Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a heads-up for people who are disappointed about the state of the game and the progress so far? I fail to see how refunding a game is "an attempt to push devs", it's more like cutting losses and being done with the game imo. Steam allows refunding if you're having problems with the game or when the devs fail to deliver their promises, that's not news and I'ld think you would be able to get a refund for Bannerlord regardless of the playtime, the question is why does it seem to bother some. The way I see it, fanboys and TW sub-accounts started the drama as usual. I spent 500 hours in game and no I didn't have a BLAST while playing it. I bought it, thinking they would catch up to the picture they painted in our minds all these years so I just saw it as a way to pass some time while listening to music no matter how lacking it was. Forget all the other problems, we're talking about a company that took almost a year to implement a bloody in-game report system. They're still trying to manually handle the moderation side, rather than implementing an auto-kick/ban system. I spent almost 500 hours while having to deal with dozens of teamkillers and toxic players all the time, even the mute wasn't permanent so I had to mute for every match I encounter them. It's so alarming to see some people here, advertising it as a flawless experience like people must be having a blast playing Bannerlord. Not gonna refund after this point but I'ld not trashtalk someone who is done with the game because I have eyes and I can see the amount of competence so far and it's nothing to write home about at the least.

If you spend 500 hours on something you dont like you're an actual -snip-. That's literally all I have to say about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
d527e928502a4b474fd66056b55b97e2.png

Last edited:
Public Service Announcement:

I was able to refund this game through steam despite 400+ hours played. My initial request was denied as it fell outside of Steam's 2-hour/14 day refund window.

However, Steam allow you to appeal that decision and they will review on a case-by-case basis.

I appealed and made my case on the basis of the multiple game breaking bugs, technical and optimization issues, and missing content and my refund request was granted.

I believe my reasons for refunding apply to most of the Bannerlord community, so if you have thought about a refund go ahead and request it.
No way I love the game. you sound like the male version of a Karen. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Good riddance.
You got that right.

Nice to know man. I hope EVERYONE is now refunding the Game so TW sees what **** of Software they published for 60 bucks!

Buy it as a code for 5bucks in a few month.

Yes Im a flamer :smile:
Cry baby thats what you are. cant beat the game so you cry. pfft
Away with you vile beggar.

So are most "standard" releases. I personally don't understand why anyone would buy a AAA game on release, but I can understand why they would get frustrated if it was a load of crap. Ever since steam became the norm for PC releases, developers have been using patches as a way to make every game an "early access". People basically expect patches these days, and use the same language for standard releases as you're using for an EA game.

Also "You knew what you were getting into" is a terrible argument, because if they did "know what they were in for", they wouldn't have bought it and wouldn't be complaining. Just became callum said "the game wont be finished" a few times doesn't mean people were expecting a game this mechanically bereft.
Oh c'mon, they're not little childs dude, they did knew what they were getting into, we all did. I know I did for sure, and I criticize where it's due but making a baby rant and saying you will refund after 400 hours, c'mon, it's time to act like a grown up, I'm 100% sure he would have wasted his money on a worse game anyways

This.

Brilliant ****post, i didn't expect the bait to attract so much

He was so efficient he didnt even have to respond again on this thread yet its 4 pages long.

Not brilliant, god tier ****post

You think writing a bullS**t post is something to be proud of? Cool life bro.

Olympeus will not be able to stay away from bannerlord anyway. If something drew your attention for some 400 hours, it can draw your attention again. This is what I am finding, as my WB time (native,mods, and dlc) is now approaching 1000 hours. Even after Bannerlord, WB is still captivating me for hours on end. I play test new BL versions for several days and then jump back over to WB. But I can't let BL go either. 500+ hours in BL and I still get sucked back into that one as well. I'll add this: Going from BL combat to WB combat - easy as pie. Coming back to BL combat from WB, that's an adjustment.

Olympeus will not be able to stay away from bannerlord anyway. If something drew your attention for some 400 hours, it can draw your attention again. This is what I am finding, as my WB time (native,mods, and dlc) is now approaching 1000 hours. Even after Bannerlord, WB is still captivating me for hours on end. I play test new BL versions for several days and then jump back over to WB. But I can't let BL go either. 500+ hours in BL and I still get sucked back into that one as well. I'll add this: Going from BL combat to WB combat - easy as pie. Coming back to BL combat from WB, that's an adjustment.
Hah only 1k i have had no life for 10 years and have 4.8k you filthy casual

Hah only 1k i have had no life for 10 years and have 4.8k you filthy casual
I wouldn't say I'm casual. 1k is a lot of time. 4.8k is pretty ridiculous... lol. I have to make time for my more productive pursuits as well. Mainly, the pursuit of knowledge. It's a never ending quest.

I wouldn't say I'm casual. 1k is a lot of time. 4.8k is pretty ridiculous... lol. I have to make time for my more productive pursuits as well. Mainly, the pursuit of knowledge. It's a never ending quest.
1k is quite a bit and it was just a joke but i do actually have 4.8k but since at school i was already pretty good it wasnt until i reached college to where i had to spend less time i was aiming for 5k but never reached it

Upgradable villages were shown, gang crime system was shown, better sieges were shown. Just a few examples.

That was 2-3 years before the EA release so I expected it to be in the EA release. We still don´t got this and probably never will get it because dev priorities have changed.

Just a few examples.

And I personally don´t believe, that all perks will be working in the next 6 months and that we have unique scenes for each castle/town/etc. Not even talking about fixing balancing AI/economy/other stuff.

That´s just my personal opinion. Sure you can enjoy this game and have fun for 500+ hours. But I don´t have fun and I want to get the stuff that was shown/advertised years ago (Banners :sad: ).

Source (12:40min):

Where can I experience this stuff shown 4 years ago? Will I ever be able to experience it? Where are those towns full of life shown in this 4 year old trailer? Did the EA description told me it was scrapped? :wink:

I expected at least the gang system that was shown 4 years ago to be in the game ("now we can place one of our own companions here and that will stop others thugs from coming...). Is this now the still bugged gang leader quest? :wink:

That´s what I´m talking about. We´ll never get this feature or do we?

As I said...just one example. For me it´s like this:

So a refund makes sense for me.

Damn, thats actually insane. I was already disappointed by the poor, barebone nature of the EA as it currently is, and I didn't even remember all these things they showed FOUR years ago and are nowhere to be seen in the current build.
They literally just created small scripted mock-scenes to lie about their progress in public and then went into EA 4 years later. Just imagine what type of expectations people must have had when they saw this 4 years ago and now heard about an EA. They expected this game to be so feature and gameplay rich already, and were served some dead village and town scenes + bugged siege AI. But yeah, the people pulling the refunds are the bad guys :wink:
Requesting a refund 500 hours in is quite the audacity I agree, but that guy surely did not get his refund anyway. But people who are 5 hours in, 10 hours in, should be fine to refund because they were kinda scammed. Its just as MostBlunted says: TW never clarified that basic features such as showcased 4 years earlier are no longer gonna be in the game. And if TW really plans 12 months of EA, and you check out how little progress they have made up until now, you will see that 80% of the features they promised wont be in at all - or they prolong EA. Either way, people feeling deceived are in the right.
But of course I don't expect this fanboy flooded place to support such thoughts.

Announcements of cut or reworked features were in the devblogs between that video and EA launch. I don't agree with some things being cut, or how certain things were implemented, but let's not pretend that they didn't make any effort to be transparent about it.

If you spend 500 hours on something you dont like you're an actual idiot. That's literally all I have to say about that.
I spent 500 hours listening to music, playing Bannerlord as a secondary activity while hoping it'll get better over time, I'm saying I'ld not trashtalk someone who wants/gets a refund after some playtime because Bannerlord experience alone was broken and still is to some degree. Seems it was hard to wrap it around your head, it's alright, we can't all be the best out of the bunch. :wink:

I spent 500 hours listening to music, playing Bannerlord as a secondary activity while hoping it'll get better over time, I'm saying I'ld not trashtalk someone who wants/gets a refund after some playtime because Bannerlord experience alone was broken and still is to some degree. Seems it was hard to wrap it around your head, it's alright, we can't all be the best out of the bunch. :wink:
Bruh why are you still trying to justify 400 hours lmao, that is just to much time to not count at all, fr, it's time to stop. The thread itself is bait and trash talk anyways

This thread is totally valid in my opinion. Doesnt matter how much you love/enjoy this game.
I also agree. And I think some of these guys are just refusing to think critically. There are lots of games, people don't really enjoy, but play them because they don't have any other games to play, or are just hoping its gets better.

Ex: World of Warcraft, COD, PUBG etc etc.

The amount of time you spend playing does not automatically equal your enjoyment. This just seems obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom