My dissapointment grows. Game still feels barren.

Users who are viewing this thread

While Bannerlord sandbox currently has its problems it is still better then warband sandbox to me. Saying warband sandbox is better andnhad more content is imo not being connected to reallity.

A game isn't just a sum total of "content". Games with loads of stuff in them but no cohesion are always worse to play than games with good design. Bannerlord has more stuff crammed into it than warband, but in warband you didn't feel like you were fighting the game as much.

While I love some of these missing features from Warband, I think that you are missing a lot of new features in Bannerlord.
- Caravans.
- Army system which makes more sense than marshal in Warband where some slower parties were not able to join in big battles.
- Assign companions as captains.
- Play as captain yourself in big armies.
- Clan system and all what this means (having kids and play as them, possibility to create parties lead by family members and companions, etc).
- AI actually has some brain now in battles and use formations. Battles have been actually improved a lot in general. Armies move forward now with cohesion and looks infinitely better than in Warband.
- Rebellions. Not implemented yet but it will be available in some few months I think.

I could say more features, and you probably are also missing some Warband features which are not present in Bannerlord but the thing is that I do not get why you are being so negative with a game which it seems that you actually love (otherwise you would no be in this forum all days).

Anyway, some of the Warband features like manhunters, deserters, etc, are probably pretty easy to implement in Bannerlord and I think we will get them once more relevant features get implemented. If not, this is something that a modded could do without problems.

* Caravans: Functionally, they're just another workshop choice, but yes this is the only one I missed.
* Armies are a quality-of-life fix to the Marshalship mechanic from Warband but they don't add more gameplay.
* Assigning roles to companions is equivalent to promoting your companions to lord status, assigning a minister and envoys and sending out people to increase your right-to-rule in Warband, so both are equal in that regard.
* Captaincy as a mechanic doesn't add any replayability other than the brief part where you select which part of the army you'll be controlling. Otherwise it's no different from having an allied army fight alongside you in Warband and having allied troops you can't give orders to.
* Clans are just a semantic grouping of NPCs, not a gameplay feature: other than the aforementioned role system you don't "do" anything with them. Children are a separate concept to clans and I already mentioned them.
* AI isn't gameplay content, which is what the discussion was about. If you're going to bring up AI you should note that Bannerlord AI is broken on multiple levels compared to Warband AI: the strategic AI makes extremely nonsensical decisions like running around until they starve to death, the tactical AI fails at sieging and just sits staring at a siege ladder without going up it, and the combat AI varies between inhumanly stupid (uses their 1h weapon instead of their 2h weapon and nearly everything about melee cavalry) and ridiculously accurate (for example being able to perfectly headshot the player every time while moving at top speed on horseback).
* Rebellions aren't in yet, so they don't apply to a discussion of which game has more content now.

This isn't "being negative", it's just the truth. Deathmacabre said Bannerlord has more gameplay content than Warband. The post you replied to shows why that is wrong.

If Bannerlord did have all the good features from Warband, it would be a good sequel. But it doesn't yet, not even close.

Are you going to back up that statement? Because if you actually compare the two games, it's not convincing.

Here's the extra gameplay content Warband has:
* Feasts, with an accompanying quest for the player to hold their own feast
* Companions who ask you to make decisions and actually keep talking to you after you hire them
* Lord strategic dialogue e.g.: asking them to attack or defend a city without you or warning them that the enemy is coming
* Skill Books
* Political quests such as Intrigue and Denounce a Lord
* Fighting your way out in civilian garb when you fail to sneak into a city or try to smuggle a lord out of prison
* Individual village upgrades
* Pretenders
* Deeper courtship: coming back to visit or sneaking in to visit, quests to gain favor, dedicating tournament victories, learning their likes and dislikes, poetry
* Dueling lords if they insulted you or competed with you for a lover
* Rescuing lords from captivity quest (devs have said this is coming back at some point but Bannerlord doesn't have it yet so it's still a point against it).
* Weddings
* Tax Collector quest, Train peasants to deal with bandits quest, kidnapped girl quest, hunt fugitive quest, assassinate merchant quest, provocation quest, dispute resolution quest
* Recruitable Manhunters who roamed the worldmap hunting bandits who you could jump in to aid in their battles
* Trainable Sword Sisters
* Deserter neutral enemies who roamed the worldmap as a bigger neutral threat than looters
* More weapon variety

Here's the extra gameplay content Bannerlord has at the moment:
* Smithing (not properly implemented yet).
* Fief upgrades
* Policy voting
* Family Feud quest, Tutor a Lord quest, that quest where you sell surplus goods
* Companion parties
* Having children heirs (not properly implemented yet).
* Lords being able to die
* Siege weapons
* le board game

To me it looks like Bannerlord has less total gameplay content than Warband. A game made 10 years ago with a smaller team.

