SP - General General Feedback and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello!

First off would like to say so far I am very much enjoying the game. I have 87.8 hours as of writing this so I feel comfortable saying I can give some decent feedback.

I’m going to just limit the post to things that I think could use adjustment. Understand there are many, many things I do enjoy about the game! However for the sake of brevity and easy reading, I’m going to leave those parts out. So as you’re reading, please understand it's not a complaint thread! Alright, let's dive in.

GENERAL FEEDBACK

Starting Location: I’m not going to say much on this because I’m sure it's already in the works. Having your character start in the faction area you chose during character creation I think would be a nice touch.

When in a city, it would be nice to know who is in the castle before I have to bribe a guard. I do not mind paying the bribe, however it was frustrating while trying to complete the main story because I had to visit so many different areas and each guard wants a hefty bribe. Sometimes the person I was looking for was inside, sometimes they were not. It felt like wasted money and I found myself cheesing the game with saves/reloads so I didn’t go bankrupt early in the game.To clarify, the reason I did it so early in the game was in one of my previous games, one of the storyline characters (Lucon I believe) was killed. Which prevented me from progressing in the story. So I felt I needed to complete the story quickly before someone died and it became impossible.

An increase in workshop income could prove beneficial overall. Running an army is expensive as one might expect. And right now unless you cheese the game a bit by buying workshops, changing their production to something else, and then selling them back to make your own shop a monopoly, the investment can feel less beneficial. In my experience of trying to just look and guess what might be best based on surrounding villages and market prices, I can only manage to squeeze out between 60-130 gold. I’m sure I could get more if I cheesed the system but that seems to be against the spirit of the game. Alternatively, more tools to help players to decide what to build would be very helpful. For example, when picking a production, have an additional screen that gives hints like “This could prove to be a good choice. There is a silver mine in (Town) that supplies this town with silver.” or “This could prove to be a poor choice. There is already another brewery in this city.” or worse “This could prove to be a poor choice. This city does not have a supply of grain making it more expensive to produce.” Its not necessary to give players numbers. But a nudge in the right direction may go a long way

On the note of expenses of maintaining armies, when joining a faction as a vassal I found it to be a little frustrating when a castle was obtained and thrust upon me whether I wanted it or not.On more than one occasion, I would start bleeding money because I simply could not afford the castle and its garrison. Even with two or three workshops I would have to grab a large handful of troops and donate them to nearby castles because I just couldn’t afford to keep them. Leaving my castle mostly undefended making it easy for enemy AI to come back and claim it.

Something that would make things easier would be the option to, or not, share food in armies. It has caught me off guard more than once while running with an army that my food supplies are suddenly depleted. I will enter the army with 40 food, and by day 3 be down to 17 even though I only have 20 men. I noticed at one point that I was sharing my food with a starving army which is nice, but now I am starving as well. It makes me reluctant to join armies since more often than not, I’m losing tons and tons of food. Having the option to decline to share food, as cruel as it sounds, would let me join the army with the comfort of knowing I won’t suddenly run out of food in two days because another leader forgot to stock up.

Smithing is a wonderful addition to the game. However I don’t think the smithing stamina adds to the game. I agree, it's quite unrealistic to smelt 400 wood into coal in a day. The stamina however kept pulling me out of my immersion altogether and felt more like a nuisance than anything. To the point where it was detrimental to my experience with it as a whole and I just ended up avoiding it. If it were equippable to my troops it would be a bit more understandable since you would not want people to rush build equipment to overpower their troops early game. But seeing as how it is limited to myself and companions I don’t think there is much harm in simply removing the stamina.

For perks, application clarification would be very much appreciated. For example, if I have a group of archers, and I have the “Bow Control” perk. And one of my companions has the “Dead Aim” perk, do the archers benefit from both? If me and a companion both have the “Bow Control” perk, does it stack? I found this part to be confusing. Perhaps one of the easiest ways to resolve this would just to have it so that when you go to the party screen and click the troop in question (Lets just say imperial archers) When you click and the window opens for promotions, just below that are the icons showing which perks the troops are benefiting from. So there’s no question in the player's mind.

