Can we just get dialogue options??

Would the Game feel much more complete if they fleshed out dialogue options?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

carlllserrr

Recruit
There are a lot of posts that talk about a swath of things missing from the game. I'm not hating, I just want to try to focus our wants one at a time to finish the game where it is.

I honestly think, if they fix the dialogue options, the game will feel a lot more whole. If you agree, just post a big thumbs up, and maybe we can get them to notice this post and make it a priority (should be relatively easy compared to some of the other issues they have to face as they move forward)

Dialogue options are a must. They are the cornerstone of immersion in SP, and there is no excuse to not have them as writing is an entirely different profession than software development, so writers can make them at the same time as developers fix bugs and implement features.

They have plenty of dialogues, but most are commented out or not being used because the back-end isn't in place for them to be triggered. You can see them in comment_strings.xml.

They have plenty of dialogues, but

"but" means ignore what you said before that, you just wanted to be argumentative.

There are an extremely low amount of dialogue options, and it's absurd since it doesn't even take a lot of coding to add dialogue.

"but" means ignore what you said before that, you just wanted to be argumentative.

There are an extremely low amount of dialogue options, and it's absurd since it doesn't even take a lot of coding to add dialogue.

Then just enable them. That is all it takes for a bunch of them.

I'm more interested in the "thing happens" result that needs to be tied to the dialogue option for it to matter.
If the thing happens is only "you get denars" or "you get +relation"... wooopy do

What exactly is meant by "dialogue options" in this case anyway? A larger variety of lines of dialogue that npcs speak?

Check out warband, it has about 16x as many options that all have in-game consequences. I'm not even saying we need that many, but more than 3+1quest would be nice.

I dont think dialogs themselves are what is lacking, I think actual interaction with people is what is lacking. For example, Taleworlds considers that putting a dialog in a guard means you're interacting with the guard, but having a dude saying "welcome to x place, I think you will like these people" doesnt really count as an interaction. You cant ask a guard anything, you cant have a little, small conversation with a guard you just get a dialog and you're then invited to **** off. Apply this to absolutely every NPC in the game, 0 interaction with anyone.

i don't really care for dialogue options might be cool if it affected relations based on what you chose like how you vote however might be too gamebreaking

Yes! The player should be able to give other NPCs commands as their rank in society rises or even falls. I wish for the base game without mods to allow detailed commands to companions etc. their is a mod that does this but I think it should be apart of the base game. Commands should extend over to diplomacy in dealing with other monarchs, vassals and factions and maybe such commands would be in reverse against the player forcing the player to do things.

The commoners of Calradia are probably too polite and should be polite based upon the players clan tier.

A lot of this would be 'if statements' and 'switch statements' along with interesting writing. There should be dialogue for various personality types and for family relations. The spouse could be more affectionate such as saying things like 'my love' or 'dear'.

I dont think dialogs themselves are what is lacking, I think actual interaction with people is what is lacking. For example, Taleworlds considers that putting a dialog in a guard means you're interacting with the guard, but having a dude saying "welcome to x place, I think you will like these people" doesnt really count as an interaction. You cant ask a guard anything, you cant have a little, small conversation with a guard you just get a dialog and you're then invited to **** off. Apply this to absolutely every NPC in the game, 0 interaction with anyone.

Very well put. I hope TW will not just add shallow dialogue but make them give information and have consequences.

Hold your horses! its not like we are almost 2 years in the future and we still havent seen a bit of improvement in this department

Well, the dialogues were pretty boring in warband, too. Very repetitive, monotonous, and extremely useless sometimes. There wasn't any real variety of dialogues that would make it feel more organic, nor was there a meaningful dialogue system where what you say might affect the character's opinion of you.
And Bannerlord is far worse than Warband here.

I can't freaking believe that marriage is still that stupid minigame, and childbearing is a percentage chance it happens, it doesn't.
It's so immersion breaking (the minigame), and like, why can't I plan to have a child this year, instead of hoping my wife suddenly gets pregnant while I'm out doing chores for various important people (cuckold simulator).
What the ****?

Back
Top Bottom