Need More Info High Ping Spikes-BattleEye fault?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Normally I have around 45-50 ping on EU servers. After some patch (1.5 maybe) I began getting very high ping spikes, up to 250-260, normally between 130 and 180. Obviously it's unplayable. I started to investigate the issue.
At first I thought that it depended on time, as I play usually from 22 CEST and up to 00-01 CEST.
I tried to ping different servers at this time and earlier, and came to interesting conclusion. I have absolutely normal ping in games (I tested Warband on different servers) until I start Bannerlord. When Warband and Bannerlord are running at the same time, my ping in Warband instantly goes from 50 on EU servers to 150+. Also I pinged the closest server to me (Moscow), it also changes from 3 ping to 100+ when Bannerlord is on. If I turn off Bannerlord, everything immediately goes back to normal values.
These ping spikes sometimes are constant, sometimes there are short periods of time when i can play normally with my usual ping (about 20-30 minutes).
This thing happens not only on EU servers, but also I get higher ping on NA and EA servers as well.
I tried NordVPN, I tried WTFast, nothing helps, I still get ping above 150+. As a bonus I always get these 2 red icons in game (red running man and image about packet loss).
Ping doesn't depend on what am I doing, fighting or just standing still.
Taking into account all these facts I tend to believe that BattleEye Anticheat somehow influences my Internet, thus providing me with high ping not only in game, but in any other program too.
Are there any possible fixes for this? I'm currently participating in Beast Tournament and i'm practically useless with this ping.

Normally I have around 45-50 ping on EU servers. After some patch (1.5 maybe) I began getting very high ping spikes, up to 250-260, normally between 130 and 180. Obviously it's unplayable. I started to investigate the issue.
At first I thought that it depended on time, as I play usually from 22 CEST and up to 00-01 CEST.
I tried to ping different servers at this time and earlier, and came to interesting conclusion. I have absolutely normal ping in games (I tested Warband on different servers) until I start Bannerlord. When Warband and Bannerlord are running at the same time, my ping in Warband instantly goes from 50 on EU servers to 150+. Also I pinged the closest server to me (Moscow), it also changes from 3 ping to 100+ when Bannerlord is on. If I turn off Bannerlord, everything immediately goes back to normal values.
These ping spikes sometimes are constant, sometimes there are short periods of time when i can play normally with my usual ping (about 20-30 minutes).
This thing happens not only on EU servers, but also I get higher ping on NA and EA servers as well.
I tried NordVPN, I tried WTFast, nothing helps, I still get ping above 150+. As a bonus I always get these 2 red icons in game (red running man and image about packet loss).
Ping doesn't depend on what am I doing, fighting or just standing still.
Taking into account all these facts I tend to believe that BattleEye Anticheat somehow influences my Internet, thus providing me with high ping not only in game, but in any other program too.
Are there any possible fixes for this? I'm currently participating in Beast Tournament and i'm practically useless with this ping.
I agree with you,anti-cheat is somehow related to the loss of packages,sometimes anti-cheat kicks me from the server,it also loads RAM a lot.

Can you take a speed test below and share the results with us?
Here it is for time before 20 CEST, currently I have normal ping on servers(40-45)
5d741f7d3306.png

And here is my speedtest for Moscow servers. Ping to Amsterdam is kinda disappointing, as I usually get 40-60 ping on every EU server.
10274056254.png
Will post results for time after 20 CEST later in the evening.

I am sure that the problem of poor communication with servers is due to anti-cheat,I played with ping 30-40 on Europe, version + 1.2.0, after this version the ping went up to 60,I have constant problems with anti-cheat,I deleted this anti-cheat and did everything according to the instructions of technical support and yet, anti-cheat does not give me peace of mind.

Starting to believe battleye is the one thing causing problems to everyone atm,"not logged in" disabled servers for some people massive ping for others...

Hello, you can uninstal BattlEye by running the bat file under "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\BattlEye". File is named Uninstall_BattlEye.bat. After that, you can still login to lobby but won't be able to play a game. While you are in lobby, please check Warband ping again.

Back
Top Bottom