wasn't present in 153 beta.

Programmers also make terrible testers. Testing is an underrated role which requires quite a different mindset and skillset.

A lot of TW release issues seem to be build/package quality control problems rather than missed bugs - like the icons misalignment in 153 main branch, which wasn't present in 153 beta.
Well im still waiting for a call from Callum. Offered him my 12 hour service if they offered me a room to stay and food during the process with no salary.

Now the second question is if Rainbow six siege devs had even played this game ?! as they ruined one of my fav franchises with cod bs. Rip Tom Clancy

Last edited:
Well im still waiting for a call from Callum. Offered him my 12 hour service if they offered me a room to stay and food during the process with no salary.

Now the second question is if Rainbow six siege devs had even played this game ?! as they ruined one of my fav franchises with cod bs. Rip Tom Clancy

R6, Swats, Ghost Recons - when gameplay ruled Supreme

Testers are only ever 50% effective as they play on a sandbox version of the game. Once the game goes live is when the real work begins. Welcome all to your job as live and beta testers for TaleWorld :grin:

Testers are only ever 50% effective as they play on a sandbox version of the game. Once the game goes live is when the real work begins. Welcome all to your job as live and beta testers for TaleWorld :grin:

We could have avoided a LOT of problems had they just played a single match of Captain Mode before releasing 1.5.

Back
Top Bottom