If you compare Bannerlord's gameplay to Viking Conquest's, it looks even worse. VC managed to have creating your own settlement, ambushes, setting camp to rest, dog companions, hunting animals on the worldmap with a unique battle, religions, working as a farmer/logger/miner minigames, naval travel and battles with shipbuilding, custom start and endgoals, etc.
1. I always found feasts annoying so never did them

2. I used a mod to skip all that dialogue because i couldn't care less if jeremus ate a cat or something.

3. Im pretty sure I used this feature once to send Sanjar Khan to try and take Khudan.

4. Never used this mechanic i habe seen the book mercjamts kust never knew anything else other then they sell books and you do something with them mabye

5. So was this one of the quests you git from can we improve our standing in the realm

6. This is something I did so yeah

7 and 8 Never used these things mabye have done 1 village ugrade but hy the time I hot the money just wasnt worth it

9. Just used them to get a bit more backstory

10. Courtship was just annoying and the reward even less worth it

11. Agree for the 1 time I did that wedding acene was cool

12. So just a quest which i always used to buy a workshop and not give the money back with is a point

13. Manhutres invest

14. Sword sisters are actually in the files if you didnt know but i could not care less if introduced

15. Yeo i want deserters too

16. Sure

For the ones where you say "I don't care about these", there are plenty of people who do, and honestly I can say I don't care much about board games or smithing. Hell, some people don't even care about aging or permadeath. It's each to their own, but what matters is having a variety of content to play with, so that people have more ability to choose to do things they enjoy, and Warband still is better in that regard.
It's really surprising to me that you never bought a skillbook or upgraded a village. I think most people who played Warband would have had a different experience to that.
I'm glad we agree on about half the things there anyway.

Last edited:
Can we just ignore these posts? Isn't it strange that all posts like these has like 10k+ views and sometimes 100+ replies and OP never answers anything just sit back and enjoy the ****show. meanwhile every other post hsa like 100 views and maybe 5 replies. I get that not every post is important and sometimes no one can discuss anything but these posts always get out of hand.

Everyone got differnt opinions, me to and I also want to talk about it but these discussion get uss nowhere except toxicity.

By the way have you guys answered this: Bannerlord e1.5.0 Unofficial Community Survey?

* Companions who ask you to make decisions and actually keep talking to you after you hire them

What?

It's really surprising to me that you never bought a skillbook or upgraded a village. I think most people who played Warband would have had a different experience to that.

The majority of players never even received a fief in Warband, 39% according to Steam achievements.

Can we just ignore these posts? Isn't it strange that all posts like these has like 10k+ views and sometimes 100+ replies and OP never answers anything just sit back and enjoy the ****show. meanwhile every other post hsa like 100 views and maybe 5 replies. I get that not every post is important and sometimes no one can discuss anything but these posts always get out of hand.

Everyone got differnt opinions, me to and I also want to talk about it but these discussion get uss nowhere except toxicity.

By the way have you guys answered this: Bannerlord e1.5.0 Unofficial Community Survey?

Trolling and flaming is fun, filling out forms isn't.

For the ones where you say "I don't care about these", there are plenty of people who do, and honestly I can say I don't care much about board games or smithing. Hell, some people don't even care about aging or permadeath. It's each to their own, but what matters is having a variety of content to play with, so that people have more ability to choose to do things they enjoy, and Warband still is better in that regard.
Again i talk about my own opinion

Also you mussed the big one which i fully want back and that is training fields

Still not having feasts is one of the biggest crimes the devs made. An unadvantegeous geographical location has no bearing on existence of feasts. It's not like Lords would be attending feasts with their entire armies - they would bring a personal retinue with them, and leave those to defend. And it's not like lords don't have retainers and second in command that can take up the defense while they are away.

Now this would be a neat strategic map improvement - Lords breaking away from their Army with a small contingent of Captains Guard to mind for personal business. As a whole - this is exactly the sort of improvement i was expecting for the Next gen Warband this was supposed to be be. A more interesting World map dynamic. Id rather have less parties moving around the map with far more cohesion. For instance even if Roads werent yet a thing, im sure safer and common travelways were, that would have been protected to some extent by the wealthy business owners and Lords by way of Hired Security. We should see Caravans taking a specific route that would have been safer by design and Robbers who use lulls in the security to take advantage of that. As we have it is just like a Commodore Amiga version of a Sprites Bumper Car game - where parties are just buzzing around trying to get somewhere without getting tagged with no forethought or plan.

Why they take away noble bow from some ladies. The only reason i get marry is for that bow

Equipment sets are semi-random between playthroughs, so a noble having it in one doesn't mean they'll spawn with it in another.

