Ray Tracing and DLSS Confirmed for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

This is so got damn awesome. Bannerlord graphics are actually super good it's just that the lightning dosent give it justice. This will make it look times better, cant wait!

The way the article is written makes it seem like Bannerlord will only be getting DLSS support, not ray-tracing too. That's still great for the potential performance boost.

"Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Available now on Steam, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is a medieval combat simulator and role playing game. Players can explore, raid, and conquer their way across the vast continent of Calradia, making friends and enemies along the way. Support for DLSS will be coming to the game in November. "
Only DLSS, i think. Raytracing needs to be supported by the engine, which is not.

This is so got damn awesome. Bannerlord graphics are actually super good it's just that the lightning dosent give it justice. This will make it look times better, cant wait!
Don't get me wrong, but are we playing the same game? Bannerlord is not ugly by any means, but super good is a pretty far stretch. It looks super good for late 2016 early 2017 but for 2020/2021 its mediocre

Don't get me wrong, but are we playing the same game? Bannerlord is not ugly by any means, but super good is a pretty far stretch. It looks super good for late 2016 early 2017 but for 2020/2021 its mediocre

It's because of the lightning mate. Cant explain it but check out some youtube videos about video game lightning and how much it affects it. Okay not SUPER GOOD but it is good graphics that are good for todays standards.

Should be sweet running on a 3070 when I build gaming PC in a year. By then Bannerlord may be worth playing and I can play some sweet, sweet VR in its full glory.

Wait... does that mean I need a 3080 now instead of a 3070??

Smart Nvidia, allying with the TW clan. Take my money. If a 3080 ever becomes available that is.

"Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Available now on Steam, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is a medieval combat simulator and role playing game. Players can explore, raid, and conquer their way across the vast continent of Calradia, making friends and enemies along the way. Support for DLSS will be coming to the game in November. "
Only DLSS, i think. Raytracing needs to be supported by the engine, which is not.
you are right, I kinda skipped that line. I would really love to have RT though, hopefully there comes RT mod.

It's because of the lightning mate. Cant explain it but check out some youtube videos about video game lightning and how much it affects it. Okay not SUPER GOOD but it is good graphics that are good for todays standards.
I know how important lighting is in video games, but regardless, Bannerlord is okayish at best for todays graphics.
But can't blame them, it looked good back at the first presentation half a decade ago.

Wait... does that mean I need a 3080 now instead of a 3070??

Smart Nvidia, allying with the TW clan. Take my money. If a 3080 ever becomes available that is.
I don´t think you´ll gain much with DLSS with an 3080. DLSS improves performance for "weaker" cards and optimizes the graphics.

I can already play in 4k max settings with my 3080 without DLSS. The 3070 should profit more from DLSS than the 3080.

I know how important lighting is in video games, but regardless, Bannerlord is okayish at best for todays graphics.
But can't blame them, it looked good back at the first presentation half a decade ago.

What do you mean. The level of graphics has little to do with the fact that the engine is 5 years old or whenever they made it. The engine for skyrim is originaly from Gamebryon a 23 year old engine wich they have renamed two times and slapped some extra **** on. The biggest change between Oblivion to Skyrim and I quote "Bethesda worked with technology company Nvidia to implement volumetric lighting through a technique that makes use of hardware tesselation" ofcourse with stronger consoles wich the game was optimised for the level of detail got better but that's not the biggest factor.

I don´t think you´ll gain much with DLSS with an 3080. DLSS improves performance for "weaker" cards and optimizes the graphics.

I can already play in 4k max settings with my 3080 without DLSS. The 3070 should profit more from DLSS than the 3080.
The gains are about the same. You could play it at 8k with DLSS.

You can have raytracing with
Only for cinematic purposes, not gameplay.

If you want to push it to the next level you can use ReShade and the RT effect from Pascal Gilcher
Almost as good as raytracing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom