Modding skins.xml without using Harmony

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to add a new tattoo material into skins.xml. I have accomplished it by adding new lines (not replacing existing lines) in Native skins.xml and it is working in the character creator. Now I want to have my own skins.xml and not overwrite the Native skins.xml. Also, I only want to include the lines I want to add and not the whole vanilla code.

Looking at other mods which modified skins.xml, they either loaded their submodule before Native or used a Harmony patch.

However, I get a crash on startup when I load my submodule before Native, saying that the shader for my tattoo material can't be found.

Patching with Harmony is complicated and should not be used unless necessary so I want to avoid that.

TaleWorlds, please come up with a better way to add your custom lines to skins.xml. Thank you.

Last edited:
I solved it by creating two separate submodules, one containing my custom skins.xml and the other containing my tattoo material. The former is loaded before Native and the latter is loaded after Native.

However, there is still the issue of having to include an entire skins.xml instead of just the lines you want to add, so TaleWorlds needs to fix this.

Upvote 0
I solved it by creating two separate submodules, one containing my custom skins.xml and the other containing my tattoo material. The former is loaded before Native and the latter is loaded after Native.

However, there is still the issue of having to include an entire skins.xml instead of just the lines you want to add, so TaleWorlds needs to fix this.
Congratulations, nice work around. I also hope TW use EA to iron out wrinkles in the modding process. :smile:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom