SP - General EASY FIX FOR SIEGE TOWERS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Honcho

Recruit
It's all about the tower bridge which gets dropped as soon as the 1st bot climbs up, allowing defenders to rush the tower easily without opposition.

EASY FIX: 1) when siege tower gets to walls, give 1 minute timer before bots autodeployed to siege towers drop tower bridge (gives them time to amass on top of siege tower like irl, that's what's missing)

2) allow player to command siege towers bridge lowering. (For example: keypad 6 = both siege towers.
f1 = hold siege bridge [your troops will climb up the siege tower and wait with shields up at the top without dropping bridge].
f2 = drop siege tower bridge [this commands the bot closest to tower bridge to lower it and gives a charge order to troops on all siege towers]

or you have a position marks that needs to be filled with soldiers before the AI activate the gate. Like 5-7 men or so. But yeah commands would be nice to however can be a problem if youre not commanding so to speak

Last edited:
or you have a position marks that needs to be filled with soldiers before the AI activate the gate. Like 5 men or so. But yeah commands would be nice to however can be a problem if youre not commanding so to speak
Right, position marks are good too, whatever is easier for devs to implement but we need sieges to improve it's the only lacking aspect of singleplayer

Right, position marks are good too, whatever is easier for devs to implement but we need sieges to improve it's the only lacking aspect of singleplayer
Indeed it still needs some tweaking for sure. Im also waiting for their release of different fighting stages which is gonna be wicked if they manage to pull it off correctly :smile: They surely have the terrain for it

My intention is not to boycott the OP's thread :lol: ; however, instead of adding commands, wouldn't it be better to restrict the path of the defender AI?

aC6OQ.jpg

In warband the AI that defended maintained its position, however if it was ordered to charge it is true that it could get to take the attack ramp blocking this way the advance of the attacker.

In Bannerlord the Ai acts on its own (BAD) by charging once the platform drops... I would personally restrict the defending Ai's path by making the siege tower platform inaccessible (or partially). I believe that such a drastic blockade would avoid many of the current problems...

It would not be very smart if, while defending the wall and sheltering behind the protection of battlements, the defenders wanted to venture to take the tower ramp...

At the same time, I would personally change the tower model as we discussed here

Restrictimg ramp is an appropriate solution which I hope to see before full launch and tower design in 2015 was better imo having a platform on top for archers is awesome and accurate. But I think the 20 -40 seconds delay before ramp goes down like was said in previous thread is not to be overlooked.

Indeed it still needs some tweaking for sure. Im also waiting for their release of different fighting stages which is gonna be wicked if they manage to pull it off correctly :smile: They surely have the terrain for it

Yeah this would be awesome, multi-stage siege would be a huge boost to the game since sieges are so central, and it would affect a large part of the gameplay. And they already have towns, keeps, etc., that they can have us fight in.

Restrictimg ramp is an appropriate solution which I hope to see before full launch and tower design in 2015 was better imo having a platform on top for archers is awesome and accurate. But I think the 20 -40 seconds delay before ramp goes down like was said in previous thread is not to be overlooked.

It would be nice to have some better, more sophisticated siege towers - like the ability to upgrade the towers using engineer skill. The ones they have now look really basic, although maybe it's true to the time period.

Well after reading the 1.5.4 bug fix and new feature list. I actually have hope sieges might be one of the next things fixed. They appear to have finished off the talent trees and every major problem other than the prosperity drop (economy balancing) all cities have from constant war and village raids.

Sieges might be getting some love soon finally!

Back
Top Bottom