SP - General Free color selection for banners, factions, clothes in BANNERlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, I only need 1 sentence to explain my suggestion:

• Give players a feature to freely select from a variety of colors for banners, sigils, clothes etc. without mods (they break too often after patches)

I know that I could downgrade to a more stable version or edit the XML files for banner colors, but I think a game which calls itself Bannerlord should have this feature in it's core. :wink:

Agree. Everything being the color of the faction is dumb. The only case in which the clothes would all be uniform is for elite units like elite cataphracts or something. But normal units should have variation. For the banners, I think clan banners can remain the same but there should be a 2nd banner, a personal one, every lord's personal banner is unique, and it can be any color.

Agree. Everything being the color of the faction is dumb. The only case in which the clothes would all be uniform is for elite units like elite cataphracts or something. But normal units should have variation. For the banners, I think clan banners can remain the same but there should be a 2nd banner, a personal one, every lord's personal banner is unique, and it can be any color.

Agreed as well. All troops of one faction wearing the same colour just lloks bad. There has been a thread, by @Terco_Viejo I think , back in beta, where it was discussed how much better and more athmospheric the game looked in older screenshots before the glaring faction colours were introduced.

It is a subject which has given rise to the opening up of several threads, including my own. Personally I can understand that kind of application in MP environments where differentiation between both teams is a basic rule in any aspect of a competitive environment.

Everything about banners and the application of colour; conceptually it is far away from what the player considers fun and really wants. The player wants to customize The player wants different banners Together with a friendly interface where you can customize our standard (in an advanced way - as in the web https://bannerlord.party/banner/), in the native you should have already implemented at least this battery of mods:
Kingdom Color Changer
Custom Banners and Uniforms Color Pack (CBU Pack)
POC color randomizer mod
Bear My Shield
Bear My Banner

In Native SP, I don't understand how the current solution has prevailed.

Hi, I only need 1 sentence to explain my suggestion:

• Give players a feature to freely select from a variety of colors for banners, sigils, clothes etc. without mods (they break too often after patches)

I know that I could downgrade to a more stable version or edit the XML files for banner colors, but I think a game which calls itself Bannerlord should have this feature in it's core. :wink:
giphy.gif

In Native SP, I don't understand how the current solution has prevailed.
Few people do friend. If I recall correctly - it was to simplify things. Simplicity is all well and good, but over simplification can be awful.... And here we are.

giphy.gif

Few people do friend. If I recall correctly - it was to simplify things. Simplicity is all well and good, but over simplification can be awful.... And here we are.
I think i would like instead of just the sigil and then one uniformed colour mabye like diffrent shades or variants of the faction colour since i do have to admit it does please my eyes when i zoom fully out

You mean... Something like this:
dxp0L.jpg

Terco once suggested this. But honestly friend, almost anything would be better than what we currently have.
Hm yes it would keep the simplicity while still having uniqueness since here is something else i have to admit despite all my hours in WB i hardly remember any of the banners and this would still look aesthetically pleasing.

Thank you my boi for those words, certainly one among many who passionately provide honest feedback. Precisely with the amount of feedback there is, Talewords has a lot of balls in it's court. :iamamoron:

To be honest, I don't completly agree with you.

I do like the fact, that the different factions are easy to distinguish and also that every lord adopts your colors, when they join your kingdom.

What I don't like is the fact, that if you want to have your own color, you kinda have to take black as a background. Every other color is already taken.

Back
Top Bottom