Cannot Launch Modding Tools (I have tried EVERYTHING)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been trying and trying to get the modding tools to launch, but I can't seem to get it to work. From my understanding, you are supposed to launch the game through the tool's launcher and press CTRL+E in the main game menu (when running the regular game, CTRL+E does nothing on the game menu). When I launch the tools, the play menu comes up where you select "Play". From there the game doesn't even launch. It immediately crashes without any error message.
  • Both versions are the same (not running beta)
  • Both are on the same SSD installed in the same location
  • Files have been verified for both game and tools
  • No mods are installed
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled both game and mod tools (everything is a fresh installation)
  • Drivers are all up to date
  • Visual C++ installed, repaired, and up to date
What am I missing? Someone PLEASE help?

Last edited:
You don't start a game in the Tools. At the game menu you use Ctrl E to open the editor.
I know that. What I am saying is that it doesn't even get to the game menu. I can launch the regular game fine, and pressing CTRL+E in the main menu does nothing. From my understanding, you are supposed to launch the game through the tool's launcher, and once it reaches the game menu, you press CTRL+E to open the editor. My problem is that the game doesn't even get to that point. The game doesn't even launch. It crashes immediately.

I know that. What I am saying is that it doesn't even get to the game menu. I can launch the regular game fine, and pressing CTRL+E in the main menu does nothing. From my understanding, you are supposed to launch the game through the tool's launcher, and once it reaches the game menu, you press CTRL+E to open the editor. My problem is that the game doesn't even get to that point. The game doesn't even launch. It crashes immediately.
My apologies, I misread where you select "Play" as when you select "Play". Clearly, I need to clean my glasses more often.

Strange, I load the tools via Bannerlord - Mod tools (downloaded in steam tools) and then at the game menu you can choose editor.
You can choose editor or press CTRL+E. Either way, it should open the editor. My problem is that the game doesn't launch, so it never gets to that menu.

Make sure the install path is the same as your bannerlord folder. It uses the same resources as the game and installing it onto a different drive or folder doesn't work.

Make sure the install path is the same as your bannerlord folder. It uses the same resources as the game and installing it onto a different drive or folder doesn't work.
Both are on the same SSD and are installed in the same location (path). Second bullet I listed of things I have tried/checked. Thanks, though.

Back
Top Bottom