Custom Servers should be Taleworlds only priority right now

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it was confirmed in a turkish interview that the game was scrapped ONCE. But that i heard somewhere on the forums a looong time ago on an old thread that i kept trying to find and couldn't. But the new source i found was a Resonant video that explained a lot of things about TW and made me understand about their past and things like that. He even said that the game was rumoured to be scrapped a SECOND time but that one is really doubtfull tbh
The official answer from Armagan himself is that the SP part of the engine was almost fully scrapped due to technical problems but from there the interview he said that in was 2016 they only scrapped small parts starting to replace them 1 by 1

I think it was confirmed in a turkish interview that the game was scrapped ONCE. But that i heard somewhere on the forums a looong time ago on an old thread that i kept trying to find and couldn't. But the new source i found was a Resonant video that explained a lot of things about TW and made me understand about their past and things like that. He even said that the game was rumoured to be scrapped a SECOND time but that one is really doubtfull tbh
Resonant is not a reliable source

Those wishes you talk about are mostly in the SP section. MP players have a whole different way of creating it. TW has been doing their own thing for MP for a while, and they didn't appeal to anyone. In the contrary they appeased no one. It's time to release the custom server files and let the community make something out of it.

The question is not about TW finishing native MP anymore, it's the fact a lot of people just don't want to play native. They want to play on other mods and no custom server files is prohibiting that.

Custom servers would be great but I assume it's not just a matter of releasing them or not. Also the fact that there are quiet a few players already in multiplayer. Game development 101; Dont split your playerbase to much. Taleworlds have no interest in having 1000 servers and only 4 of them populated and their main gamemodes dead. They have probably spent tons of money on this and they have to make it work before they release custom servers Im afraid.

Custom servers would be great but I assume it's not just a matter of releasing them or not. Also the fact that there are quiet a few players already in multiplayer. Game development 101; Dont split your playerbase to much. Taleworlds have no interest in having 1000 servers and only 4 of them populated and their main gamemodes dead. They have probably spent tons of money on this and they have to make it work before they release custom servers Im afraid.
You do realize the playerbase WILL split?

People didn't play for so long just by playing native.

It's only a question as to when the mods are finished. Because the mods ARE COMING

Taleworlds have proven that they have no idea what they are doing, i check forums every now and then to see if there is development on community servers so modders can fix the garbage. They had plenty of time to make something great but released something with less content and personality than warband, early access is no excuse for what they released.

You do realize the playerbase WILL split?

People didn't play for so long just by playing native.

It's only a question as to when the mods are finished. Because the mods ARE COMING

Yes I know that and until then Taleworlds want to keep everyone within their own gamemodes so they can collect data and improve them. Just because it will happen doesent mean they have to split it right now.

Also I'm just giving possible explenations that seems logical from a developers view. I'm not the master-mind telling them to postpone custom servers, just so we are clear on that :grin: I want them aswell.

Taleworlds have proven that they have no idea what they are doing, i check forums every now and then to see if there is development on community servers so modders can fix the garbage. They had plenty of time to make something great but released something with less content and personality than warband, early access is no excuse for what they released.

What do you mean? It was a playable game, just not what you wanted it to be. If you read that EARLY ACCES section on Steam they was pretty clear on most points. Missing features, barebone, crashes, glitches, bugs and imbalance.

One thing however that ircs me is that part where it says: " We intend to use a range of different methods to gather player feedback and data throughout the early access period. These include engaging with users directly on our official forum and our Steam forum, requesting specific feedback through questionnaires"

They have played with the community and done some stuff people ask for in the forums but I would really like a questionnarie where they give like 10 options where they ask what you think is most important and then prioritise that option wich got most votes. Stuff like that would help them alot and give the community a sence of being heard.

I personally know about 40 people who aren't going to touch the game until custom servers come out. The MP player base won't be split, instead thousands of players will return to the mods they know they will like.

And I personally will be bringing four people i convinced to buy Bannerlord who never played Warband. They didn't like THE MP, so I advised them to wait for the mods.

That being said, I don't know what is going on at TaleWorlds. If they need time to ensure that custom servers won't crash, or mods won't need to be updated every week, then I'll just have to be patient.

I personally know about 40 people who aren't going to touch the game until custom servers come out. The MP player base won't be split, instead thousands of players will return to the mods they know they will like.

And I personally will be bringing four people i convinced to buy Bannerlord who never played Warband. They didn't like THE MP, so I advised them to wait for the mods.

That being said, I don't know what is going on at TaleWorlds. If they need time to ensure that custom servers won't crash, or mods won't need to be updated every week, then I'll just have to be patient.
This is what s going on at Taleworlds

I've been around since 2015. If I recall the game engine was scrapped three times due to the assumptions made and limitations found in the first few tries. Features like the weapon crafting system were confirmed to have been completely reworked multiple times too. It's taking awhile but Taleworlds is committed to getting it right.. in time.

I've been around since 2015. If I recall the game engine was scrapped three times due to the assumptions made and limitations found in the first few tries. Features like the weapon crafting system were confirmed to have been completely reworked multiple times too. It's taking awhile but Taleworlds is committed to getting it right.. in time.
They've had time, but we've lost patience

Edit: also want to add that during Alpha, Beta, and EA we have continually offered advice on different features only to be completely disregarded

Edit #2: wanna follow up on my rant by saying that I've heard by Taleworlds in the past that they don't follow all of our suggestions because we aren't the majority of the community. Well when the community goes from thousands to maybe 200 on at a time for multiplayer, ya I think we have become the majority

Back
Top Bottom