(That's why I suspect they went with the rather hamfisted method of giving every single combatant BEASTMODE weapon skills; you can't be sure what they'll be using)

Equipment sets are semi-random between playthroughs, so a noble having it in one doesn't mean they'll spawn with it in another.

(That's why I suspect they went with the rather hamfisted method of giving every single combatant BEASTMODE weapon skills; you can't be sure what they'll be using)
I played 4 camp saves, Arwa always have noble bow, or am i wrong ? let me check again

I knew that the game will be unfinished and unpolished for a while. I knew that it will take time for it to shape up. So I waited. And waited. And waited. The fool that I was, I actually believed in TW.

Yet still SO MANY features that gave Warband depth are missing.
>FESTS ... Feasts are STILL not implemented FFS!!!!!
>Full message log which didn't reset with every new conversation or event
>Books
>Sneaking into cities
>Village upgrades
>Pretenders
>Courtship: visiting, dedicating tournament victories to her, likes/dislikes, poems, quests to gain favour
>Dueling lords
>Bright red hair.
>Ability to zoom right to a location from the quest log.
>Shields on your back blocking arrow shots
>Handcrafted unique companions that interact
>Sending your companions to increase your right-to-rule
>Estimates of profit you will make from workshops
>Rescuing lords from captivity
>Special tournament armour and wooden tournament weapons (to prevent equipment cheese)
>Setting up a camp to wait
>Asking lords about the war, where other lords are, telling them to attack or defend an area, warning them of enemies approaching, etc.
>Wedding cutscene
>Working as a tax collector
>Lord personalities affecting their behaviour noticeably
>Rebinding and unbinding keys
>Holdable map speedup that you don't have to click to toggle
>Exporting\importing characters
>Follow option (was useful for caravans and single lords)
>Gender differences in character creation
>Greater food variety
>More battle scenes
>Greater variety in equipment between cultures
>Deserters and Manhunters on the map
>Troops wearing your banner emblem on their clothes, varied shield and clothing colours

My faith in Taleworld dwindles with each passing day at an alarming rate. I already resolved to never buy anything from them at release, and this rate I probably won't buy anything from them ever again.
trust me us in multiplayer are pissed off too. They haven't even added a battle gamemode which was the most popular in Warband, they constantly ignore what we ask for or simply don't communicate. Its infuriating

you are wrong, they are bound with the version, after reroll many camp, they stay with their equipments

I played 4 camp saves, Arwa always have noble bow, or am i wrong ? let me check again
you are wrong, they are bound with the version, after reroll many camp, they stay with their equipments
Taken from lords.xml:
FLxyTry.png

Taken from spnpccharactertemplates.xml:
Code:
  <NPCCharacter id="ase_bat_template_medium"
              default_group="Infantry"
              is_hero="false"
              level="16"
              name="{=!}Aserai medium battle set"
              culture="Culture.aserai"
              skill_template="NPCCharacter.infantry_heavyinfantry_level16_template_skills"
              is_template="true">
    <face>
      <face_key_template value="NPCCharacter.villager_aserai" />
    </face>
    <Traits>
      <Trait id="IsEquipmentTemplate"
             value="1" />
      <Trait id="IsMediumNobleEquipmentTemplate"
             value="1" />     
    </Traits>   
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_noble_sword_1_t5" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
                 id="Item.aserai_lance_1_t5" />
      <equipment slot="Item2"
                 id="Item.emirs_oval_shield" />
      <equipment slot="Head"
                 id="Item.aserai_lord_helmet_a" />
      <equipment slot="Body"
                 id="Item.stitched_leather_over_mail" />
      <equipment slot="Cape"
                 id="Item.stitched_leather_shoulders" />
      <equipment slot="Leg"
                 id="Item.plated_strip_boots" />
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
                 id="Item.plated_strip_gauntlets" />
      <equipment slot="Cape"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
                 id="Item.t2_aserai_horse" />
      <equipment slot="HorseHarness"
                 id="Item.mail_and_plate_barding" />
    </equipmentSet>
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_noble_sword_4_t5" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
      <equipment slot="Item2"
                 id="Item.noble_bow" />
      <equipment slot="Item3"
                 id="Item.default_arrows" />
      <equipment slot="Head"
                 id="Item.southern_noble_helmet" />
      <equipment slot="Body"
                 id="Item.desert_scale_armor" />
      <equipment slot="Leg"
                 id="Item.decorated_imperial_boots" />
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
    </equipmentSet>
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_noble_sword_2_t5" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
      <equipment slot="Item2"
                 id="Item.noble_bow" />
      <equipment slot="Item3"
      <equipment slot="Head"
                 id="Item.emirs_helmet" />
      <equipment slot="Body"
                 id="Item.brass_lamellar_over_mail" />
      <equipment slot="Cape"
                 id="Item.scarf" />
      <equipment slot="Leg"
      <equipment slot="Cape"
                id="Item.scarf" />
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
                 id="Item.noble_horse_southern" />
    </equipmentSet>
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_noble_sword_3_t5" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
      <equipment slot="Item2"
      <equipment slot="Head"
      <equipment slot="Body"
      <equipment slot="Cape"
                 id="Item.scarf" />
      <equipment slot="Leg"
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
    </equipmentSet>
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_mace_4_t4" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
      <equipment slot="Item2"
                 id="Item.studded_round_shield" />
      <equipment slot="Head"
      <equipment slot="Body"
      <equipment slot="Leg"
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
    </equipmentSet>
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_2haxe_3_t5" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
      <equipment slot="Item2"
      <equipment slot="Head"
      <equipment slot="Body"
      <equipment slot="Leg"
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
    </equipmentSet>
  </NPCCharacter>

