creativecompetition-winter2020-news.jpg

Theme: Singleplayer Village Scenes

Scene Design Contest Results

Contest Information

Theme: Singleplayer Village Scenes
Module: Native with no modifications
Submission End Date: 26th February 2021, 23:59 UTC+3

Rules
  • You may only submit your work during the submission time period specified above.
  • You may only submit your own work, no derivatives of another asset or asset theft is allowed.
  • The scenes will be evaluated using the stable e1.5.7 version of the main game & Modding Kit.
  • You may submit up to three works to the contest but only your best-rated submission will be taken into account when distributing rewards.
  • No obscene or illegal content is allowed.
  • By submitting your work to the contest, you agree that it will be shared with the community at the end of the contest, to be used in various M&B II: Bannerlord modifications, according to the license provided here. None of the submissions will be integrated into the base game.
  • Contest judges, employees and contractors of TaleWorlds Entertainment are automatically disqualified.
  • Taleworlds Entertainment is not obliged to award all the prizes if there is a lack of submissions or submissions are not of acceptable quality.
  • Winners must be able to supply us with their full name, email, home address within two weeks of finishing the contest, to be eligible to receive their prize.
  • Your submission should not be based on some third-party IP.
  • By submitting an entry you agree to comply with all the contest rules and all decisions of the contest judges.
  • TaleWorlds Entertainment reserves the right to change the above rules at any time.

FAQ

How do I access the Bannerlord Modding Kit?
  • Currently, you can access the modding kit via Steam only. You can download the “Mount & Blade Bannerlord Modding Tools” from the Tools section of Steam. Note that the tools use some of the files downloaded within the game itself. As such, the tools and game should be at the same main version (not beta) and installed on the same hard drive.
How do I launch the tools?
  • You can choose the Singleplayer option from the launcher and once you are in the Initial Menu, you can either press the Editor button or press the Ctrl + E key combination to start up the editor.
Do you have modding documentation on scene creation?
Where can I see what needs to be in a village scene?
Can I also check some scene examples?
  • We’ve added 3 village scenes (empire_village_003, battania_village_k, sturgia_village_l) to our Modding Kit. Feel free to check them via the scene editor as examples of good practice!
Can I mod the game and add new scene props, 3D assets,...?
  • No, use the native version of the game when creating your scene.
Where can I get help with various scene design questions?

Evaluation System

The submissions will be rated based on their performance in the following categories: Visuals, Design & Gameplay, Innovation. Once the submission end date is reached and the submissions are closed, the community team of handpicked experts will first check the submissions. The scenes will then be judged by a team of level designers and other developers at TaleWorlds Entertainment to determine the winners based on the following criteria:
  • Visuals - How well the different scene features fit into each other, the composition of scene props, quality of ground texture and painting work, terrain realism, details and touches in different seasons.
  • Design & Gameplay - How well the scene plays out while in a singleplayer raid and while visiting the village (includes evaluation of the performance, navmesh, entry points, walking distances,...).
  • Innovation - The use of new and fresh concepts while designing the look, gameplay, and setting of the scene.

Contest Rewards
creativecompetition-winter2020-prizes.png

1st Place - BANNERLORD CUSTOM PC by Intel®
  • 2x 8 GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory
  • 1x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card
  • 1x Corsair RM650x 80 PLUS Gold 650W PSU
  • 1x Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • 1x Custom Case Vinyl Logo
  • 1x Fractal Design Define C Case - Black
  • 1x Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X Motherboard
  • 1x Intel® Core i7-10700K CPU 8 Cores / 16 Threads 3.8 - 5.1GHz
  • 1x Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PLATINUM CPU Cooler
  • 1x 500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive
  • 1x 24" Asus VG248QE Full HD Gaming Monitor
  • 1x TT E-Sports Challenger RGB Gaming Keyboard and Mouse
2nd Place - Intel® NUC 9 Extreme Kit
  • Core i9 processor
  • RTX 2060 graphics
  • 516GB Storage
  • 16GB RAM
3rd Place - Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor

Submitting Your Entry

It's important you follow this procedure to the letter. RAR/ZIP the scene files with the following name: “YourForumUsername_YourSceneName” and upload the RAR/ZIP to contest-upload.taleworlds.com. There are 2 folders located under the below paths with your scene name:
  • WOTS\Modules\SandBox\SceneObj
  • WOTS\Modules\SandBox\SceneEditData
Make sure to add both of the folders into the ZIP/RAR file. After uploading the RAR/ZIP, reply to this thread with the following template:
Code:
Forum username:
Scene name:
Screenshots [OPTIONAL]:

Good luck to all participants, feel free to discuss the contest below, share work-in-progress images and of course, submit your entries!

Okay can the original art submission be a heavily edited screenshot to a point it doesn't look like a screenshot, or does it have to be from scratch?

Last edited:
Thats amazing... But i wish TW make a Turkish thread for that i'm having hard times with that right now :sad: and prizes are awesome... i would put lots of effort to that but before understanding the rules its for nothing.

@dijiTurk if you can help me it'll be amazing mate

@Dejan

1- Can we use other softwares(solidworks ie.) to make 3D models & use these models in scene? Will this disqualify us?
2- Can we make heightmaps at other softwares & use them in MBIIBMK's scene editor? Will this disqualify us?
3- Is there anything that could be brought in and added to the scene that would not disqualify us?

Would it be possible to submit a big village which looks a bit like a castle?
I think of the village around the first arena of the Gladiator film (the desert arena).
I believe a similar question was posted on Discord. If the judges feel that the scene fits more to a castle gameplay than a village gameplay then your scores will suffer. Try and stay true to the theme of the contest.
1- Can we use other softwares(solidworks ie.) to make 3D models & use these models in scene? Will this disqualify us?
2- Can we make heightmaps at other softwares & use them in MBIIBMK's scene editor? Will this disqualify us?
3- Is there anything that could be brought in and added to the scene that would not disqualify us?
All of the scenes will be judged using the native version of the game with no modifications. As such, you aren't allowed to in any way change the native version of the game, that includes adding 3D models and other assets (as mentioned in the rules). You can import heightmaps from other software though as was shown by Cuce in our past videos.

Last edited:
@dijiTurk fixed my response above. Importing heightmaps is okay.

Alright. Thanks for repond. Need to ask one more. Can you, Taleworlds, share us a short but gold video that covers things below?:

-how to use a 3rd party software to make heightmap & importing it
-how to make a proper navmesh (with fixing buggy places)
-how to make proper spawn/entry points for each kinds of it
-how to make a proper TODx atmosphere settings for different cultures
-how to set river and lake flows at scripts in modding kit

Back
Top Bottom