Lancer

Users who are viewing this thread

lancer.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Khuzait Lancer in this thread.

Same as Empire Courser, using the Glaive on horseback is completly broken. I'm not sure how I would fix it, but it's really fast and hits really hard, onehitting most of the time. Both damage and speed should be nerfed if you want to keep this weapon with this class IMO.

Glaive is so broken. It one shots unarmoured class and kills armoured class in 2 hits. It needs a nerf though I think that's how most of the weapons should be, you should kill in 2-3 hits.

The fact that you can sit in a crowd of infantry and lay them all out with a glaive and get away scott free is completely ridiculous. Glaive either needs a swing speed or damage debuff to stay even remotely fair. Or spears need to be able to do more damage to horses. A lot of the balance issues stem from spears sucking right now IMO.

NOOOO YOU CANT JUST 1 HIT MY ENTIRE TEAM ONE AFTER ANOTHER

haha glaive go swing

NOOOOOO YOU CANT JUST ESCAPE UNSCATHED WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT OFF GUARD BY A SPEAR WE'RE SUPPOSED TO COUNTER YOU AND YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE PUNISHED FOR YOUR MISTAKES IN-GAME LIKE THE REST OF US

haha double-tap w go zoooom

The khuzait lancer should be buffed by making their cost 190. For khuzaits I think that they should be the only faction in the game that can foster heavy cav twice in a game with 380 gold. This makes the faction one of the strongest cav faction and still keep it balanced for the effective nature of spears.

The khuzait lancer should be buffed by making their cost 190. For khuzaits I think that they should be the only faction in the game that can foster heavy cav twice in a game with 380 gold. This makes the faction one of the strongest cav faction and still keep it balanced for the effective nature of spears.
I disagree with this. Vlandia is meant to be the main heavy cavalry faction, not Khuzait. The Lancer is also undoubtedly the strongest cavalry unit as of now considering it can kill with one hit easily whereas a Knight (who, arguably, is meant to be the best heavy cavalry unit in the game) might only deliver 80 damage from a thrust that is a lot harder to land and requires more speed than the glaive. Nomad would be the Khuzait cornerstone unit because it's a cheap versatile basic horseman.

I disagree with this. Vlandia is meant to be the main heavy cavalry faction, not Khuzait. The Lancer is also undoubtedly the strongest cavalry unit as of now considering it can kill with one hit easily whereas a Knight (who, arguably, is meant to be the best heavy cavalry unit in the game) might only deliver 80 damage from a thrust that is a lot harder to land and requires more speed than the glaive. Nomad would be the Khuzait cornerstone unit because it's a cheap versatile basic horseman.

I disagree because
1) Vlandia is a significantly better faction they have crossbows, decent infantry and good cavalary. Kuzait have nothing their inf is mediocre, their cav is overpriced and their archers are somewhat average. The gaive is somewhat okay but it is very weak as it can be countered by throwing weapons, spears, and even arrows/bolts. I am talking in terms of skirmish and this is not the case at all.

2) khuzait is garbage if they use lancers because their lance gets outranged, their horses dont bump the same way as other factions, and they are priced the same way as other factions.

3) Based on what you say you seem like you are talking about tdm, if so then any 2h is strong. Menavilions are very strong.

4) the Nomad is absolutely horrible. their spear is 160 range which is the shortest spear in the game

The glaive needs to be halved in size and its damage too. There's a reason two handed weapons weren't popular for horseback combat in real life.

Khuzait lancer is the worst heavy cavalry in the game right now as of 1.5.3. Its lance is the shortest lance in the game, has nearly the same speed as the others and nearly the same damage. It lacks armor compared to others. Its horse is OK because high maneuverability. Glaive is a broken weapon and basically useless in skirmish because you need to unequip your shield to swing it. You might as well trade some armor for glaive and shield and use it as a rotation weapon(you can stab with it and its nearly the same stats as the lance, a bit longer).
Ideas for buffing it:
1-Give it a longer lance, vlandian knight got one with 1.5 and its one of the strongest cav now. Maybe increase the lance length to 195 to give it a chance against others. In return make it slower 2-3 units more.
2-Give its horse better charge damage and maybe in return take away some of its maneuverability, its already too high you don't need that much.
3-Give lancer +5 more armor for increased survivability.

The glaive needs to be halved in size and its damage too. There's a reason two handed weapons weren't popular for horseback combat in real life.
If we're talking gameplay balance, the Khuzait Lancer with the Heavy Glaive is currently the Khuzait's saving grace since the faction meta has been "die as rabble, spawn as lancer, repeat" for the longest time. As of 1.5.5, it at least works against Sturgia hence why I think Khuzait's only the SECOND weakest faction in the game.

Khuzait lancer is the worst heavy cavalry in the game right now as of 1.5.3. Its lance is the shortest lance in the game, has nearly the same speed as the others and nearly the same damage. It lacks armor compared to others. Its horse is OK because high maneuverability. Glaive is a broken weapon and basically useless in skirmish because you need to unequip your shield to swing it. You might as well trade some armor for glaive and shield and use it as a rotation weapon(you can stab with it and its nearly the same stats as the lance, a bit longer).
Ideas for buffing it:
1-Give it a longer lance, vlandian knight got one with 1.5 and its one of the strongest cav now. Maybe increase the lance length to 195 to give it a chance against others. In return make it slower 2-3 units more.
2-Give its horse better charge damage and maybe in return take away some of its maneuverability, its already too high you don't need that much.
3-Give lancer +5 more armor for increased survivability.
As of 1.5.5, skirmish-wise it's in a much better position now its lance is much longer, it was probably the weakest side of the lancer. Glaive still destroys people in tdm and siege but is ultra risky in skirmish so it barely gets picked.

Everyone knows that the glaive is OP. I suggest the following:

1. Shorten the weapon while maintaining a similar size like Guan Dao or Pu Dao.
2. Shorten the angle for swings (extendable for all other horseback polearms. See this thread for more info).
3. (to be debated) Lower the damage it deals.

Here a little test:

Reduced mounted swinging arcs + weapon with parameters (blade scale 200 / handle scale 80)

If Lancer needs to be nerfed, I'd be in favour of lowering the damage of the Heavy Glaive, and possibly rename it to "Cavalry Glaive", kinda like how the Cavalry Menavlion deals less damage than regular menavlions to make up for the fact that swingable polearms deal much more damage on horseback.

If Lancer needs to be nerfed, I'd be in favour of lowering the damage of the Heavy Glaive, and possibly rename it to "Cavalry Glaive", kinda like how the Cavalry Menavlion deals less damage than regular menavlions to make up for the fact that swingable polearms deal much more damage on horseback.
that wont help at all, because most damage of cavalry is accumulated from speed momentum, therefore their damage will be one-shot anyway/or their damage would be nerfed to the point where it deals about 10-20 damage per swing without speed, in which case it would rather be just a pole without metal head lol
Everyone knows that the glaive is OP. I suggest the following:

1. Shorten the weapon while maintaining a similar size like Guan Dao or Pu Dao.
2. Shorten the angle for swings (extendable for all other horseback polearms. See this thread for more info).
3. (to be debated) Lower the damage it deals.

Here a little test:

Reduced mounted swinging arcs + weapon with parameters (blade scale 200 / handle scale 80)

while THIS is amazing way to fix this death scythe guy, i hope a devs will notice this amazing and detailed idea

that wont help at all, because most damage of cavalry is accumulated from speed momentum, therefore their damage will be one-shot anyway/or their damage would be nerfed to the point where it deals about 10-20 damage per swing without speed, in which case it would rather be just a pole without metal head lol
When you put things that way, i now can't help but wanna see a Pole Mace like what the Vaegirs had in Warband. Maybe this could be a potential replacement for the Heavy Glaive?

Cavalry Staff
Swing Speed: 80
Swing Damage: 30 blunt
Thrust Speed: 80
Thrust Damage: 20 blunt
Reach: 172

When you put things that way, i now can't help but wanna see a Pole Mace like what the Vaegirs had in Warband. Maybe this could be a potential replacement for the Heavy Glaive?

Cavalry Staff
Swing Speed: 80
Swing Damage: 30 blunt
Thrust Speed: 80
Thrust Damage: 20 blunt
Reach: 172
You realize blunt damage is much more worse because it nearly ignores armor?

Back
Top Bottom