When will content be added to the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just wondering, what would you consider to be new content?

Rebellions, horse farms, siege fights that take place in the streets and in the keep, Aserai, Khuzait and Vlandia armor additions, dialogues, handmade companions, castle and town distinctions, alliances, feasts, camping feature, more interactable minor clans, giving them hideouts, visitable important places on the campaign map, tundra bandits, partial voice overs and dialogues again, dialogues that make sense.

I can go on forever. Most of the content that I mentioned are actually already existing ones in Warband or promised features by TW.

I´m that desperate that I would even consider fixing the AI to consider it new content.

And I guess that´s all we can hope for, that TW fixes already existing stuff. They won´t add anything new. But I would be fine if they fix the stuff we already have, modders can complete the game then.

Sure, it´s not right, but that´s the best we can expect.

I´m that desperate that I would even consider fixing the AI to consider it new content.

And I guess that´s all we can hope for, that TW fixes already existing stuff. They won´t add anything new. But I would be fine if they fix the stuff we already have, modders can complete the game then.

Sure, it´s not right, but that´s the best we can expect.
That's right MostBlunted the best way to not be disappointed is to have no expectations. j/k :wink:

I really do think some things will be added but it sure as **** isn't gonna be fast and never ever what people hoped/dreamed of...

I love this game but I so freaking frustrated with it. It feels so empty especially the early game and the lack of dialogue for the lords. It feels so empty I can't wait for early access to be finished.

Gotta say, I must agree. Over 6 months and most of the things they mentioned in the dev blogs as confirmed features, and features that in the 2016 demo were working - gang systems - are still not in the game. How is that possible? Their own ETA on leaving early access of approx 1 year is ridiculous.

Like Eaglesoldier said, they've added "horse harnesses, cheering, perks, 3 battania armors and fixed some bugs". Wow. A single developer should have managed more than that in 6 months.

Just so dissappointed.

Where does it say that Taleworlds is working on another project and where does it say they only have like 8% of their employess working on it?

The eight devs for campaign thing is from a mexxico quote but most people don't seem to understand the context: there were only three campaign devs for Warband and eight for Bannerlord; the overwhelming majority are working on missions not campaign. That's where the time and attention goes.

Nothing big in 6 months? Are you even talking about Bannerlord? I mean they fixed a big number of bugs, added new armor sets for Battania and Sturgia. Added late game horse harnesses, improved ai diplomacy, multiple new quests, added cheering, added multiple perks, added multiple females to avoid clan destruction, with hooked spears you can take off people, they added modding tools and much more. If that's not enough for you, then I am very confident that with even their biggest update or full release you still would be unhappy.
Subnautica BelowZero been out over a year in EA i think close to 2 years. still not full release. so 6 month is nothing.

Taking into account what has been said by higher-ups in TW, and seeing the state of the game when it launched (in EA), AND seeing what it is now (more than 6 months later)... I'm personally beginning to think that the base game will essentially be what we currently have.

I realized this back in July and then just adjusted my expectations. The game is pretty much feature complete, they're not behind schedule and when they say they're on track, they're not lying. People just expected more.

I reckon there'll be more content regardless, with them confirming 'rebellions' and stuff. I have a feeling next week should be a good start, though to be fair I've thought that about erry single patch that has come out only to be disappointed.

You guys might be onto something though, I remember at launch the steam page said it was "95% feature complete" which seems to have been removed now. There's nothing saying they'll stop work on the game post-launch, I just hope they don't divert their efforts straight to a DLC without giving much to this current game.

Either way, I still have hope that these next few patches will be juicy.

You guys might be onto something though, I remember at launch the steam page said it was "95% feature complete" which seems to have been removed now.

It definitely didn't say that at launch. You can check what has changed by comparing versions on the Wayback Machine:

I don't believe they've changed much in the Early Access statement from then to now.

I'm holding off on buying it 'till people stop having this complaint. Buying EA is always a gamble.

Have a look at the pinned threads in this subforum. One of them is the SP medium-term roadmap.

Gotta say, I must agree. Over 6 months and most of the things they mentioned in the dev blogs as confirmed features, and features that in the 2016 demo were working - gang systems - are still not in the game. How is that possible? Their own ETA on leaving early access of approx 1 year is ridiculous.

Like Eaglesoldier said, they've added "horse harnesses, cheering, perks, 3 battania armors and fixed some bugs". Wow. A single developer should have managed more than that in 6 months.

Just so dissappointed.

Yeah, I quit playing until mods are out, just nothing to do in the game.

The eight devs for campaign thing is from a mexxico quote but most people don't seem to understand the context: there were only three campaign devs for Warband and eight for Bannerlord; the overwhelming majority are working on missions not campaign. That's where the time and attention goes.
LOLLLLL. Thats a joke i hope. Lmao. Majority working on missions
. Lol. 2 new missions once a month which are extremely basic quests. Please tell me thw new quests didnt take 6ish people a month to do.

Im nearly convinced that the creation of this game was almost entirely outsourced ( China? ) this game was much better 2 weeks after release.

Sure none of the perks worked and there were very rare crashes but the game seemed more alive. The minor factions had extremely unique trees that were stronger than general soldiers. Now theyre weaker and no longer very unique. Beating the AI has become childs play with everything they've altered to vassals. Once they lose their initial group it's very hard to lose to them.

This game feels more hollow and unfinished than at launch. It has less bugs now but it also lost what little soul the game had. I really feel scammed... with the millions they made they could of turned this pig pretty but they put none or little of tje cash they made in to finishing the game. The 50$ is whatever but I feel completely scammed...

Buy our game in EA! Fyi the game in ea is actually the finished product minus a dozen or so features we told you would be in it. /wrist ...if youre going to have modders make the game then dont charge 50. Charge 20 and ill give the modders 30 for doing most of the work.

The amount of "shilling" on here makes me extremely skeptical... these people write english as if they're Turkish.. hint hint nudge nudge.

LOLLLLL. Thats a joke i hope. Lmao. Majority working on missions
. Lol. 2 new missions once a month which are extremely basic quests. Please tell me thw new quests didnt take 6ish people a month to do.

"Missions" is the term used under the hood for what we mostly call tactical battles, custom battles, scenes or stages. And 'majority' in that sentence you quoted refers to the rest of the programmers, not the eight working on the campaign side of things.

"Missions" is the term used under the hood for what we mostly call tactical battles, custom battles, scenes or stages. And 'majority' in that sentence you quoted refers to the rest of the programmers, not the eight working on the campaign side of things.
The point here I think is that it doesn't seem like they have enough people working on the game despite receiving plenty of money from EA. Nice, thanks for clarifying what those 8 people do. They should have at least hired a few competent artists, programmers etc to speed up the process, no?

The point here I think is that it doesn't seem like they have enough people working on the game despite receiving plenty of money from EA. They should have at least hired a few competent artists, programmers etc to speed up the process, no?

It takes months to get new people up to speed, so even if they had, it still wouldn't have resulted in anything tangible.

At any rate, most games don't go EA so they can hire more technical staff; they do it so they can get more runway to continue developing without having to wrap a bow on everything and release in whatever state exists. Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight does (or did) that sort of thing.

What I find most egregious is the lack of non-programming-dependent content.
I can understand and forgive (even though the time taken is really, really long) that complex optimization/graphics/new assets require a lot of manpower and technical know-how, and need to work through priorities and so on.
What I can't get is how come that there is so little dialogues and quests and so on in the game. These don't need programmers, they just need writers. I could excuse it if Talesworld was still a small 2-3 men studio where everyone does all the job, but with dozen (90 or so last I heard ?) people, there is absolutely 0 reason to not have the designers churning text and stories and quests and the like while the programmers do the under-the-hood work.
Nothing big in 6 months? Are you even talking about Bannerlord? I mean they fixed a big number of bugs, added new armor sets for Battania and Sturgia. Added late game horse harnesses, improved ai diplomacy, multiple new quests, added cheering, added multiple perks, added multiple females to avoid clan destruction, with hooked spears you can take off people, they added modding tools and much more. If that's not enough for you, then I am very confident that with even their biggest update or full release you still would be unhappy.
This is a joke ?
All that is barely what you can get in a mod. Heck, there actually is a mod that actually includes fixed perks, which is barely a one-man work. What kind of blind fanboy are you ?

6 month is a long time, entire games are usually made in 2-3 years, while this one has seen barely any improvement at all.

It takes months to get new people up to speed, so even if they had, it still wouldn't have resulted in anything tangible.

At any rate, most games don't go EA so they can hire more technical staff; they do it so they can get more runway to continue developing without having to wrap a bow on everything and release in whatever state exists. Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight does (or did) that sort of thing.
Ehh, I'm not sure about that, if you get someone who's competent at their job, it would probably take them a week to get up to speed. The problem with TW is that they're based in Turkey and I would imagine their talent pool is not very large and it would probably be difficult to convince international talents to move to Turkey.

I understand, they probably don't think they need to hire more if they see that they're on track to meeting their EA promise which if I'm being honest is close to what we have now but without the bugs. If you're a fan/player you'd want them to hire more people so we can get a better and more content rich game at the end of EA. These bug fixing patches are not it.

Edit--What Akka just said. Yeah what's up with that? didn't they recycle Warband dialogs?

Back
Top Bottom