If there is some bug or oversight or superseding code that is invalidating this, I wouldn't know. But Arwa has had noble bows in some of my playthroughs and not in others. Yana sometimes has good armor and other times has absolute mid-tier dog****. Monchug was rolling around basically wearing the Great Value Khuzait Armor in one of my playthroughs, then in the next he was wearing top-tier Jesus-level protection.

Taken from lords.xml:
FLxyTry.png

Taken from spnpccharactertemplates.xml:
Code:
  <NPCCharacter id="ase_bat_template_medium"
              default_group="Infantry"
              is_hero="false"
              level="16"
              name="{=!}Aserai medium battle set"
              culture="Culture.aserai"
              skill_template="NPCCharacter.infantry_heavyinfantry_level16_template_skills"
              is_template="true">
    <face>
      <face_key_template value="NPCCharacter.villager_aserai" />
    </face>
    <Traits>
      <Trait id="IsEquipmentTemplate"
             value="1" />
      <Trait id="IsMediumNobleEquipmentTemplate"
             value="1" />    
    </Traits>  
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_noble_sword_1_t5" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
      <equipment slot="Item2"
      <equipment slot="Head"
                 id="Item.aserai_lord_helmet_a" />
      <equipment slot="Body"
                 id="Item.stitched_leather_over_mail" />
      <equipment slot="Cape"
      <equipment slot="Leg"
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
      <equipment slot="Cape"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
    </equipmentSet>
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_noble_sword_4_t5" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
      <equipment slot="Item2"
                 id="Item.noble_bow" />
      <equipment slot="Item3"
      <equipment slot="Head"
      <equipment slot="Body"
      <equipment slot="Leg"
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
    </equipmentSet>
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_noble_sword_2_t5" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
      <equipment slot="Item2"
                 id="Item.noble_bow" />
      <equipment slot="Item3"
      <equipment slot="Head"
      <equipment slot="Body"
      <equipment slot="Cape"
                 id="Item.scarf" />
      <equipment slot="Leg"
      <equipment slot="Cape"
                id="Item.scarf" />
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
    </equipmentSet>
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_noble_sword_3_t5" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
      <equipment slot="Item2"
      <equipment slot="Head"
      <equipment slot="Body"
      <equipment slot="Cape"
                 id="Item.scarf" />
      <equipment slot="Leg"
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
    </equipmentSet>
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_mace_4_t4" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
      <equipment slot="Item2"
      <equipment slot="Head"
      <equipment slot="Body"
      <equipment slot="Leg"
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
    </equipmentSet>
    <equipmentSet>
      <equipment slot="Item0"
                 id="Item.aserai_2haxe_3_t5" />
      <equipment slot="Item1"
      <equipment slot="Item2"
      <equipment slot="Head"
      <equipment slot="Body"
      <equipment slot="Leg"
      <equipment slot="Gloves"
      <equipment slot="Horse"
    </equipmentSet>
  </NPCCharacter>

If there is some bug or oversight or superseding code that is invalidating this, I wouldn't know. But Arwa has had noble bows in some of my playthroughs and not in others. Yana sometimes has good armor and other times has absolute mid-tier dog****. Monchug was rolling around basically wearing the Great Value Khuzait Armor in one of my playthroughs, then in the next he was wearing top-tier Jesus-level protection.
So strange, i created a few new camp then check all lords. All these camp, they are using same armors and weapons. Roll back to 1.5.2, and Arwa has noble bow again. So i think it bounds to the version, what do u think? or it's bug?

So strange, i created a few new camp then check all lords. All these camp, they are using same armors and weapons. Roll back to 1.5.2, and Arwa has noble bow again. So i think it bounds to the version, what do u think? or it's bug?

No idea. It might be a bug causing them to only use the top gear set?

Back
Top Bottom