Perk progression also seems a little slow. And sometimes outright confusing. There is a lot of buying and selling in the game. Yet I don’t think I ever got my trading skill to 50. Even when I was paying attention and only selling supplies when I saw green profit. In fact, the only skills I could somewhat reliably raise were Tactics, and charm. I could raise weapons but the issue was in battles, I had a limited time to get in and try to take out as many of the enemy myself as possible before my men took out the rest (Running in alone was suicidal in my experience so I couldn’t have them just sit back). And after level 60 or so, I rarely ever saw an increase to my skills. It may be that the curve is simply too steep.

There is more but I want to give some time for development to do their thing! A lot of my issues may already be in the works! The above were some of the ones that brought me the most problems though. So hopefully this can help to highlight those issues and bring them to the forefront for fixing!

Thank you again for the work on the game and I look forward to many more playthroughs!

-Sraifer

Hello!

First off would like to say so far I am very much enjoying the game. I have 87.8 hours as of writing this so I feel comfortable saying I can give some decent feedback.

I’m going to just limit the post to things that I think could use adjustment. Understand there are many, many things I do enjoy about the game! However for the sake of brevity and easy reading, I’m going to leave those parts out. So as you’re reading, please understand it's not a complaint thread! Alright, let's dive in.

GENERAL FEEDBACK

Starting Location: I’m not going to say much on this because I’m sure it's already in the works. Having your character start in the faction area you chose during character creation I think would be a nice touch.

There is a mod for changing starting location... but as a vanilla user, I agree: This should be changed

When in a city, it would be nice to know who is in the castle before I have to bribe a guard. I do not mind paying the bribe, however it was frustrating while trying to complete the main story because I had to visit so many different areas and each guard wants a hefty bribe. Sometimes the person I was looking for was inside, sometimes they were not. It felt like wasted money and I found myself cheesing the game with saves/reloads so I didn’t go bankrupt early in the game.To clarify, the reason I did it so early in the game was in one of my previous games, one of the storyline characters (Lucon I believe) was killed. Which prevented me from progressing in the story. So I felt I needed to complete the story quickly before someone died and it became impossible.
Dead Lucon should not prevent you. you need to talks to 10 nobles about the late emporers last battle. There are 7 fractions which each 3 nobles who have to tell something, It just needs more time and seeking. BTW, these nobles are most times leading troops and only found in castles after defeats - dont bribe yourself in keeps. Wait for them to leave...

An increase in workshop income could prove beneficial overall. Running an army is expensive as one might expect. And right now unless you cheese the game a bit by buying workshops, changing their production to something else, and then selling them back to make your own shop a monopoly, the investment can feel less beneficial. In my experience of trying to just look and guess what might be best based on surrounding villages and market prices, I can only manage to squeeze out between 60-130 gold. I’m sure I could get more if I cheesed the system but that seems to be against the spirit of the game. Alternatively, more tools to help players to decide what to build would be very helpful. For example, when picking a production, have an additional screen that gives hints like “This could prove to be a good choice. There is a silver mine in (Town) that supplies this town with silver.” or “This could prove to be a poor choice. There is already another brewery in this city.” or worse “This could prove to be a poor choice. This city does not have a supply of grain making it more expensive to produce.” Its not necessary to give players numbers. But a nudge in the right direction may go a long way
Workshops outcome is too low, workshop management isn't implemented.

I have no time to answer to the other points atm. It's better to put feedback in already started topics, and to make several topics to specific feedback. That makes it much easier to answer...

For perks, application clarification would be very much appreciated. For example, if I have a group of archers, and I have the “Bow Control” perk. And one of my companions has the “Dead Aim” perk, do the archers benefit from both? If me and a companion both have the “Bow Control”
Only the non-player NPC in the top of the formation lists effect the formation with it's perks, if they die the next will trigger (or so I've read). And when I say formation I mean like group 1 2 3 4..... it's annoying to me because formations also mean physical formations in battle so... whatever
These perk are a non-functional for the MC unless you end up in a formation in somebody else's army... not sure if that actually happens.

It's really disappointing and sucky IMO.
I agree something plainly telling you what buff who has in you set up would be good.
It be nice if we could switch some groups it to the MC's perks instead if we wanted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom